Please help with how to add nutrients to RDWC

• Thread starter Richju2175
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Richju2175

Richju2175

What is the si ? If you don’t mind . If you don’t mind send me pic of nuts I may inquire about that line of nuts

B

BillyBanchan

What is the si ? If you don’t mind . If you don’t mind send me pic of nuts I may inquire about that line of nuts

Si is Silicone, for stronger plant structure.

GH Flora has been around for ages. I don't use any gimmicky supplements or anything, just basics plus Si, CalMg, fulvic and humic acids.

You can't throw a rock at the hydroponics side of the internet without hitting a Flora series jug! Forums, YouTube, etc.

simonkay

simonkay

Well thank you . I feel I shouldn’t use it since you say you never heard of it . Do you do RDWC? And what nut line do you use . I really want it simple but I don’t think nothing simple in RDWC hydroponics lol
I used "canna" for base they have a rdwc version and i used plagron green sensation mixed with rock resonator for flavour right towards end of harvest.
I used a canadian conpany called hygrozyme for the roots but cannas version is still good.
I followed the canna feed schedule and started at 1/4 strength building to 1/2 as i flipped to flower. Depending on how big your plants get you might need to use 3/4-full strength for the peak in week 3-4 flower when the plant requires most amount of nutes and then taper back down to 1/4 strength so the plant can senescence in the final few weeks.
Also dont forget there should be a water level adjuster in your nutrient bucket you need to put that down weekly after veg so the roots have space to breathe.

Richju2175

Richju2175

I used "canna" for base they have a rdwc version and i used plagron green sensation mixed with rock resonator for flavour right towards end of harvest.
I used a canadian conpany called hygrozyme for the roots but cannas version is still good.
I followed the canna feed schedule and started at 1/4 strength building to 1/2 as i flipped to flower. Depending on how big your plants get you might need to use 3/4-full strength for the peak in week 3-4 flower when the plant requires most amount of nutes and then taper back down to 1/4 strength so the plant can senescence in the final few weeks.
Also dont forget there should be a water level adjuster in your nutrient bucket you need to put that down weekly after veg so the roots have space to breathe.
Thank you. Didn’t understand the water level thing you said at the end . I’m lost

simonkay

simonkay

Thank you. Didn’t understand the water level thing you said at the end . I’m lost
In the picture attached you can see 4 pots plus control pot or nutrient pot where you can easily check ph/ec.
Mine was attached to a resovoir so it tops up when it goes low. In this control pot there should be a auto level indicator like you get on a toilet to refill after a flush. This water leveller can be adjusted down one notch usually every week in flower i.e. 8 levels at least thats what mine had. The idea is your roots will be huge in flower and you dont want water right to the top as it wont provide enough air and you get root rot problems etc. In the last week of flower your water level will be less than half what it was 1st week of veg. Hopefully your system has this auto level if not you can do probably do it manually but it would make sense to ensure you have this in the system.
Its best to have this pot and resovoir outside the room to keep it cool and much easier to mix away from lights btw.
My system was from growell but i cant remember the manufacturer. If youre a bit stuck them lads should know alot about rdwc by now and im sure its gotten better since i last had one.

IMG 20230619 102803
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

In the picture attached you can see 4 pots plus control pot or nutrient pot where you can easily check ph/ec.
Mine was attached to a resovoir so it tops up when it goes low. In this control pot there should be a auto level indicator like you get on a toilet to refill after a flush. This water leveller can be adjusted down one notch usually every week in flower i.e. 8 levels at least thats what mine had. The idea is your roots will be huge in flower and you dont want water right to the top as it wont provide enough air and you get root rot problems etc. In the last week of flower your water level will be less than half what it was 1st week of veg. Hopefully your system has this auto level if not you can do probably do it manually but it would make sense to ensure you have this in the system.
Its best to have this pot and resovoir outside the room to keep it cool and much easier to mix away from lights btw.
My system was from growell but i cant remember the manufacturer. If youre a bit stuck them lads should know alot about rdwc by now and im sure its gotten better since i last had one.
That’s an interesting concept.

I personally run mine just under the net pot from start to finish.

simonkay

simonkay

That’s an interesting concept.

I personally run mine just under the net pot from start to finish.
Cant say ive done that but i went with the manufacturers.design. cant speak on how much difference it makes, but we all sort of know roots like to stretch to find water and i had 60litre tubs filled out with roots. Wish I could compare to other method to make sure though

Richju2175

Richju2175

Si is Silicone, for stronger plant structure.

GH Flora has been around for ages. I don't use any gimmicky supplements or anything, just basics plus Si, CalMg, fulvic and humic acids.

You can't throw a rock at the hydroponics side of the internet without hitting a Flora series jug! Forums, YouTube, etc.

Thank you.

Richju2175

Richju2175

Thank you.

Richju2175

Richju2175

I don’t have anything bigger to mix in so I just do 5 at a time.
Once I have done one , it’s very simple for the next.
In 5 gallons for myself I would have 20ml of calmag, 40ml base 60ml bloom .
This gives me 1.35ec (650-700ppm).
Also would need 1.5-2 ml of 80% ph up.
Looking for 6.
So quick question just to make sure I’m doing this right lol . Do I just measure nuts for my Rez size which is 13 gallons or do I use all buckets which I have 4 - 13 gals in tent and also my 1-13 gal outside of tent please let me know

Richju2175

Richju2175

We all learn the hard way!

Keep in mind: mix your nutrients in a certain order to avoid nutrient lockout. pH adjustments generally come last. Measure carefully!

For example, I use GH Flora series, and I mix 30-40 gallons at a time. Here's a representative mixing sesh, and in order:

Beginning Water: 64° / 7.0 pH / .045 EC

Si - 2ml /Gal = 60ml
CalMg - 4ml /Gal = 120ml
Micro - 4ml /Gal = 120ml
Bloom - 3.6ml /Gal = 108ml
Gro - 2.8ml /Gal = 84ml
Humic - 4ml /Gal = 120ml
pH down

Final: 65° / 6.0 pH / EC 1.4 (700ppm)

Thank you

B

BillyBanchan

So quick question just to make sure I’m doing this right lol . Do I just measure nuts for my Rez size which is 13 gallons or do I use all buckets which I have 4 - 13 gals in tent and also my 1-13 gal outside of tent please let me know
Use the total amount of water that's in the system at any given time.

Richju2175

Richju2175

We all learn the hard way!

Keep in mind: mix your nutrients in a certain order to avoid nutrient lockout. pH adjustments generally come last. Measure carefully!

For example, I use GH Flora series, and I mix 30-40 gallons at a time. Here's a representative mixing sesh, and in order:

Beginning Water: 64° / 7.0 pH / .045 EC

Si - 2ml /Gal = 60ml
CalMg - 4ml /Gal = 120ml
Micro - 4ml /Gal = 120ml
Bloom - 3.6ml /Gal = 108ml
Gro - 2.8ml /Gal = 84ml
Humic - 4ml /Gal = 120ml
pH down

Final: 65° / 6.0 pH / EC 1.4 (700ppm)

Good afternoon. Hope all is well. Are you using regular tap water if so I thought the tap water was supposed to be PH before you add everything cause I thought everything in the tap water would reject our nuts . Well that’s what I was told because I’m about to run a new batch of water and I want to do it correctly. Thank you

Richju2175

Richju2175

Good afternoon. Hope all is well. Are you using regular tap water if so I thought the tap water was supposed to be PH before you add everything cause I thought everything in the tap water would reject our nuts . Well that’s what I was told because I’m about to run a new batch of water and I want to do it correctly. Thank you
Did you Ph the tap water first then added everything

B

BillyBanchan

No, I did it just like I typed it.

My water comes from a deep aquifer... Nice and clean.

Richju2175

Richju2175

What nutrient line you using? Does it say its specifically for rdwc or just hydro? Either way you use less nutes as rdwc (1/4 strength to begin) is more efficient. Bare in mind some hydro nutes sink to the bottom and clog pipes and resovoirs meaning regular cleaning needed especially when you see it caked up and dried at the bottom of the res. Thats why the nutes for rdwc are lighter and dont clog as much. I hated having a big res because i would have to climb in and scrub off the old nutes. Imo 2 smaller resovoirs are easier to maintain. Either way you want to change water every week to stop any nasties growing.

Get something like hydroguard to add beneficial bacteria that stops root rot which will be the main issue in hydro. Otherwise hydrogen peroxide works well if you need to sterilise the system but it also kills off good bacteria which you want to keep.

And because hydro yields massive nugs you can easily get bud rot like i did, meaning you need to use a dehumidifier if your RH is close to 60%ish end of flower, try and keep it 50% or less last 2 weeks.

Most importantly good luck 🤞
Thank you I didn’t see this message from you. You are a some I’m thankful 🌞

H

Hellbent60

Good evening. Hope all is well. I hope you can help me or lead me in the right direction. How do I I add my nutrients to a 4 -13 gal plus 1 -13 gal rez. How do I add everything could you explain is it after I have it filled with water then do everything is my numbers only measured out of the rez? Thank you for your time.
From what you say, it sounds like you have filled your whole system with water and now want to add your nutrients. What you should be doing is mixing up your nutrient solution before you put it in your system. For you it sounds like your system will take 26 gal (4 -13 gal plus 1 -13 gal rez). You might have to mix up your nutrients in smaller batches until you have filled your system. I would mix up an extra 5 gal so you can top off your system before having to do a complete nutrient exchange, about every 7-10 days in veg and weekly once in flower.

Richju2175

Richju2175

From what you say, it sounds like you have filled your whole system with water and now want to add your nutrients. What you should be doing is mixing up your nutrient solution before you put it in your system. For you it sounds like your system will take 26 gal (4 -13 gal plus 1 -13 gal rez). You might have to mix up your nutrients in smaller batches until you have filled your system. I would mix up an extra 5 gal so you can top off your system before having to do a complete nutrient exchange, about every 7-10 days in veg and weekly once in flower.
The buckets are almost full when I fill everything that’s including the Rez. Plus it is recirculating when I filled my tanks last time it came out to 50 gals that’s what my water meter said and that’s where I stop. So I did my nutrients and base off half of that which was 25 gals so that was wrong ?

Top Bottom