Please help with how to properly use boveda packs.

• Thread starter Alpaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alpaca

Alpaca

Hey all,

I've been curing for about 10 days now. Because I am terrified of mold I threw in boveda packs at 62% as soon as they went into the jars. But I'm starting to feel like I used them too early. The buds are staying pretty spongy because of the packs I think, should I let them dry out more first? Humidity without the packs was about 64-65% I believe

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

So once harvest and dried and now curing you can put that pack in there whenever. I suggest for the first 7 days open the jar in the morning and at night for 15 minutes. Then put the pack in there and open the lid every so often to keep it fresh. The longer you hold onto the bud the less terpes you have. They will evaporate over time.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Don't use the packs right after putting the buds in jars, it's ok if it dried out abit more than 7days. You can add the pack 3 days after putting buds in jar opening (burping) the jars every day. If it feels to moist remove the pack and remove the buds out of the jar for about 30 mins and than put it back and seal. If feels right than just burp the jar. I don't use them anymore as I have a controlled environment for drying at 59-60% RH. All I do is burp the jars everyday for the first 2 weeks. The packs are good if you live in a dry area but they too pricey In comparison to having a controlled environment especially in the long run

Last edited:
Alpaca

Alpaca

Appreciate the comments guys. But a few of you disagree with using them, why? I see it as a nice way to stop overdrying over a longer period of time. I dont like my weed very crumbly

Alpaca

Alpaca

I'm sort of necroing my own post here but after curing for a few months I'm very glad I used them. The bud still smells amazing and the pack created the perfect curing environment it seems. Just in case anyone comes across this post

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Dry them properly first. 60-70% humidity before adding boveda, integra etc.

spread them back out on a cookie sheet for a few hours or more if you jarred to early.

Max temps of 72 degrees for this guy.
burp multiple times daily, or as necessary to hold humidity below 70% for curing.
Buy small hygrometers for the jars if your unsure.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

spread them back out on a cookie sheet for a few hours or more if you jarred to early.

burp multiple times daily, or as necessary to hold humidity below 70% for curing.
Everything above but i would like to add, if you dont need to use them....... don't

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i was in a different thread and they mentioned the Pleasant Grove Farm bags for curing and storage, im thinking of getting them instead of jars... if i ever end up with anything to put in them, lol.
Screen Shot 2021 03 03 at 24755 PM

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

I use 58% Boveda packs after buds have dried. I've not experienced any loss of terpenese smell, taste, or degradation of smoke quality at all. Just my experience.

Ponky

Ponky

Nothing looks as silly as a load where the bags are 239 plus the boveda packet. Now you gotta open each one and pull it out.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

I used them my 1st run and immediately after drying I tossed in the 62’s in mason jars. I and a few others noticed the boveda taste in the bud. My friends would say it tastes “clean.” Next run I didn’t use them at all because I found out I didn’t need them if I dried properly. And sure enough, no boveda taste.
I came to the conclusion that using them when bud was still too moist will absorb that same desiccant smell into your buds and will taste it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom