PLEASE help with possible dual table ebb & flow SOG set up

• Thread starter mattymobb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mattymobb

hello everyone. i have a few ideas but i thought i would tap into my valuable resources here at the farm.. i have a 11.5'L x 4'W at about 7'H room that I am in the (slow) process of setting up. the reason i say slow is because i had had a completed goal in mind but have since retracted that goal and have poured over information here on the site trying to make sure no money/time/ and quality/effort is wasted in my excitement. i cant remember how many times i have heard the advice "read, read & read some more" SOO.. anyway i apologize for the background info back to the topic. i havent found anyone with a topic on what i am looking for i apologize if my research was not extensive enough. [also I am open to other types of systems I just already have pumps, airstones, and a roughneck so I am almost set up but d:passingjoint:ont mind spending the money if a different set up might be easier to obtain.]

i am closing off about the last 3 feet for a small mother/ clone chamber and would very much like any and all input on how to best set up a SOG with ebb & flow table(s). i am thinking a small table for clones once they get to a desirable height for them to adjust to nutrients at half strength and then a slightly larger table at which i can put a few at a time into so that every week or so i have a harvestable plant? i dont see how it could be done with just one since nutes should be half strength to begin with but any help here would be so appreciated i cant even describe. so i am looking at two reservoirs/pumps/tables/timers and only one 1k hood..which i can hang on a slight angle to allot for my small plants on the left gradually growing larger as i go to the right. i just want to make sure i do my measuring twice before i start cutting so to speak. i would like to keep the tables at 3 feet of depth so i can access the far side of the room, as the inside of studs are at 4', that 1 foot will be okay for me to move around.

i know this thread is long but i am trying to give as much information as possible to make any advisors job as easy as possible..i can draw a diagram but am not on my own computer at the moment. thank you all so much for reading and giving me the time of day. i appreciate you.

H

halitzor

You can't do perpetual in ebb and flow because you would be using the wrong nutrients during the wrong grow cycles. Unless you did multiple reservoirs.

You will want to setup roughly 4 separate reservoir systems and do groups of clones 2 weeks apart, the other thing you can do is hand water and customize the nutes each watering. You could also premix several containers representing each 2 week period of flowering and top drip or hand feed.

B

Bobby Smith

Yeah, what Halitzor said.

For your space, sounds like two tables harvested monthly would be your best bet, IMO.

Watch out with only 7' ceilings - you're gonna run into some serious height issues - take away 1' for the reflector to hang, another 1' for the distance from the reflector to the plants, another 3' for the height of the tables, and you're left with only 2' of workable plant height (not including the pots/cubes the plants will be in).

I'd think an Ebb and Gro system would be a similar level of low maintenance while also allowing you some more headroom.

M

mattymobb

that was my thought exactly..wasnt sure if anyone was aware of any tricks i wasnt thinking of. anyone have any suggestions for a DIY (or not) perpetual grow system.. i like the fencepost aero but i am worried about having to clean the spray nozzles all the time for clogging. i could set up dual systems, a small one for clones and then a larger one to be placed in at certain intervals. i didnt want to spend the nut on the DWC system but if i have to i have to and i can just close off a small section of the room for a 2 week clone veg using some fluoro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom