Please help with this deff!!!

• Thread starter marywanna420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

marywanna420

i ph at 6.1 6.2 use a pur water filter from the faucet oxygenate my water also let it sit for 24 hrs before use, i fixed my n problem and got adjusted to it but now this i wanna say its a phos or a calcium but hard to tell n would like some suggestions or info im flushing in the morning as i was told the roots organics line up it high in salinity to use the 5ml program and have been anyways on my own just kind of concernced any help appreciated they are og 18 grown from clone thanks

M

marywanna420

problem loading pics as of right now will post in the am after work :/

hiboy

hiboy

CANT tell ya nada with out pics or at least a descrip. of the problomeos
h

T

trickJames

Top one looks like Cal... Bottom ones look like multiple def's

M

marywanna420

Thanks I agree with you on the top one I kno the bottoms were because of my nitrogen fixed that the 2 weeks,later started xurling n crisping made me think phos , tonight I flushed a couple realy good and my soil ph dropped to 5.6 :0 I water at 6.1 6.2 endlessly let my water sit n everything I think im just gonna go with some distilled to fix the,ph prob n invest into an ro system I think it has alot to do with my water

C

cheech

Invest in a ec meter so you know how much food is actually in the medium. They look like they weren't fed enough to me and have eaten all their fan leaves for energy, but I could only verify that by running 1.4 ec through the medium and checking what the runoff ec was. If it comes out as 1.4, then you would know that is the problem. If it came out at 2, you would know to flush.

M

marywanna420

Invest in a ec meter so you know how much food is actually in the medium. They look like they weren't fed enough to me and have eaten all their fan leaves for energy, but I could only verify that by running 1.4 ec through the medium and checking what the runoff ec was. If it comes out as 1.4, then you would know that is the problem. If it came out at 2, you would know to flush.

ok dont get me wrong i might sound like a newb here as i havent done to much reading about ec meters and what not but ec reading is the amount of nutes in the water??? i get what ur saying though so if i ran 1.4 through the medium and checked the ec if it comes out exactly what i put in that tells me there pretty much no food in the soil for my plants? and if it came out 2.0 there is too much and need to flush? what is a good ec reading, I always strive to further my knowledge and be the best i can be at this any information is greatly appreciated

C

cheech

That's the thing. What is a good ec reading? That's what you will learn when you get the meter and start monitoring your feed and runoff levels. Some strains will tollerate more than others. I happen to find 1.6 is an overall suitable feed for my plants.

When you pour your nute water in the medium it strips the existing salts out so yea, if I fed with a low ec feed and it came out low, then i'd know it was low.

M

marywanna420

That's the thing. What is a good ec reading? That's what you will learn when you get the meter and start monitoring your feed and runoff levels. Some strains will tollerate more than others. I happen to find 1.6 is an overall suitable feed for my plants.

When you pour your nute water in the medium it strips the existing salts out so yea, if I fed with a low ec feed and it came out low, then i'd know it was low.

ok i gotcha so are ec and ppm meters alike in a way ive read a link on the ec meters and i know the ppm meters are parts per million with food to start low and around ending bloom slowly raise, pretty much what are the goods and bads of having not having and ec im all for getting one no prob there, just trying to understand it a little better lol

also now im going to flush the rest of my plants in the morning u kind of saying that im feeding low worries me because i also had that thought cross my mind and stuck with the 5 ml program in fear of useing new nutrients and in fear of salt build up , would you agree i stick with the flush test the runoff with the ec meter and make adjustments next water or feed them right away knowing there already soaked from being flushed because at the same time i will be adjusting my ph up about .4+ notches? hope im not being a pain i realy appreciate it alot!!!:fighting0085:

Rushoe

Rushoe

damn bro those look like maybe u got something going on in the roots well kinda of both like u got something going on with the roots as well as salts build ups which leads back to your roots you may have some gnats attacking your roots grab your self some mosquito dunks from the home depot and put them in your rez for a bit before your feed they wont harm the plants at all and they don't smell also check you run off and ppms run off is key trust me I have learned the hard way.Good luck

Rushoe

Rushoe

try giving plain phed water and check your run off ec and ppm and take it from there.

M

marywanna420

damn bro those look like maybe u got something going on in the roots well kinda of both like u got something going on with the roots as well as salts build ups which leads back to your roots you may have some gnats attacking your roots grab your self some mosquito dunks from the home depot and put them in your rez for a bit before your feed they wont harm the plants at all and they don't smell also check you run off and ppms run off is key trust me I have learned the hard way.Good luck

lol im im in soiled pots pots no rez but i havent seen a single nat in the room and when i press the sides of my pots i can see bright white roots so i know my roots are healthy and abundant i was kinda leaning on bein scared of salt built up because i was told the roots organics is high in salinity but also for the reason ive been only strictly following the 5 ml program every other watering so was also worried in the back of my head that its not getting enough food because the nute volume number for npk is low in itself

C

cheech

You'll figure this shit out, but get that meter pronto. Figure out what ec you've been feeding at and let us know so we can better diagnose your problem.

M

marywanna420

You'll figure this shit out, but get that meter pronto. Figure out what ec you've been feeding at and let us know so we can better diagnose your problem.

K thanks a ton man will be happening today fersure

E

ENugs

I've never seen gnats cause that much damage. Looks like root aphids to me.

H

Hydro-Soil

I don't run soil much but uh.....

Isn't 6.1 pH a little low? I'd go more like 6.6, 6.7?

Have to remember that the pH drops in soil when the water evaps and not all the nutes are eaten. You start at 6.1 and it'll drop down to the low 5's... at that pH in soil your plants will have problems getting the elements they need.

Fix the pH first before you start messing with nute strength. :D

Stay Safe!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
6.2 is the low end of the range for soil. What I see looks like nutrients aren't quite playing well. Problems with calcium, possibly magnesium, phosphorus. You really need to let the pH range a lot higher, 6.8 is generally the high point in the soil range. I feel that pH is offering fare greater importance than EC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom