Please help...WTF is up with this bubba? Herm?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

If this is your first ever harvest period, how can you claim a loss of anything, as you have nothing to compare it to. Especially running a strain from seed.
You' re not giving us enough info to help you out.
1) are all these plants from seed, or did you veg out a seed and divide her into clones?
2) what kind of light did the "plant by the door " receive compared to the others, and what type/wattage lamps are in your room?
3) what type of nutes did you use and at what rates?
4) was this particular plant behind the others in growth, therefore didn't get a
'prime spot' in the canapoy?

I would most certainly take care of that light leak! Hermies and slow growth can occur with a light leak.

Good points Capo...

1) I went from seed to mother then clones.
2) I use 600 watters (hps) with adjust-a-wing relfectors...the plants in question were nearest an exterior type door at the very bottom there is a small light leak from the adjoining veg room which has t5's going 24 hr/7.
3) I used advanced nutrients 3 part, plus a few additives and hygrozyme but all the plants got the exact same feed they were all slightly overfed if anything.
4) I did not even notice these "larfy" specimens til I trimmed them...so they all recieved a good spot under the light, nothing was off to the side of the canopy.

I just got finished jarring my plants, each plant in it's own jar...I will post up some comparitive pics and weights when I have a moment, but I can say for sure that the plants that were in front of the door will be siginificantly lighter and "larfier", and the most larfy examples had nanners and a few seeds.

W

Weedseed

They sell draft protectors that slide under your door and move with the door.A perfect fix for your light leak too :)

JH420

JH420

I have another peice of info to add here...I had a White Urkle parked infront of the door for about 2 or 3 weeks and it is showing a fair amount of seeds on the lower buds....Then there was a White Urkle right behind this one it is seeded as well but not half as bad...then another one right behind it maybe a seed or two, then lastly another one that was at the very back has zero seeds that I could find.

C

CAPO

did the larfy bubba get seeded at all?

(edit) I guess you already mentioned that they did. That would slow it down to. Everytime I seed a plant on purpose it starts to ripen up A LOT quicker.

Take care of that light leak and don't run those fems that hermed on ya.

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the help Capo...do you feel that seeded weed loses a lot of potency?

C

CAPO

if it got seeded real good ...yes. just a few beans here and there...no.
the seeded up herms would be a good candidate for a concentrate that will still knock you on your ass!

JH420

JH420

if it got seeded real good ...yes. just a few beans here and there...no.
the seeded up herms would be a good candidate for a concentrate that will still knock you on your ass!

That's exactly what I was thinkin...I just wanted to make sure the buds had enough potency to make it worthwhile converting to concentrate...finally I'll be able to make use of this bad boy...

R2
J

Jalisco Kid

The light leak will/can cause hermies but I doubt it caused your buds to be much smaller. I bet if you look at your roots that plant would have a weaker system. Maybe from the root temps by the door. JK

JH420

JH420

I will check the roots tonight JK but I don't see there being significant temp differences...the door in question is from my veg room and the temp is stable (mid 70's) since I run the lights 24hrs.

S

sunsimulator

let me add!
any mj plant will have the ability to ( inner sex ) This is not a hermaphrodite, Many ppl will not understand this ,, but it is true.

our job to keep these plants stress free is a tuff one!
outdoors there are micro's , beneficial bacteria , and thousand of other things that plants can use when they get stressed ,, INDOOR CROPS DO NOT HAVE THIS ABILITY .

I do see u have high temps ,, low humidity , and few other things here ,, This plants genome type ,, or the dom genes and traits lean toward the indica, they don;t like this kinda thing ,, SATS DO ,,
so already u implementing stress or could be due to environmental issues ,

also many many ppl do not pay attention to the day and night spread temps ,, a good 10 to 15 degs is really needed to HELP trigger a atp response and this is what makes cycles stay cyclonic . = day and night temps can really make the plant STIR CRAZY .. not know when to trigger this response ,, This may or may not be the case , but things to keep in mind ,

def keep out all light at 12 off time,,

Again every plant has the inner sexing ability ,, most time it is trigger by our own doings!

Keep at it ,, improve the room ,, improve the temps ,, pay attention to feeding ,, and give ya self some time to learn ,, Most time it will take 3 to 5 years to learn how to be a pro grower, it is a skill an trade ,, not some kinda green thumb! takes learning applying facts
and a whole lot of fuggin up ,, but at the end of the day ,, you get to grow big fat buds!! nothing more rewarding !

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Keep at it ,, improve the room ,, improve the temps ,, pay attention to feeding ,, and give ya self some time to learn ,, Most time it will take 3 to 5 years to learn how to be a pro grower, it is a skill an trade ,, not some kinda green thumb! takes learning applying facts
and a whole lot of fuggin up ,, but at the end of the day ,, you get to grow big fat buds!! nothing more rewarding !

Wonderful words of wisdom. I've got a few peeps started in the hobby and most didn't continue on because of the "fuggin up" rate. There def is a learning curve. I got one friend going but he wouldn't listen well. Maybe it's cause he was takin instruction from a woman, not sure:thinking Anyway, just got the info he needed and didn't want anymore. His whole crop, mostly males, did their duty with the girls and he had a ton o' seeds. :winking0067:

Not meaning to hijack your thread with my story. Just wanted to reiterate that if this is your first grow, don't be discouraged. These are not failures, only information needed to eventually perfect your skills. Always be open to learning. It's my motto. I'm in my 50's and have been growing for decades and I'm learning so much new stuff all the time. That's one reason I love this plant so much. You think you've got her all figured out and she humbles you. (Or your husband bumps the timer and effs up your prize grow.) ;(

CC :passingjoint:

JH420

JH420

Thanks CC...definately I'm taking the learning experience out of this, no more light leaks for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom