PLEASE HELP!!

• Thread starter Migrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Migrower

Migrower

Can someone please give me some feedback on the issue I am presenting. I am currently in a grow that presently is in veg. and my plants are under a hipargero light staying it pulls 400 real watts but I’m skeptical never tested it. And for supplemental light 2 65w plant bulbs from Lowe’s until my new light arrives this week.
My plants were doing fine it seemed until I mixed a new batch of nutes. I ofcoursed ph’d it checked the ppm’s I was needing and all was correct. Infact I mixed the nutes the exact ppm as the last batch and all was fine last batch. Mixed nutes in a 5 gallon purified r/o water with cal mag added 1 Tsp. per gallon. Then added the nutes.
So on this new batch after feeding I noticed what I thought to be nitrogen toxicity. So the last feeding all I gave was water of course cal mag’d . Thinking maybe my fox farm and happy frog + humus earthworm castings and some added peat and perlite. Oh plus the water had a tsp of azos for the roots. So anyway after watering I’m still noticing some issues on some of my leaves. I’ll send pics . On the chaos girl it almost looks like rust on some of my bigger fan leaves. On the Gorilla glue x Bluedream it looks like a burn of some kind. Well I raised my light to about 20” (they were about 14”and all was fine since young.) Because I’m thinking maybe it’s light but when I-put my hand under the light it’s not warm. I could really use some help as I’m planning on flipping to flower as soon as my new light and flowering nutrients arrive. I would love some advise as this is my first grow. (and yes that is tinfoil it’s coming down. I realize my white walls would be much better. I know about the hotspots and low reflection compared to white walls. And I know my options.waiting on light to rearrange room. So please anyone who truly may diagnose by the pictures feel free to help out a noob.

Please help
Please help 2
Please help 3
Please help 4
Please help 5
Please help 6
Please help 7
Please help 8
Please help 9
Please help 10
Please help 11
Please help 12
BudBogart

BudBogart

Looks like calcium deficiency. You may need calcium, or calcium uptake may be blocked by other issues. Otherwise, thrips? Any lil flying critters, etc.?

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

did ya water from the top and splash all that spicey water on the leaves perhaps?
they look cooked

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@JWM2 has a very nice thread on slurry test,check his thread and do a slurry test first,next you didnt mention how long has past since last feeding,in soil you can feed and if you screwed it up you want even know for 3 days,you did mention you used water afterwards,how old is your soil,fox is good for first month with just water,why add cal mag if it dont need it,that could also lock you out,you issue is def ph related imo,those leaves will never mend,so cut um off,but right off the bat first,do the slurry test,and check your ph pen about half million of use have had same issues to find out the pen went to shit just saying,hope this helps,maybe jw will swing in and tell you thread name ,i cant remember the name but thread was on what tips and tricks we use to grow with check it out

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The damage to the fan leaves happened a week or two ago, as it takes a while for damage like that to turn brown/reddish. Fox Farm stuff is pretty hot, and if you look at a lot of my posts, it is regarding issues that you seem to be having with the common factor being Fox Farms soils and too many nutes. From my understanding, Fox Farm soils come pre-charged with nutrients. Adding others will compound the problem, which might no show up if you check the PPM before you water them instead of measuring the runoff. Cal-Mag is great, but it is way overused in my opinion. I know R/O water removes the minerals, but they are typically only in low quantities.
I think your problem comes from overfeeding them due to the nutes that you added and the stuff already in the Fox soil. Plants aren't like people...the more you feed them doesn't make them bigger after a certain level. I would flush them a few times...you can always add nutes if you don't see any improvement in a week or two, but it is much easier to add than to leach out.

Migrower

Migrower

Looks like calcium deficiency. You may need calcium, or calcium uptake may be blocked by other issues. Otherwise, thrips? Any lil flying critters, etc.?
No no flying buds at all. And I use cal mag with my r/o water. It’s Cali magic I’m using just a little under 1 tsp per gallon

Migrower

Migrower

@JWM2 has a very nice thread on slurry test,check his thread and do a slurry test first,next you didnt mention how long has past since last feeding,in soil you can feed and if you screwed it up you want even know for 3 days,you did mention you used water afterwards,how old is your soil,fox is good for first month with just water,why add cal mag if it dont need it,that could also lock you out,you issue is def ph related imo,those leaves will never mend,so cut um off,but right off the bat first,do the slurry test,and check your ph pen about half million of use have had same issues to find out the pen went to shit just saying,hope this helps,maybe jw will swing in and tell you thread name ,i cant remember the name but thread was on what tips and tricks we use to grow with check it out
Thank you so much. It’s been about a day since I ran only cal mag and water. The soil is over a month old but as transplanted more was added. And I thought I had to add cal mag to r/o water?

Migrower

Migrower

Thank you so much. It’s been about a day since I ran only cal mag and water. The soil is over a month old but as transplanted more was added. And I thought I had to add cal mag to r/o water?
Found the thread thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I ran the slurry test and tested my pen beforehand. Pen is calibrated and slurry was at 5.61 the first 25 min later 5.59 is that too low?

So your soil has become acidic likely from excess nutes. What you need to know is the ec (ppm at .5 conversion). Shows how much is in the soil. Then you will know what action to take.

Also is the runoff yellow or brown? Does it smell bad? Is the lower part of the pot still wet soil?

When you feed too early before the soil is mostly depleted of nutes the roots get blocked and calcium and magnesium is usually the first visual deficiency. If you see this damage it has already been deficient or locked out for a week or two at least.

Adding cal mag to ocean forest is too much calcium and nitrogen if still present in the soil.

Read, read and read more but grow books and gardening and greenhouse guides for a basic knowledge is my best suggestion.

You have to know some before asking on forums because there is all kinds of advice good and bad and you wont know what to do and create more problems.

420Artie

420Artie

Don't worry too much about ph in soil what you got going on is mag deficiency due to cold temps. My plants just went through it and your calimagic has mag in it so just calimagic for now at the recommended dosage on the bottle till they snap out of it. Fox farm comes pre charge so wait till you start seeing some slight yellowing on bottom older leafs then start adding ferts.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well I ran the slurry test and tested my pen beforehand. Pen is calibrated and slurry was at 5.61 the first 25 min later 5.59 is that too low?
do you have any wood ash?reg ash with no trash or chemicals,if so add about 1/2 cup to the top of soil and scracth it in ,when you water next it willbring ph up,there is also lime ,i dont use it cause my soil recipe also use bone meal,they clash with each other lime stays in the pot and will bring ph up to 7.0,i run all my plants veggies and meds at 6.5,if you choice to use lime get the liquid it will immediatly get to the plant,ash will take a few days as does your feeds if you dig

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Don't worry too much about ph in soil what you got going on is mag deficiency due to cold temps. My plants just went through it and your calimagic has mag in it so just calimagic for now at the recommended dosage on the bottle till they snap out of it. Fox farm comes pre charge so wait till you start seeing some slight yellowing on bottom older leafs then start adding ferts.

Cold roots is a major cause! Good tip. Cold root temps cause soggy drowed roots that dont dry out.

There are so many variables. I should have said look to environmental problems first.

Still want to know the ec of rhe runoff with the ro poured through or the slurry checked.

Migrower

Migrower

do you have any wood ash?reg ash with no trash or chemicals,if so add about 1/2 cup to the top of soil and scracth it in ,when you water next it willbring ph up,there is also lime ,i dont use it cause my soil recipe also use bone meal,they clash with each other lime stays in the pot and will bring ph up to 7.0,i run all my plants veggies and meds at 6.5,if you choice to use lime get the liquid it will immediatly get to the plant,ash will take a few days as does your feeds if you dig
Super cool bro. I did the other plant (the one burnt the worst a gorilla blue dream cross ) and the slurry was 5.39. And I remembered I had added some extreme gardening Azos to the mix for the first time too . I thought it would help the roots before flower. Although I have about 170.00 in blooming nutes coming.( silica humic acid. Floralicious plus flora nova bloom. The sugar koolbloom liquid and dry and a cleaning agent. So maybe that threw the ph off. So I take it I want my ph around 7 ?

Top Bottom