Please help

• Thread starter Newbie2019
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie2019

Newbie2019

Guys I have treated for magnesium deficiency, for rust fungus and it keeps getting worse. 6 week of flower and they have stopped growing the last 2 weeks and this rust looking stuff is getting worse by the day.

Please help
Please help 2
Please help 3
Please help 4
Newbie2019

Newbie2019

The white spots are no issue it is from the spray for rust fungus

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The “fungus” looks like advanced phosphorous deficiency. Your roots are blocked by too much nutrients. Have you checked for bugs?

Likely watering too often too.

I would let the pot dry out real dry and then leach with fresh water until clearish runoff comes out and under 1.4 ec at least.

Just guessing without more info.

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Guys I have treated for magnesium deficiency, for rust fungus and it keeps getting worse. 6 week of flower and they have stopped growing the last 2 weeks and this rust looking stuff is getting worse by the day.

The spots definitely look like water droplets from treatment..I agree with @MIMedGrower

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

The “fungus” looks like advanced phosphorous deficiency. Your roots are blocked by too much nutrients. Have you checked for bugs?

I would let the pot dry out real dry and then leach with fresh water until clearish runoff comes out and under 1.4 ec at least.

Yes I have not found any big issues

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are locked out now. She is eating herself because no nutes are available to her.

I suggested leaching the pot with fresh water and seeing what the runoff is like. You want it clearish and lowish ec/ppm.

Then if the ec is low like 1.0 feed a low dose of a complete balanced fertilizer.

If higher than 1.2 i would leave it with the water only till next time.

m8ty

m8ty

Are the plants in Coco or soil, how often were you watering and what was the feeding schedule?

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

They are in ffof. I was feeding Buddha bloom only 1/2 strength of the lowest recommended dose. And only feeding every 3rd watering with a ph of 6.5. I don’t have a ppm pen.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That stuff's not going to feed your plants in my opinion bro, I would start using like a 20-20-20 or something balanced at least, cuz this is basically just a booster that one might use for say the last half of flowering or the last 2 weeks or so

Screenshot 20191014 143509 Chrome

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I agree that you are having some sort of lockout. FF mixes are usually pretty hot and should have plenty of nutrients. Perhaps the higher P & K levels from the bloom booster are combining with the FFOF mix and locking out either the P or K. FWIW, too much of P can cause lockout issues with K, and vice versa, I think. In this case, a lockout might be causing the deficiency symptoms. A PPM measurement would be very useful for determining if this is a possibility. Ph can also cause lockouts, so a cheap test might be beneficial as well.

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

Ok guys I have just gave her water and mag for awhile and it’s not getting any better. Just got my ppm meter in. Should I give her just water when she is ready and check my runoff? The runoff is clear every time. Or should I feed do a light feeding with a low ppm? Or just do a cal-mag. I am lost and don’t know what to do. I am fixing to lose her altogether.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ok guys I have just gave her water and mag for awhile and it’s not getting any better. Just got my ppm meter in. Should I give her just water when she is ready and check my runoff? The runoff is clear every time. Or should I feed do a light feeding with a low ppm? Or just do a cal-mag. I am lost and don’t know what to do. I am fixing to lose her altogether.
You could give us your runoff readings (PPM and pH) now that you've got meters, or we could just keep guessing?

Would also help if you'd step back and take a picture of the whole plant in natural light

Moshmen

Moshmen

Listen up these guys saved one of my babies ! Lol and that what she started out lookin like.and now look at her, pretty crispy but she’s still alive! The more information you give the better responses you will get.
76951921 EDE9 4FED B82B 3E9D4D2BC9F4
Outside of the nutes are you using LED light?

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

You could give us your runoff readings (PPM and pH) now that you've got meters, or we could just keep guessing?

Would also help if you'd step back and take a picture of the whole plant in natural light
That's why I was asking. You did answer my question though so thank you.
I will water only and measure my runoff. I know my runoff PH is consistently 6.5. I read in a growing book I have that mag gets locked out below 7. should I raise my water to 7 when I water the next time?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You're very welcome glad I can help! Here's some more help; You need to throw that grow book you cited from away because that's not a correct statement.

Screenshot 20191023 085555 Google

Can I ask how you know your runoff is consistently 6.5?

A

Aamash09

That's why I was asking. You did answer my question though so thank you.
I will water only and measure my runoff. I know my runoff PH is consistently 6.5. I read in a growing book I have that mag gets locked out below 7. should I raise my water to 7 when I water the next time?
Looks like it's not getting enough oxygen,airflow make a foliar feed with water mixed with molasses

Newbie2019

Newbie2019

You're very welcome glad I can help! Here's some more help; You need to throw that grow book you cited from away because that's not a correct statement.

View attachment 903994

Can I ask how you know your runoff is consistently 6.5?
I have checked my runoff ph for along time. I always ph to 6.5 when watering or feeding as well. I have never checked PPM before I just bought a meter for that now though and will be checking it from now on.

Top Bottom