Please help

• Thread starter comptonca1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
comptonca1988

comptonca1988

Hey guys longtime lurker here need some help. I got two rooms with 10 gavita lights in each. I put great vegged plants in these rooms to flower. The issue I am having is the plant doesn't develop fully. In week 9 the buds are small and not growing. In the second room it is week 5 and it looks like I am having the same problem. Slow development. I use heavy16 nutes the humidity is 55% and the temps around 78 with co2 at 1300 ppm.

Dino70

Dino70

Hey guys longtime lurker here need some help. I got two rooms with 10 gavita lights in each. I put great vegged plants in these rooms to flower. The issue I am having is the plant doesn't develop fully. In week 9 the buds are small and not growing. In the second room it is week 5 and it looks like I am having the same problem. Slow development. I use heavy16 nutes the humidity is 55% and the temps around 78 with co2 at 1300 ppm.
Any pics

GreenGarnet

GreenGarnet

Well, I would think that you know to use a short enough light cycle and that the darkness is strictly maintained and complete.
So then, I would think that the problem may be related to pruning. As in you are not pruning enough or properly at the correct times in the growth cycle. This can result in the plant having its resources spread too thin among too many buds and results in none of the buds reaching a larger denser size. Let me know if this might have been the problem. I see that your request is long past, but perhaps it may help future harvests or other growers who encounter similar issues.

Happy growing!!

GG

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Pictures are a must if possible. Are they flowering for 9 weeks, or are they 9 weeks old total? How old were they when the vegged? Ihave never used CO2, but a lot of plants change their diets considerably when they start to flower, and it can be easy to over-feed them and cause issues with the growth medium, like lock outs. If you are using a lot of nutes, which it sounds like you are, the accumulation of some will bind together and locking out both. A case in point is using a lot of phosphorus (a very popular flowering treatment) with a lot of calcium in the soil, as in Cal-Mag, and the calcium and phosphorus turns to calcium phosphate, which isn't useful to plants/roots. This whole process is slow and doesn't develop overnight. Some of the first signs can be slowed growth and signs of a deficiency.

Top Bottom