Please help

• Thread starter soaringfast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soaringfast

soaringfast

Hey fellow coco growers.
I have been having a heck of a time with my beds full of coco in my sealed room.
I keep getting burned leaves or is it lacking cal/mag.

I feed light and have only been using 2.3 ml per gal of cal mag.
My ec is around 1.2 when I water.

I'm thinking I need more cal/mag?

My unsealed rooms in 3 gal pots in coco are rocking.

This is my last run with beds if I keep going I may rip them out tomorrow out of frustration.

Please help
Please help 2
Please help 3
sticky icky

sticky icky

Wut up SF it looks to me like something other than cal mag diff are your lights closer to your plants than your other room?have u foliar fed or sprayed them with anything close to when the lights come on could always be moisture on the leaves that burns em,I always run my ph at 6.0 and rarely use cal mag in coco but if that is the problem you can deff bump up to atleast 10 per gallon,do u have any fresh air comin in the room sometimes they get styfald if there's no fresh air gettin in just throwin out some possibility's.

sticky icky

sticky icky

I know u said your other room is doin great I'm sure you prob gotem on the same nute regimen,I've found myself that growing in pure coco I was under feeding and I bumped up 10 ml's on my canna a+b and it made a significant diff in keepin my foliage in check and especially in bloom it seems like they can really handle heavy feeds

K

kes5480

so its a sealed room so im assuming ur running ac?
u running co2?

soaringfast

soaringfast

room is 78 and co2 is 1300.

I'm going to stick a plant in the room in a pot to see if it's the beds.

I can't help but think it's the beds.

G

grnmountainboy

what is your lights off temp? there could be too big of a difference. not enough intake air?

soaringfast

soaringfast

Temp varies only a few degrees. I have a minisplit so once set that's where it stays.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

dude,
is it possible that the beds are retaining more moisture than the pots? Are you on the same type of feed schedule? 5ml per gal min for CaMg, unless your nutes are already fortified well. Maybe you are not getting a good wet to dry cycle? I find that to be supremely important for good plant health in the coco.

-TF

soaringfast

soaringfast

Trichome, I think you are on to something.

I'm going to water with some cal mag tomorrow and than let them dry for a few days more than usual.

Rushoe

Rushoe

and if u guys haven't seen my thread yet I am having some issues with my grow atm by not giving them a flush here and there someone brought it up to me that its very important to check the ph of your run off everytime u feed I guess its should come out the same or close to the same of what goes in.....U might have some salts build ups or maybe some kinda of a lock out I think to much calmag can lock out p or k not sure witch one trust me it sucks for me right now and if I can help prevent the same thing from happening to u or who ever can benefit from it that would be kool I dont know if thats whats happening to u but it could be a start...lots of calmag have an npk of 2-0-0 so I have made the swap to epsom salts since my micro has plenty cal already....Something to keep in mind good luck and dont tost ur grow man fix it and learn from it I was so stressed out about mine and wanted to start over as well but I am gonna deal with the issue and try to prevent it.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
yes

dude,
is it possible that the beds are retaining more moisture than the pots? Are you on the same type of feed schedule? 5ml per gal min for CaMg, unless your nutes are already fortified well. Maybe you are not getting a good wet to dry cycle? I find that to be supremely important for good plant health in the coco.

-TF

it looks like oxygen problem
is your res aerated?

soaringfast

soaringfast

After a lot of changing out of things I finally narrowed it down to my dehumidifier.
I have no answer to why my drieaze would cause these issues but it did.
Went to sears and bought a 50pint Kenmore and everything perked up and is growing like it should.
I have been doing this shit for 18 years and have never come across such a problem.
I always keep things simple and tight to avoid issues and when this came up I was very confused.
Now I want to know why the other dehumidifier did caused the bad air. The air even felt strange when I walked into the room.

Glad it's behind me now. Nothing but green ahead

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
After a lot of changing out of things I finally narrowed it down to my dehumidifier.
I have no answer to why my drieaze would cause these issues but it did.
Went to sears and bought a 50pint Kenmore and everything perked up and is growing like it should.
I have been doing this shit for 18 years and have never come across such a problem.
I always keep things simple and tight to avoid issues and when this came up I was very confused.
Now I want to know why the other dehumidifier did caused the bad air. The air even felt strange when I walked into the room.

Glad it's behind me now. Nothing but green ahead

mold fungus or alge is my guess was the room smelly in the wrong way
did you let them dry also ? concurent to changing drieaze ?

soaringfast

soaringfast

I did not let them dry. I tried to change only one thing at a time so I could find the problem.
Perhaps the drieaze is just way too big for my little room? It puts a lot a heat out in a short period of time. Could it be the warm air falling on the leaves and than cooling down?
The room now seems to stay constant instead of the big warm air swings.
This would be my guess.
I did not find any mold or anything abnormal in the drieaze that would be spreading spores or something strange.
One other thing. When running the drieaze there is no plant smell in the room at all.
And these things smell like crazy now.
Would the drieaze be making ozone?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Crazy man! Never woulda guessed the dehumidifier.

Great work!

-TF

soaringfast

soaringfast

Crazy man! Never woulda guessed the dehumidifier.

Great work!

-TF

I would have never of guessed it either and to be honest my wife was the one who suggested it.
It's the one different thing than my other room. I built the rooms identical with in a 1/4" tolerance.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
I did not let them dry. I tried to change only one thing at a time so I could find the problem.
Perhaps the drieaze is just way too big for my little room? It puts a lot a heat out in a short period of time. Could it be the warm air falling on the leaves and than cooling down?
The room now seems to stay constant instead of the big warm air swings.
This would be my guess.
I did not find any mold or anything abnormal in the drieaze that would be spreading spores or something strange.
One other thing. When running the drieaze there is no plant smell in the room at all.
And these things smell like crazy now.
Would the drieaze be making ozone?

wonder if it could have been scrubbing the C02 some how? but at 1300 ppm that is a long shot

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

dude,

-TF

Are you saying this is important in pure coco or for every medium? I was under the understanding that if you let the coco dry out, that will lead to a cal mag issue. I never let mine dry and they are happy as pigs in poo but I use 75% perlite so it may be different
!

Top Bottom