Please someone help me why is this so bushy

• Thread starter Bigbud2021
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigbud2021

Bigbud2021

Gday everyone,
I’ve been needing to post this for a couple days now as my plant is very short and bushy and I’m not too sure as to why it is like this and thought I’d go to a page to discuss this and try and find some help.

Setup:
-Phoenix Seeds (Super Kush Autoflower)
-Dwc 19L bucket
-Air stone With air pump
-100w LED Prow Grow UFO
- 3 mini fans
Using Rock nutrients
Rock A
Rock B
Rock Supercharge
Rock Nitro
Along with Cal mag and Great White beneficial bacteria.

I noticed the plant getting so shrubby about a week ago and have been messing with the lighting arrangement bringing the light up and down.
I have also Topped the plant Twice about a week and a half ago.

If anyone has any tips on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks All

Please someone help me why is this so bushy
Please someone help me why is this so bushy 2
Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Gday everyone,
I’ve been needing to post this for a couple days now as my plant is very short and bushy and I’m not too sure as to why it is like this and thought I’d go to a page to discuss this and try and find some help.

Setup:
-Dwc 19L bucket
-Air stone With air pump
-100w LED Prow Grow UFO
- 3 mini fans
Using Rock nutrients
Rock A
Rock B
Rock Supercharge
Rock Nitro

I noticed the plant getting so shrubby about a week ago and have been messing with the lighting arrangement bringing the light up and down.

Thanks All
Simply let her go and do her thing. Make sure your light is at the proper distance for veg and sit back and enjoy the show.

Bigbud2021

Bigbud2021

Simply let her go and do her thing. Make sure your light is at the proper distance for veg and sit back and enjoy the show.
Cheers mate thank you for the quick reply I think that’s the best option too.
As this is my first grow how far away would you say to have a 100w LED light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In order.

#1 genetics
#2 light spectrum
#3 topping.

Intensity of the light while often claimed to cause stretch when to low or make plants squat when high is actually not so much the case unless its very low light.

Your light is a 4000k spectrum and that's a pretty good amount of blue which will make plants (especially indicas) squat as fuck.

Day and night temls on top of that can have an impact. So if they are the same or slightly warmer with light out that can really shorten internode spacing as well.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Gday everyone,

Setup:
-Dwc 19L bucket
-Air stone With air pump
-100w LED Prow Grow UFO
- 3 mini fans
Using Rock nutrients
Rock A
Rock B
Rock Supercharge
Rock Nitro

Thanks All
Hey al , just curious how old is the plant ? Did you top it when it was like 2 inches tall ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Me personally , might consider getting rid of her and trying different genetics or regular photoperiod plants , you might enjoy the grow more , is there a reason you chose auto flower seeds ? Just curious

Bigbud2021

Bigbud2021

Hey al , just curious how old is the plant ? Did you top it when it was like 2 inches tall ?
In order.

#1 genetics
#2 light spectrum
#3 topping.

Intensity of the light while often claimed to cause stretch when to low or make plants squat when high is actually not so much the case unless its very low light.

Your light is a 4000k spectrum and that's a pretty good amount of blue which will make plants (especially indicas) squat as fuck.

Day and night temls on top of that can have an impact. So if they are the same or slightly warmer with light out that can really shorten internode spacing as well.
Hey mate, Ive put the light up to about 18inches above the top of the plant which should give it enough space to grow up.
I’ve got another light which is a phlizon 600w but I’ve looked it up and people have said it’s not what it’s said to be.
Have you ever used one or know anyone who has I’ve been thinking if I should change the light over for awhile now.

Also my light is on a 20h on 4h off cycle if that changes anything.

I’ve added some photos of the light I’m taking about.

Bigbud2021

Bigbud2021

I'm not an auto flower expert but topping the plant twice at this small size could be a big part of your problem
Hey Dire wolf, yes I topped it when it was about that tall hahaha and still is about that tall. This could have lead it to being this short and shrubby.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The philizon is 100w. The one you have is better but you could toss it in there at around the same height with the red switch on (bloom) if you want to increase the node spacing and give it a 5-10f cooler night temp if possible.

Nothing wrong with a sqaut plant as long as it get decent airflow.

Bigbud2021

Bigbud2021

The philizon is 100w. The one you have is better but you could toss it in there at around the same height with the red switch on (bloom) if you want to increase the node spacing and give it a 5-10f cooler night temp if possible.

Nothing wrong with a sqaut plant as long as it get decent airflow.
Yeah I'm no auto flower guy either but imo let it be and do your best to keep it healthy.
Yeah that’s what I’ve heard about the philizon and had a feeling the one I’m using is better but thank you for all the advise.
It’s got perfect airflow but I’ll try taking the temperature down at night to see if there are any changes.
Cheers again mate

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Bushy is good I love bushy plants, it means branchy lush plants. They go on to produce more and more nodes. Those bud sites form together to create larger colas (huge in some grower gardens).

People are sort of sounding like bushiness traits in D or B genetics are a bad thing?????

Genetics
Supplements
adequate light source
topping (although mostly not a fan of topping being that not all plants respond well to topping it can get to be a bigger and bigger misconception that topping is good) I never heard of topping a plant that new to the world I must say HAHA. But all are (or can be) contributing factors towards creating bushy plants. Though genetics are the number one factor. Then you feed it balanced ratios of NPK and other key elements through veg to promote more of it.

Its mosty a genetic trait/ The bush, and personally I love the bush!!

HA

BTW that little plant looks like its having a great start. I'm not condoning its topping. And that is the youngest plant I ever heard of to go under the knife. IMO let it be to do its growing over the next two weeks. I bet it will get bushier and bushier on its own $0.02

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Welcome to the Farm, I have 2 450w Viparspectra's built like your light, they do ok together daisy-chained. I have unusual seedlings all the time, bagseed from Reggie. But, I am still learning Coco/perlite growing.

20210515 062318 1
Timbo0716

Timbo0716

In order.

#1 genetics
#2 light spectrum
#3 topping.

Look up in the sky, its a bird...a plane...SuperMan? .....hell nooooo....Its @Aqua Man !! Lol, you got this running like Remote Desktop Support. The knowledge you share is priceless dude. You guys are on it, just soaking in all this stuff.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Look up in the sky, its a bird...a plane...SuperMan? .....hell nooooo....Its @Aqua Man !! Lol, you got this running like Remote Desktop Support. The knowledge you share is priceless dude. You guys are on it, just soaking in all this stuff.
I dont know no stinking apps. Been growing 25 years son from the ground up. I do it up old school :p

Having some hot chocolate with some of my lush newbies. Hot chocolate and the smell of composted poop in the morning. I love it 😂

Are they toooo bushy? Is there too much dirt getting on the leaves?...can I take them on walks soon are they big enough yet, who sells the best plant leashes??!! LOL

20210522 014527
20210522 014946
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dont know no stinking apps. Been growing 25 years son from the ground up. I do it up old school :p

Having some hot chocolate with some of my lush newbies. Hot chocolate and the smell of composted poop in the morning. I love it 😂

Are they toooo bushy? Is there too much dirt getting on the leaves?...can I take them on walks soon are they big enough yet, who sells the best plant leashes??!! LOL
Nice looking plants there sir... you grow indoors also?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if it is an auto topping probably wasnt a great idea. how old is she?

"Flowering Time 56 days from germination" so you cropped a couple weeks ago, and it had to be a couple weeks old, that is half its life... at 4 or 5 weeks old it will flower

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom