Please Tell Me If My Plant Is Healthy Or Not, First Time Grower

• Thread starter bhang1998
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bhang1998

bhang1998

these are mango seeds i got from a friend in India and this is the first time i have grown, i have noticed red stems from the start but it does not seem to be a problem as the plant has been growing in a healthy fashion overall, i am not using any store bought nutrients but im using home made fertilizers and compost soil. thoughts?

Please tell me if my plant is healthy or not first time grower
Please tell me if my plant is healthy or not first time grower 2
Please tell me if my plant is healthy or not first time grower 3
Homesteader

Homesteader

Impressive looking genetics. Looks like you are doing well. The plant will start feeding more now than before because it is entering flower but Sativas are slow feeders from my experience.
Could probably use a bit more Nitrogen by the looks of the leaves or maybe a larger size pot next go around but overall she looks nice.

bhang1998

bhang1998

Impressive looking genetics. Looks like you are doing well. The plant will start feeding more now than before because it is entering flower but Sativas are slow feeders from my experience.
Could probably use a bit more Nitrogen by the looks of the leaves or maybe a larger size pot next go around but overall she looks nice.
Thank you for your feedback. I will be now supplying nitrogen to the plant through the egg shells and some urine diluted in water. Other than that i just want to know what organic materials i can use to supply some phosphorus. I will start feeding the plant some epsom salt next week and other than that i will also use some honey in order to fertilize the soil. thoughts?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Im not sure what you have access to but charred bones are a good source for phos and calcium. Soybean meal is one my favorite amendments for N but it also supplies some phos.

Last edited:
bhang1998

bhang1998

Im not sure what you have access to but charred bones are a good source for phos. Soybean meal is one my favorite amendments for N but it also supplies some phos.
okay thank you for the info. also i wanted to point out that my plant leaves had a darker green shade before and now it has become light green. the following are pictures which i took about 1 week back

IMG 20180202 221043
IMG 20180206 204219
Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah I think you are going to see some N deficiencies due to size of container. If you can find some beans to pulverize into a paste and topdress, it may be more effective and easier to gauge then urine.

If your plant wasn't in flower I would say to transplant but I think it will be best to just keep it in there now. Maybe even strip some of the growth on the bottom and force the energy to the top cola.

bhang1998

bhang1998

Yeah I think you are going to see some N deficiencies due to size of container. If you can find some beans to pulverize into a paste and topdress, it may be more effective and easier to gauge then urine.

If your plant wasn't in flower I would say to transplant but I think it will be best to just keep it in there now. Maybe even strip some of the growth on the bottom and force the energy to the top cola.
will do! I do have soya beans at home. thank you for your advice, it has helped me alot! i live in india so if you are ever here i will make you smoke the best malana charas you can imangine :)

Homesteader

Homesteader

will do! I do have soya beans at home. thank you for your advice, it has helped me alot! i live in india so if you are ever here i will make you smoke the best malana charas you can imangine :)

I would love to join you for that someday and see your beautiful country and enjoy some smooth charas. Happy growing!

FYI- most soybean comes in around 7-2-1 NPK. So 7% N, 2% P, 1% K. The finer the meal the quicker it will break down.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

I would definitely start giving her some epsom salt soon. Maybe mix a tablespoon into a litre and spray it on the leaves and buds. The pic is definitely showing signs of mag deficiency and will continue doing so pretty heavily all during flower. With the smaller pot you may be forced to only give the epsom as a foliar.

bhang1998

bhang1998

the pot size looks quite small in the picture i think, the photos below show the actual size, other than that i was wondering on how i can treat the plant for mag def. i have ordered epsom salt aswell but any other things i can do?

IMG 20180202 221103
Homesteader

Homesteader

Not that I am aware of. A large size container on the next go around. Soybean contains a good amount of mag if you are going to go that route, but cannabis can be a glutton for mag and epsom is good for this reason to treat as you go (esp in a small container.)

bhang1998

bhang1998

Not that I am aware of. A large size container on the next go around. Soybean contains a good amount of mag if you are going to go that route, but cannabis can be a glutton for mag and epsom is good for this reason to treat as you go (esp in a small container.)
okay i did feed the plant soya beans as you said, epsom salt has been ordered and will be here by wednesday. other than that how much yield do you think i will be able to get from this plant, i know its a rookie question but im wayyyy too excited as this is my first grow :D

bhang1998

bhang1998

also should i be worried about the red stems?

Homesteader

Homesteader

The red stems could be an indication of early phos def but without growing that strain its hard to say. The smaller pot is like having a smaller reserve on a battery and you may have to top dress more soy every couple weeks. It takes about a week to break down but soaking in water first will aid with speed.

The more sun the better on qty but seeing how you are just getting started, go for quality. Try to get that top cola as healthy as can be. No more urine tho, its too hard to get the right ratio IMO and too many variables.

bhang1998

bhang1998

The red stems could be an indication of early phos def but without growing that strain its hard to say. The smaller pot is like having a smaller reserve on a battery and you may have to top dress more soy every couple weeks. It takes about a week to break down but soaking in water first will aid with speed.

The more sun the better on qty but seeing how you are just getting started, go for quality. Try to get that top cola as healthy as can be. No more urine tho, its too hard to get the right ratio IMO and too many variables.
okay then, the plant gets about 11 hours of sunlight and 13 hours of darkness as of now but this ratio will keep on increasing in favor of more light over the next 2 months. 15th march is the day we will have 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness exactly, I am going for quality only hence i have planted only one seed as of now.

Homesteader

Homesteader

If you can try to get a large fabric pot for the next grow or maybe make one out of something? Clay can limit you as well. More oxygen the better on your soil mix. rice hulls to aerate if you can find them?

Im interested in seeing this long flowering period. Any info on the strain? It seems like a highland variety?

bhang1998

bhang1998

If you can try to get a large fabric pot for the next grow or maybe make one out of something? Clay can limit you as well. More oxygen the better on your soil mix. rice hulls to aerate if you can find them?

Im interested in seeing this long flowering period. Any info on the strain? It seems like a highland variety?
i will keep you updated on the growth of the plant for sure, so this is a strain which i dont know you would know about as it is native to india and is called mysore mango (basically mango kush) the plant smells very fruity as of now and im really hoping i can get some good thick buds out of this girl. once i have harvested, if possible i will try and send you some buds to try out through mail.

bhang1998

bhang1998

If you can try to get a large fabric pot for the next grow or maybe make one out of something? Clay can limit you as well. More oxygen the better on your soil mix. rice hulls to aerate if you can find them h interested in seeing this long flowering period. Any info on the strain? It seems like a highland variety?

Hey, this is the updated pictures which I clicked today, thoughts?

00000IMG 00000 BURST20180317173836582 COVER
MVIMG 20180317 173825
Top Bottom