Pls help ID creepy insect just discovered on flowering plant (photos)

• Thread starter pixelpaws
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pixelpaws

pixelpaws

So I just checked on my flowering plants that I've been flushing and am readying for harvest. They are in cloth pots, coco, indoor tent and I just found these little insects (?) that look somewhat like "pillbugs" (roly-poly) but very small and dark. I pulled a bud where I found two on the stem and they appear to have tiny clear eggs on the undersides. I'm going to inspect more and remove any others that may be there that I didn't see initially and probably harvest these two plants and clean everything. Anyone know what these disgusting things are. (They always look creepier under magnification.)
Creepybugphotojpg

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They look like Aphids, but many insects look like that when first born.
That is a hive. you have an infestation.

pixelpaws

pixelpaws

Thank you, @ComfortablyNumb . I’m inspecting and removing insects and cutting buds to wash after reinspecting and cleaning tent completely. Fortunately, just 2 plants. Other suggestions? Where did they come from? I’m freaking out.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thank you, @ComfortablyNumb . I’m inspecting and removing insects and cutting buds to wash after reinspecting and cleaning tent completely. Fortunately, just 2 plants. Other suggestions? Where did they come from? I’m freaking out.
Sistah, I hate to tell you, but you probably brought them in.

Q: How do bugs get in my grow?

A1: A pet that goes in and out.
A2: A person that goes in and out.
A3: A visitor that goes in and out.
A4: Hole in the building.

Before you go in the 'Garden', change clothes and wash up. Pets and people are the number 1 transmission mode.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There is the alternate theory of how they got there.

An ant was walking along minding his own business when an Aardvark started to chase him. As they were running, a pregnant insect fell from a tree they ran under. It landed on the Aardvark and it chased the ant in an open window in your bathroom. Well, from there, it's history.

Relax Sis. try this or Nuke'Em.

PlantTherapy
pixelpaws

pixelpaws

Gahhhhhhh. I am so careful.
Thank you, my friend.
I appreciate being talked off the ledge.

i have a decent appreciation for many insects (more than the average person), but DONT MESS WITH MY PLANTS!!!!

pixelpaws

pixelpaws

After more study, I've learned these are scale insects. I've experienced them on houseplants in past years and they prefer the stem areas, don't move quickly so are not difficult to find after your eye is trained. One plant was barely touched and I salvaged most of the harvest. The other was worse and I ended up pitching the whole thing. Now I'm feverishly watching the other plants (which were not in this tent) and I've learned they can be eradicated with alcohol o a cotton ball.

And I ordered the Lost Coast Plant Therapy, which I misread as "Low Cost" Plant Therapy (which it is not) but I believe it will be worth it and works for a variety of problems. Thanks again, @ComfortablyNumb .

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

After more study, I've learned these are scale insects. I've experienced them on houseplants in past years and they prefer the stem areas, don't move quickly so are not difficult to find after your eye is trained. One plant was barely touched and I salvaged most of the harvest. The other was worse and I ended up pitching the whole thing. Now I'm feverishly watching the other plants (which were not in this tent) and I've learned they can be eradicated with alcohol o a cotton ball.

And I ordered the Lost Coast Plant Therapy, which I misread as "Low Cost" Plant Therapy (which it is not) but I believe it will be worth it and works for a variety of problems. Thanks again, @ComfortablyNumb .
That's what we are here for. We keep you on ledge instead of dangling from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom