Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Looking awesome, hope that chicken wire holds lol. Chickens can and will destroy everything living lol.
I let 'em roam daily after harvest. They're large enough that the hawks leave 'em alone. They pick it clean. Any insects, plants, fruit, etc they clean it up and fertilize while doing it. Lot of fun to watch and as soon as the sun sets they go back to their coop.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

First seed
20190723 163317

I clipped a half dozen smaller branches a few days ago. Gonna fill a bowl with the bud I picked last week and celebrate.

BloodShot

BloodShot

Most people don't realize just how good fresh hormone free eggs taste. Just 3 young chickens produce 15-18 eggs a week. Their first year we were giving them away and our next door neighbor build a coop and now has his own.

They're easy to care for and don't cost much to keep. I buy bird seed, put a quarter cup in a plastic bin, add water and feed them the seedlings.

One of the best things is they love being scratched under their wings. Too cute.
I hear you, I'll never buy them from the store again.
We had many types of poultry on the farm when I was a kid. Chickens, ducks of all kinds, geese, turkeys, quail and pheasants.
At times I even had 50 turkey chicks in my bedroom closet to keep warm and feed, and I was tasked with feeding watering and cleaning everything including the four legged animals.
The first thing I'm taking onto my 40 acres is a bunch of chickens when I up and move.
I'll tell you this, turkeys love eating cannabis plants and will fly about 12 feet up to get at them in a loft.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Just had a moment with our 20 year old. It was awesome. He asked me what I was growing so we walked the garden. I told him I will teach him how to grow and checked on all my plants. I stressed the importance of not telling anyone (he's smart like his mom who would kill me if she knew about our chat) but he's been getting high for a few years. We know but she's his mom. It is what it is. And no, she doesn't smoke but totally understands the therapeutic value of our favorite plant. I am now on cloud nine. Almost to tears. Hell, I may breakdown in the shower in a few minutes. I don't doubt it.

This was our sunset tonight
20190724 200447

Life is good!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just had a moment with our 20 year old. It was awesome. He asked me what I was growing so we walked the garden. I told him I will teach him how to grow and checked on all my plants. I stressed the importance of not telling anyone (he's smart like his mom who would kill me if she knew about our chat) but he's been getting high for a few years. We know but she's his mom. It is what it is. And no, she doesn't smoke but totally understands the therapeutic value of our favorite plant. I am now on cloud nine. Almost to tears. Hell, I may breakdown in the shower in a few minutes. I don't doubt it.

View attachment 883345

Life is good!
-Hi there, I just read your diary over the last few days and had a few good chuckles over some of your issues, gophers are a source of comedy to those not affected by them and you have a new strain of weed though with your Gopher Grass so alls not a loss. I envy your weather & location, I spent a good deal of my 20's in central Cal. San Louis Obisbo and surrounding area and I miss those winters now. I've seen some Youtube video's of monster plants grown in 600 gallon tubs standing 18' in the air with hundreds of stalks and buds from guys growing in California. I kept thinking Ya baby if I was still there I'd be doing the same thing but I didn't consider the trials and tribulations associated with an out door grow.

I'm way up north & east of Maine now in a the cold miserable little province of Nova Scotia a few feet from the Atlantic Ocean. I've had a few trys growing out dooors here , starting them in and moving them out when the weather does warm up in June but with fog and then early frost in Sept/October they just don't get to finish. So it's indoor growing only for me and now that we're legal and I don't have to fear the doors being kicked in by jack booted thugs with guns I can share my experiences with like minded folk. Just keep in your mind you no matter how many plants you think you see in my pics I only have 4 (the legal limit) the rest is just trickery & shenanigans.

I'm a 67 yr old ex-hippy / electrician / sm business owner / retired / arthritic / married /mechanically enhanced well traveled great grandfather with 2 replaced hips and a skin cap where hair used to grow. I'll start a grow diary here soon and show my den and grow rooms, I have 3 new Bubba Kush and 1 Cherry Bomb popping through now so I'll post pics soon. There maybe some trickery & misdirection involved if you catch my drift.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

View attachment 883345

Life is good!
That’s amazing, your son is gonna be set up 😂😂😂😂😂😂

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Flower jarred
20190726 065434

Day 3. These are half a dozen lower branches of my #3 female that started flowering May 7th.

Here's a pic with the flash
20190726 070412

You can see how frosty they are.

At least a week to go before sampling. I can smell the difference already. Yum!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Seeing your buds makes me so excited that one of my plants started flowering early. They look so tasty!😍

Looking forward to having a little early harvest, Ive got one (White Widow x Critical Mass) thats full of trichomes already. Ill have to post an update on my diary today.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Seeing your buds makes me so excited that one of my plants started flowering early. They look so tasty!😍

Looking forward to having a little early harvest, Ive got one (White Widow x Critical Mass) thats full of trichomes already. Ill have to post an update on my diary today.
This strain is the frostist I've ever grown. First time I grew it 2 years ago I couldn't believe how the trichomes just covered the buds and sugar leaves. And that chem taste is just mouth watering. After just a couple days that hay/chlorophyll smell is dissipating. Next weekend I'll have to fire up the smoker and do up a brisket or rib eyes and puff this stuff all frickin day! And by then that top cola should be ready for the snips.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I've been asked if I'm really a plumber. This past Monday started with helping a new client remodel their master bedroom bath. He did all the demo work and I pulled out the old shower pan, jackhammered out the cement to move the drainline, installed a new shower faucet about foot and a half from where the old was sat, installed a new pan and assembled and installed the new panels.
20190723 090856

20190723 090840

20190724 153705

He's going to attempt to do the wall/finish work.

Then yesterday we went out to Ramona, a 45 minute drive for one of our sons teachers when they went through 2nd grade, otherwise I would have told him we don't service Ramona. He's got a slab leak in his front room so had to break out the jackhammer again, found and repaired the leak.
20190725 110220

Took an hour just to seal off the room.
20190725 115847

20190725 142222

Here it is Friday and I've only scheduled 2 (hopefully easy) jobs for today and don't have to leave for another hour.

I'm physically beat. Back aches like a mofo.

Yeah, be a plumber they said. It will be fun they said. THEY LIED!!!

I gotta admit I really do like helping people and I keep my prices about 50-75% less then the competition. I don't have to advertise and have built up a sizeable clientele. So yeah, I'm a plumber who works way too hard for my 60 years.🤣

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

-Hi there, I just read your diary over the last few days and had a few good chuckles over some of your issues, gophers are a source of comedy to those not affected by them and you have a new strain of weed though with your Gopher Grass so alls not a loss. I envy your weather & location, I spent a good deal of my 20's in central Cal. San Louis Obisbo and surrounding area and I miss those winters now. I've seen some Youtube video's of monster plants grown in 600 gallon tubs standing 18' in the air with hundreds of stalks and buds from guys growing in California. I kept thinking Ya baby if I was still there I'd be doing the same thing but I didn't consider the trials and tribulations associated with an out door grow.

I'm way up north & east of Maine now in a the cold miserable little province of Nova Scotia a few feet from the Atlantic Ocean. I've had a few trys growing out dooors here , starting them in and moving them out when the weather does warm up in June but with fog and then early frost in Sept/October they just don't get to finish. So it's indoor growing only for me and now that we're legal and I don't have to fear the doors being kicked in by jack booted thugs with guns I can share my experiences with like minded folk. Just keep in your mind you no matter how many plants you think you see in my pics I only have 4 (the legal limit) the rest is just trickery & shenanigans.

I'm a 67 yr old ex-hippy / electrician / sm business owner / retired / arthritic / married /mechanically enhanced well traveled great grandfather with 2 replaced hips and a skin cap where hair used to grow. I'll start a grow diary here soon and show my den and grow rooms, I have 3 new Bubba Kush and 1 Cherry Bomb popping through now so I'll post pics soon. There maybe some trickery & misdirection involved if you catch my drift.
I like to make people smile. It's a gift but there are times I fail miserably.

Yeah, I see those 8+ footers. I tried to get a jump on the season and started about a month too early. Next year I'll plant seeds end of March. I usually get 6 footers when popping seeds in April. This year I've got 5 popped first of June so I doubt I'll get them larger than 4'.

This strain has a good strong stretch, avg of 2' even on young plants so we'll see in a few weeks when they start to flower.

This is the first time in many years I've had several different ages of plants growing but really enjoying it.

Welcome to the Farm. Great core group here with new members daily.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Took this pic last night
20190726 202727

Really enjoy watching this girl. She's about 3 1/2 weeks in flower. She's very healthy and still adding a few inches of growth per week. Kinda regret pollinating her as I realized I have to polinate the clones as their mom was my best female. This one was only half the size when the gopher took her sister. Very thankful I took those clones!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Tale of the Tape 7-27

+5
20190727 165839

It's taken almost 5 years of soil amendments but it was worth it.

+6
20190727 165902

1' in two weeks and starting to flower. Should start stretching in the next week or so.

+3
20190727 165433

Don't understand the slower growth with this one. Tomorrow she gets her monthly nutes, hopefully that will get her going again.

12.5"
20190727 172459

The runt joins the party.

+2
20190727 172523

Horse manure plant. Honestly didn't think this one would still be with me but, here it is. With the heat she's getting watered twice a week and has been given a weak fish emulsion. She's greened up a bit but still looks like I have to up the nutes.

+3.5
20190727 165510

+4
20190727 165538

Had a problem with a crusty hardening soil, added a couple inches of composted horse manure and problem solved. Both growing, not as much as I'd like but they'll all get their monthly fertilizer tomorrow.

Picked one pumpkin a few days ago
20190723 173209

Couldn't weigh it as our scale is broken. I figure 7-8lbs, maybe more.

Removing the defuser on an LED isn't as difficult as I imagined.
20190727 114703

Started a cut with a hack saw and finished with a pair of scissors.

My neighbor just showed up
20190727 174657

He wants to get hammered. I'm out.

Happy Growing!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Tale of the Tape 7-27

+5
View attachment 884009
It's taken almost 5 years of soil amendments but it was worth it.

+6
View attachment 884010
1' in two weeks and starting to flower. Should start stretching in the next week or so.

+3
View attachment 884013
Don't understand the slower growth with this one. Tomorrow she gets her monthly nutes, hopefully that will get her going again.

12.5"
View attachment 884015
The runt joins the party.

+2
View attachment 884017
Horse manure plant. Honestly didn't think this one would still be with me but, here it is. With the heat she's getting watered twice a week and has been given a weak fish emulsion. She's greened up a bit but still looks like I have to up the nutes.

+3.5
View attachment 884020

+4
View attachment 884021
Had a problem with a crusty hardening soil, added a couple inches of composted horse manure and problem solved. Both growing, not as much as I'd like but they'll all get their monthly fertilizer tomorrow.

Picked one pumpkin a few days ago
View attachment 884024
Couldn't weigh it as our scale is broken. I figure 7-8lbs, maybe more.

Removing the defuser on an LED isn't as difficult as I imagined.
View attachment 884025
Started a cut with a hack saw and finished with a pair of scissors.

My neighbor just showed up
View attachment 884026
He wants to get hammered. I'm out.

Happy Growing!
I see a big hammer and a big pumpkin in the same post and I'm thinking Gallagher!?
🎃🔨

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

We got hammered
20190727 174657

That's funny. I don't care who ya are.

He made that hammer for me to put the greenhouse together.

We spent the past couple hours discussing Halloween. He's had this idea of running a UFO above his yard. He's got 4 acres. He's nuts, like me. LOVE THAT GUY!

If you've seen my Stan photos
20170525 120335

Stan lives with him and his family. Have I mentioned he's nuts yet?
IMG 0437

Okay, you got it but he's also a genius. Frightening. So we're working on putting small UFO's (aluminum roster pans, 2 connected with lights) hovering above the yard, and one large UFO (about 4' across) that we can move back and forth a couple hundred feet to the street.

We plan on hanging out after dark a few nights for a couple hours moving the UFO every time a car comes down the road.

There's something seeiously wrong with us. 😉

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

We got hammered
View attachment 884052
That's funny. I don't care who ya are.

He made that hammer for me to put the greenhouse together.

We spent the past couple hours discussing Halloween. He's had this idea of running a UFO above his yard. He's got 4 acres. He's nuts, like me. LOVE THAT GUY!

If you've seen my Stan photos
View attachment 884053
Stan lives with him and his family. Have I mentioned he's nuts yet?
View attachment 884054
Okay, you got it but he's also a genius. Frightening. So we're working on putting small UFO's (aluminum roster pans, 2 connected with lights) hovering above the yard, and one large UFO (about 4' across) that we can move back and forth a couple hundred feet to the street.

We plan on hanging out after dark a few nights for a couple hours moving the UFO every time a car comes down the road.

There's something seeiously wrong with us. 😉
You know I'll post pics of this insanity, yes?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

First coco grow

I've mentioned here and there about my up coming coco grow. I want a monthly harvest, get this, outdoors during the fall/winter. Am I nuts? Well, YEAH! Where ya been?

I believe I can produce a monthly harvest of several plants , each and every month in sunny so cal. Call me crazy, many have and they were right but I think it can be done

For the record I've never grown a pot plant in the fall/winter outdoors. Never. I've always treated it as an annual, i.e. plant in spring and harvest in fall. This year I've got buds in July. Go figure.

This fact made me realize I can and should be growing year round. I'm in the land of milk and honey, to coin a phrase and need to take advantage of it.

I have 40 qrts of coco and nutes on the way.
51LKmxx6B4L AC SY400

I feel like a kid in a candy store but remember I was a kid when the wheel was invented. You know, just after 8 tracks.

I'm gonna go get hammered again.

Top Bottom