Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funk junky

Funk junky

I've heard about milk treatment before. Only ever see pm on someone else's plants beforehand.
Have battled botryotis for many years. Bacciculas stops this, I add microbes around 20 different species. Only thing is I don't encounter many problems which I feel makes me feel like Icarus flying too close to the sun lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have a couple issues with septoria leaf and powdery mildew this year on some of my crops. I’m going to try a cover crop: mustard ‘pacific gold’ for next year. It is an organic substitute for methyl bromide which is used to control soil born pests. Also, PM is host specific so the species that infects your wife’s pole beans will likely not infect your cannabis.
Here are some more organic options for PM that I found in one of my old textbooks:
Good luck, & if all else fails I use Bonide Copper Fungicide liquid, it stopped it instantly and it didn't come back. I treated it maybe once a week for three or four more weeks but it never came back

Ps. You could try a baking soda spray on the septoria but I had marginal results with that

Seraphine

Seraphine

Not sure if this would be of interest? Looking for some different Masterblend formulas but there weren't too many, I found this on the Amazon site in a review this would be close to what I would do for the end of flower or the last 3 weeks maybe
View attachment 885543

..often the last few weeks I only feed Jack's Bloom booster anyway cuz I like a fade at the end
I’ve been thinking a lot about this. I’ll increase my epsom salt to a heaping 1/4 teaspoon instead of a level 1/4 teaspoon. I’m going to buy some water soluble raw phosphorus. There are a few others I am interested in but I like this one the best so far. The 2oz bag makes 200gallons. 1/8 teaspoon per gallon in the last half of flower. It’s 9-61-0

7791A67B F989 4437 8396 580473C73DC9
Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’ve been thinking a lot about this. I’ll increase my epsom salt to a heaping 1/4 teaspoon instead of a level 1/4 teaspoon. I’m going to buy some water soluble raw phosphorus. There are a few others I am interested in but I like this one the best so far. The 2oz bag makes 200gallons. 1/8 teaspoon per gallon in the last half of flower.
I suppose you could do that, but I like the blend, I'm not saying that article is correct it's just was one of the few I found so I thought I'd share it. If I'm honest I like my Jack's Blossom Booster 10-30-20 towards the end anyway so I'm not likely to stop using that

B

Burned Haze

Copper (regalia can be mixed with it to make it a super prevent if you got the xtra buck and then the plant has a natural immunity to fight the issues like aspirin ) and ( only used on my veggies since I never had septoria on cannabis in years )bonide fung-onil I would suggest for septoria

Seraphine

Seraphine

I suppose you could do that, but I like the blend, I'm not saying that article is correct it's just was one of the few I found so I thought I'd share it. If I'm honest I like my Jack's Blossom Booster 10-30-20 towards the end anyway so I'm not likely to stop using that
Maybe we could start post in a forum so we are not hijacking @PlumberSoCal grow journal. Unless he doesn’t mind...

I saw jack’s blossom booster too. I’ve been thinking about adding a blossom booster for a while. Just trying to find the right product with very little to no N. The raw phosphorus actually has too much N than what I was looking for. The other two I’ve been eyeing for a while are these:

1B2F980B 0704 482F 8C1D 3246E58A14B0
CD7BE7AE 66A1 40B6 B04C 19B53EDF5BA6
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Maybe we could start post in a forum so we are not hijacking @PlumberSoCal grow journal. Unless he doesn’t mind...

I saw jack’s blossom booster too. I’ve been thinking about adding a blossom booster for a while. Just trying to find the right product with very little to no N. The raw phosphorus actually has too much N than what I was looking for. The other two I’ve been eyeing for a while are these:
I like jacks for value and quality, of other products I like this ratio, of those two I like the flower fuel
Screenshot 20190804 170823 Chrome

Ps. I think you're right about Plumbers thread, maybe we should start a Master Blend thread?

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ve decided on this. Mono potassium phosphate 0-52-34. Haven’t bought it but will buy the 2 pound bag soon. I currently use this brand’s yellow sulfur as a terpene enhancer and I am happy with their product. I will likely add 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, check the ppm and increase or decrease if needed.

D6BD6CBC 8115 4C21 88B1 800510F1178D
Seraphine

Seraphine

FYI-be careful with these amazon screenshots. If you’re logged into your amazon account, sometimes your first name, city and zip code will be there 😳
Almost happened to me but I caught it in time.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I’ve decided on this. Mono potassium phosphate 0-52-34. Haven’t bought it but will buy the 2 pound bag soon. I currently use this brand’s yellow sulfur as a terpene enhancer and I am happy with their product. I will likely add 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, check the ppm and increase or decrease if needed.
I'm gonna do this first grow with Masterblend to get my feet wet then I can take a look at the others. I have no experience to base any changes or needs yet. Your Masterblend grow was nice.👍

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Went to pollinate the best clone from my best plant and almost walked into a trap.
20190805 232517

I had to go around the other side. I believe we'd all be amazed at just how many bad bugs our spiders eat. I have no issues with my guard spiders.

I tossed a bid more pollen on this girl
20190806 000321

She's turned out okay but 4 months in the ground normally produces a larger plant but she is frosty, so there's that.
20190806 000310

4 1/2 weeks in flower. I still have to wonder how big her sister would have been today. Frickin' gophers.

Soothing my soul with a little Willie's Reserve Sour Diesel.
20190806 001556

At $30 an eight a bit pricy for my blood but it sure does the trick.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Went to pollinate the best clone from my best plant and almost walked into a trap.
View attachment 886097
I had to go around the other side. I believe we'd all be amazed at just how many bad bugs our spiders eat. I have no issues with my guard spiders.

I tossed a bid more pollen on this girl
View attachment 886098
She's turned out okay but 4 months in the ground normally produces a larger plant but she is frosty, so there's that.
View attachment 886099
4 1/2 weeks in flower. I still have to wonder how big her sister would have been today. Frickin' gophers.

Soothing my soul with a little Willie's Reserve Sour Diesel.
View attachment 886101
At $30 an eight a bit pricy for my blood but it sure does the trick.
They look amazing man and that’s a nice jar we get nasty plastic ones and I can’t help feel bad for
The environment 😂

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

So this or Jacks would be used the last 5-6 weeks with a last week of just water, yes? Mine are 11-12 weeks to finish and need that nitrogen (blood meal) or they fade. I only give it once a month and only once after they begin flowering. I also give them a monthly Espoma bio-tome 3-4-4 that I continue until the last several weeks. Again, only monthly. My soil has become much healther these past several years and I don't need to add too much, just try and replenish what they use.

Of course that's in the dirt and coco is inert. Interesting. Thinking of running hydro in buckets come summer. Some donut shops sell used buckets, food grade for a buck or two each. I got a cute 8 gallon aquarium from a client a few days ago with a built in filter and water pump, ordered a little pump on Amazon for a toilet water fountain and a drip system from Lowe's months ago. Wal-Mart has 100 2" baskets for $12 (currently out of stock) but I have time and don't just jump into something, If you haven't noticed.

The 99 Cent store had more coir, 8qts $1.99 so I bought 20 bags. Should last me a few months🤣

I've been kicking the idea around for a few months, planned out the grows after several discussions and my experience this year with bud in frickin July.

What I need to do is stop parking my butt in my chair and taking 3-4 bong tokes and instead finish that greenhouse. Getting old and many aches and pains makes me wanna numb it but then I don't get much done. 18 days to go, Aug 23 seeds need to be planted for a Sept 1st pop date. Hottest part of the year. Gotta get it done!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

They look amazing man and that’s a nice jar we get nasty plastic ones and I can’t help feel bad for
The environment 😂
I misspoke, she's over 5 months in the ground. She should be 6-7'. She was not one of the best or fastest growers and weather was an issue all spring but she's what I got.

For $30 an 8th it better be a real nice jar. One thing I really like are the labels. All tested for THC and CBD as well as pest and herbicides. That alone is worth the price. I'd hate to think of all the crap I've smoked through the years.
20190806 021603

Pretty cool.

Seraphine

Seraphine

So this or Jacks would be used the last 5-6 weeks with a last week of just water, yes? Mine are 11-12 weeks to finish and need that nitrogen (blood meal) or they fade. I only give it once a month and only once after they begin flowering. I also give them a monthly Espoma bio-tome 3-4-4 that I continue until the last several weeks. Again, only monthly. My soil has become much healther these past several years and I don't need to add too much, just try and replenish what they use.

Of course that's in the dirt and coco is inert. Interesting. Thinking of running hydro in buckets come summer. Some donut shops sell used buckets, food grade for a buck or two each. I got a cute 8 gallon aquarium from a client a few days ago with a built in filter and water pump, ordered a little pump on Amazon for a toilet water fountain and a drip system from Lowe's months ago. Wal-Mart has 100 2" baskets for $12 (currently out of stock) but I have time and don't just jump into something, If you haven't noticed.

The 99 Cent store had more coir, 8qts $1.99 so I bought 20 bags. Should last me a few months🤣

I've been kicking the idea around for a few months, planned out the grows after several discussions and my experience this year with bud in frickin July.

What I need to do is stop parking my butt in my chair and taking 3-4 bong tokes and instead finish that greenhouse. Getting old and many aches and pains makes me wanna numb it but then I don't get much done. 18 days to go, Aug 23 seeds need to be planted for a Sept 1st pop date. Hottest part of the year. Gotta get it done!

My plan is to feed the mono potassium phosphate once a week until they hit the last half of flower and increase to daily feeding.

Bleach that second hand hydro equipment. Or if bleach isn’t your thing, find something else to sanitize it.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm gonna do this first grow with Masterblend to get my feet wet then I can take a look at the others. I have no experience to base any changes or needs yet. Your Masterblend grow was nice.👍
Same here I'm getting around 700 - 750 I'm cutting it one pot mix to 3 Parts water for around 3:35 - 3:50 for my small plants the only changes I make is maybe the last couple weeks either add or just use the Jack's Bloom booster, although I did like that
My plan is to feed the mono potassium phosphate once a week until they hit the last half of flower and increase to daily feeding.

Bleach that second hand hydro equipment. Or if bleach isn’t your thing, find something else to sanitize it.
I hope you consider another journal !? it would be fun to watch this grow with the new newts!

I'm considering just that with the change to master blend myself, I'll probably do it with some black d.o.g. or possibly Indian Bubblegum, both are on deck but not sure what my next run is yet

For the first run I'm sure I'll run it as directed though, and not even add bloom booster just to see the results. I'm currently using it at 25% (c. 335-350ppm) and full strength (700-750ppm), I think there was one application so far at full strength, all good so far

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

Same here I'm getting around 700 - 750 I'm cutting it one pot mix to 3 Parts water for around 3:35 - 3:50 for my small plants the only changes I make is maybe the last couple weeks either add or just use the Jack's Bloom booster, although I did like that
I hope you consider another journal !? it would be fun to watch this grow with the new newts!

I'm considering just that with the change to master blend myself, I'll probably do it with some black d.o.g. or possibly Indian Bubblegum, both are on deck but not sure what my next run is yet

For the first run I'm sure I'll run it as directed though, and not even add bloom booster just to see the results. I'm currently using it at 25% (c. 335-350ppm) and full strength (750-800ppm), I think there was one application so far at full strength, all good so far

I’ll start another grow journal for when I add the blossom booster with the masterblend formula. I need to order more dinafem strawberry amnesia for that run. Really awesome genetics right there. Awesome plant structure, sativa dominant, 22%thc, very low leaf to bud ratio, and tons fat buds.

I wish I could grow outside. I’d grow some monster plants😉

I am already planning my future outdoor grow once I am able to. I’ll definitely go organic using azomite, humate, and kelp to ammend the soil in a hoop house since I like to grow sativas and my climate first frost date comes too early.

Latest posts

Top Bottom