Plummeting PH after Hygrozyme application...?

• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LBH

LBH

Title says it all. Any time I add 1/2 a cap of hygrozyme to a res (each res has 4 buckets using it) my ph drops like a rock for 2-3 days. Continuous PH up can't be good, any input?

-doesnt matter if I add it alone during an add back or along with a feeding. Happens EVERY time though.

-I use the Fox Farms liquid line and sometimes I supplement with the beastie bloomz and cha ching.

cal mag, superthrive usually in there too but not always, only when the plants had been calling for it.

B

Buddy Flowers

need more info. what are size of rezzies, what is exact initial pH reading and reading after Hygrozyme application

LBH

LBH

5 gal res w/ 3.5 gallon buckets. Recirculating, and with mucho air

Like now, I just did an add back plus hygrozyme, everything is balanced to 5.9

By tomorrow morning, that could be as low as 4.3-4.6 ish

Will do a ph+ back to 5.8-5.9 same thing by next morning.

"Might" stabilize by third day

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Why not stop using hygrozyme? Have you has success with it in the past?

if your stuck on using hygrozyme, maybe add some silica to raise ph and prevent using so much ph up.

in my experience, hygrozyme can cause problems in a ezclone same with waterfarms. probably a risky product to use with high do setup.
Not sure if this is why, but I do not see the same issues with hygrozyme when it is not airated.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
do you add other nutes with hygrozyme or are you saying your rez is all set all you do is add hygrozyme and it drops? check you ppm's if they are rising its not the hygrozyme doing it.

E

Element4NorCal

Unless you are dead set on all organic hydroponic set up ditch the hygrozyme!!!

Hygrozyme is supossed to break down all organic matter and build up in your tubing & drip tips or around inside reservoir converting it to usable plant nutrition.

Or you could feed your plants high quality nutrients & use a good flushing product like house & garden drip clean to keep your pipes & tips clean.

Use a water treatment solution like hydroguard from botanicare to keep water free of algea and make sure to change & clean your reservoir frequently

How old are your plants? What stage of growth are you in?

J- Frost aka Reason

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Have you tried using less hygrozyme per application?

Say 1/4 cap full instead of 1/2 ..........

I know the bottle says to add 8-10ml per gallon but I've read of others using 4ml per and having great success.

Good luck with the rest of your grow
H8

LBH

LBH

Or you could feed your plants high quality nutrients & use a good flushing product like house & garden drip clean to keep your pipes & tips clean.

Yea, with a few years of great results with Fox Farms, I'd like to stick with it so if this just doesn't fit, oh well. I will definitely be looking into the drip clean, I've been using alchohol and warm water and always figured there must e a better product out there. This is the second ytime I've heard this stuff mentioned. Thx

Use a water treatment solution like hydroguard from botanicare to keep water free of algea and make sure to change & clean your reservoir frequently

Algea hasn't been an issue in here yet luckily :) As for water changes, I do as few as possible. I like the idea of keeping all that microbial life in there, so far, it hasn't bit me in the ass but I understand that's a chance I'm taking.

Pineapple Chunk 18 days since flower (not switch, flower ;) )

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
are u just now using R/O or soemthing? im just trying to find out what is differnt if anything besides the hygrozyme. ur water getting cloudy or anything? like was suggested try adding less. or dont add any and see what ur ph and ppms are. after a day or 2.

edit: the above quote is not from me in your post

LBH

LBH

Sorry twist, I just clusterfucked that whole post, wiped out my reply to you,lol.

It began when I intro'd HGZ to the game plan so I waited a few weeks and tried it again solo with an add back, same thing.

That's why I threw this up, I've done the troubleshooting and backtracking, wondering if I'm missing something or if this were common in recirc systems.

Leadsled, Buckets very well aerated. 2x beer can size stones in each 3.5 g bucket

D

darthvapor420

a healthy system the ppm and ph should be more or less stable.
if ppm drop an ph raises you need more food.
if ppms raise and ph drops you need less food
if both stay stable you are doing it right.
if ph drops rapidly and ppms drop you probably have root rot.

D

darthvapor420

so i do not think it has anything to do with the hygrozome maybe just maybe they are being over fed just a though

D

darthvapor420

Unless you are dead set on all organic hydroponic set up ditch the hygrozyme!!!

Hygrozyme is supossed to break down all organic matter and build up in your tubing & drip tips or around inside reservoir converting it to usable plant nutrition.

J- Frost aka Reason

so basically what your trying to say is that it will help keep all my hoses clean??? as well as provide the benefits it already has

LBH

LBH

Talking about adding to an otherwise stable system. I think I may have just been using too much, too soon.

D

darthvapor420

Talking about adding to an otherwise stable system. I think I may have just been using too much, too soon.
the most important part is that you learn from the mistake then it wasnt a mistake at all

Top Bottom