Plz help

• Thread starter Tdogletsgrowsumgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tdogletsgrowsumgreen

Tdogletsgrowsumgreen

Sorry I know this is introduce yourself but I’m new here not sure much about where to post. But anyways..Hey guys. First of all I wanna say I don’t know if these are problems to worry about me not. So in my second week and everything was going great until a few days ago. Variables I know of are the bloom side of my light burnt out completely so I’m running half of what I was for the starting week but I don’t think that would cause harm being a lack of light but I also was going to say my light is about 3 feet away so I don’t know if it could be burn either?

Plz help
Plz help 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think you need to stop watering those seedlings.

It's too early for you to be seeing nutrient deficiencies and your soil looks wet. Overwatering is probably the most common problem that comes up with seedlings.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I would say over watering too. Your soil looks more like ...mud. Sounds crazy but those little roots need to breath, and if they stay wet they drown. I let my pots get bone dry before I water again. Don't just water on a schedule. Let the plant tell you when its time. After getting a few grows under your belt you will be able to tell right when they start to get thirsty. That's the best time to feed and water.

Here's an example... See how porous my soil is? See how dry before I water? See how the soil literally sucks up the water? That's what you want. I give a little seedling like that around 250 ml of plain ole water. That's it. Then she dries out almost completely! Moist then dry then moist. Never wet. (Sorry about the shaky video.) Hope this helps!

Cracken

Cracken

Fully agree with ReeferRon, and never add anything to the water until you see the little petals on the bottom start to turn yellow and fall off, that is a nutrient source for the seedling until the roots have formed and are able to uptake. dont worry almost every beginner over waters in fear of being too dry. I always use the pot lift method. when I am not sure if it water time I lift the pot and go by the weight. you are using clay so its heavier but clay will also hold a little water that it releases as the soil dries. when you go to a bigger pot size try to add perlite in at a 30% ratio to allow more air space for your roots. the softer the soil the easier it is for the roots to push thru the soil. over watering will compact the soil making the plant work harder to push the roots thru the soil.

Top Bottom