PM 4 weeks in. What's my best bet?

• Thread starter KGBudman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KGBudman

I have read and read and read and....I'm just beside myself. Not sure if I should try to salvage them or not.Reason being I have 2 rooms inside a shop. The rest of the shop stores all my shit and is my harvest area. I could clean my other room and set off fungaflor bombs in that room and the shop area but, it's in this room at 4 weeks in and if I can't beat it, I will most likely reinfect the shop area at harvest(if not before then). May just never be able to break the cycle. I don't know cause I have never seen this shit til now. Not sure if it was the gifted Afgoo or the bag of FF OF I put it in. Had it a week or 2 then transplanted it and about a week or so later it showed up. within a few days the Afgoo was pretty spotty. I got rid of it but not before she infected my Permafrost.:(

K

KGBudman

I hate to chop my Permas at this point. Especially since I've been getting anywhere from 8-13 zips off them. If a teardown is in order though, I guess now is as good a time as any. I mean hell, I don't wanna end up with PM buds and infect the next round too. Sacrifice 8 now for the better future, fuck the fight and kill everything or try to fight it? Ran some JMS stylet oil with my ultrasonic fogger last night but, even though the room was TOTAL fog I can tell some stuff just did not get coverage.Just the closest. Kinda wondering if temps were the problem there. Was thinking maybe if I set my AC to 65 degrees for an hour or 2 to get everything cool and then fog the room. as the fog builds, turn on a heater to hopefully warm the air enough to condense on the colder plants. Any thoughts?

K

KGBudman

Guess I should say, nothing is coated but, a few leaves on every plant with a spot on it.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

so where have you read and read and read that PM is the end all to your garden???

chill, its no big deal.

stop trying to blame the strains. what are you hi/lo temps and reg temps, and hi/lo RH?

that says 99% i bet.

why you going straight for foggers? have you tried even the most simple things first?? (ie baking soda foliar etc)

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Pm wash from npk industries good til day of harvest

Sierra natural sciences 244. Good until 3-4 weeks before chop

Safer gro mildew cure. 3-4 weeks before harvest

Ealge 20. Veg only

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
DO NOT BURN SULFUR AFTER APPLYING OILS!!!!

PM is a systemic. You can try the foliar pack that I have as an organic solution. It has a couple of strains that attack the PM from the inside and on the surface.

You can also use eagle20 early in veg to put the nail in the coffin. Just make sure to read the label and apply with full face respirator, long sleeves, shoes, socks, etc... also pay attention to the re entry time.

Sorry man, I lost 2 crops to PM a couple years ago. My guess is you brought it in with that cut. Better to grow seeds from here on out if you can.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Stylet Oil mang!!!! Why isnt anyone using this stuff???????100% organic Food grade White mineral oil. Kills pm for 10 days. Safe to use 5 days before harvest. Id give it 7-10 days before harvey tho. Say good bye to sullfer burners systemic fungicides and burned pistols.... JMS stylet oil for the win.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Walt, I use it, not only for pest (spider mites) and disease control but as an adjuvant to my tank sprays (I need to get a smaller tank sprayer, 26gals is too much for my tractor+trailer on these slopes, so I can only really half-fill it).

A 10% milk solution has been shown to work just about as well as any chemical treatment, too, so IMO a combo of milk+JMS Stylet would work well, but I would also use a 'rinse' foliar, probably using isopropyl alcohol because it evaporates much more quickly than water.

If the plants are small, you can dip them, literally. If not, then you need to get yourself a good spraying wand and get REALLY FUCKING DILIGENT about getting ALL up in their shit and spray every surface you can possibly can.

Also, don't forget to treat the area surrounding for spores. Alcohol or Physan 20 would be what I would use here.

Oxidate is another organic solution, but in its fresh and unmixed state it is CAUSTIC stuff, so great care must be taken. I do use the ag version, not the OTC version, so my warning may be too specific, but in that case I use a Tyvek suit, a respirator, chemical-resistant gloves & goggles, and booties covering my most shit pair of sneakers. This stuff bleaches and can burn your lungs if you breath it in. It must be used with great care outdoors, because of drift. Inside, that's not the problem, but if you keep that respirator and those goggles on you'll be ok. Again, this is for the ag version of Oxidate. I haven't used the OTC/home gardener version.

K

KGBudman

so where have you read and read and read that PM is the end all to your garden???

chill, its no big deal.

stop trying to blame the strains. what are you hi/lo temps and reg temps, and hi/lo RH?
So...I wasn't blaming the strain, just that specific plant or bag of soil(as stated above). That IS where it originated. It was not a cut but a 3 ft ish plant,very full.
Temps are around 80*day,68-72 night. RH low39% high59%. Dehuey set at 50%. Because of the PM I set it that low. I will often times run a HUMIDIFIER during veg and even in the first 2-4 weeks of flower(daytime,dehuey at night). NEVER seen mold in my rooms. I keep em clean and love, love, love bleach. AC dries the air too much. After reading up on VPD, I bought a humidifier to keep the girls happy(year ago). It does just that.

that says 99% i bet.

why you going straight for foggers? have you tried even the most simple things first?? (ie baking soda foliar etc)
Again, as stated, MY ULTRASONIC FOGGER. not a can of chemicals "fogger". Went with the fogger because I SHOULD get 100% coverage with it, IF I do it right. It is a pond mist maker and works with about anything you wanna mix up and throw it in. Check this out, JMS stylet oil mixed in a 3 gallon bucket. Throw the mist maker in it and it atomizes it.

Fog
K

KGBudman

This room was not run with the humidifier. I was waiting for new filters to arrive.

K

KGBudman

After not being happy with the coverage with the fogger, I went back in last night and sprayed with JMS stylet oil. Waiting for sunup to see the results.

K

KGBudman

Walt, I use it, not only for pest (spider mites) and disease control but as an adjuvant to my tank sprays (I need to get a smaller tank sprayer, 26gals is too much for my tractor+trailer on these slopes, so I can only really half-fill it).

A 10% milk solution has been shown to work just about as well as any chemical treatment, too, so IMO a combo of milk+JMS Stylet would work well, but I would also use a 'rinse' foliar, probably using isopropyl alcohol because it evaporates much more quickly than water.
So you mean rinse the JMS off using alcohol rather than leave it on the plant? I thought that was where the protection came from? How much would you dilute the alc.?
If the plants are small, you can dip them, literally. If not, then you need to get yourself a good spraying wand and get REALLY FUCKING DILIGENT about getting ALL up in their shit and spray every surface you can possibly can.
I'd have a tough time getting these girls out of the room cause of there size but did the spray thing(RFD) last night.

Also, don't forget to treat the area surrounding for spores. Alcohol or Physan 20 would be what I would use here.

Yes, it is sooo f'ing hard when the room is full. It is a bitch even empty cause I have 12' ceilings and a couple wooden structures the length of the room that drop down 3' for hanging my lights etc.
Thanks Sea, not the first time you've been there for me. :)

Oxidate is another organic solution, but in its fresh and unmixed state it is CAUSTIC stuff, so great care must be taken. I do use the ag version, not the OTC version, so my warning may be too specific, but in that case I use a Tyvek suit, a respirator, chemical-resistant gloves & goggles, and booties covering my most shit pair of sneakers. This stuff bleaches and can burn your lungs if you breath it in. It must be used with great care outdoors, because of drift. Inside, that's not the problem, but if you keep that respirator and those goggles on you'll be ok. Again, this is for the ag version of Oxidate. I haven't used the OTC/home gardener version.

K

KGBudman

Pm wash from npk industries good til day of harvest
I dig their mighty wash but the PM wash...not so much. Not nearly as effective on PM as the MW on mites. May use it as I approach harvest though cause I don't wanna f up the product. I WILL have it tested post harvest as well, because a $50 test is a no brainer when it comes to our health.
Sierra natural sciences 244. Good until 3-4 weeks before chop

Safer gro mildew cure. 3-4 weeks before harvest

Ealge 20. Veg only

K

KGBudman

Safer Gro Sulphur 12%..I like better than the burner and can go to week three before harvest
Thanks TK. I'm gonna pick some up just to throw in the mix. Any idea if the spray is incompatible with the stylet oil as burning sulfer is?

K

KGBudman

DO NOT BURN SULFUR AFTER APPLYING OILS!!!!

PM is a systemic. You can try the foliar pack that I have as an organic solution. It has a couple of strains that attack the PM from the inside and on the surface.

So is it your foliar that I would use as a root drench then or do you mean to use as a foliar to kill from the inside? If foliar, how long would I wait after the stylet I sprayed last night? Or should I stick with the JMS and root drench with one of your packs? I'm running sunshine with extra perlite in 15 gal pots fed with Botanicare PBP. I would need enough to drench 8 of these.
You can also use eagle20 early in veg to put the nail in the coffin. Just make sure to read the label and apply with full face respirator, long sleeves, shoes, socks, etc... also pay attention to the re entry time.
I hit my cuts with it. I will hit them again when they return to the room prior to flower. THANK YOU!!
Sorry man, I lost 2 crops to PM a couple years ago. My guess is you brought it in with that cut. Better to grow seeds from here on out if you can.
^^^because I DO NOT wanna lose either of the strains I have(Permafrost, Jillybean). Both have been great yielders. ESPECIALLY the JB. Just knocked one down at 20 zips 2 weeks ago. :cool: Eagle should take care of it right?

Permafrost
P

paulycali

Spray them with a Sulphur based fungicide then spray them with Serenade a few days later. Both are organic and work well with pm in late flowering. The sulphur spray will leave a white residue where pm is found. You'll be surprised how well it spots early stages of pm. I use the serenade spray after so i can clean the sulphur spray off. This allows me to see if the pm is in check after spraying both the sulphur and serenade sprays. SAFER Brand makes the sulphur spray and Serenade is called Serenade Garden Disease Control Spray. Both are fungicides. Good luck with your pm. No fun at all. You gotta be on it immediately or your basically fucked. Hope you already started spraying or have finished for your sake. Pm gets out of control quick

Top Bottom