PM control during drying!!!!

• Thread starter greenbdman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenbdman

Ok heres the situation, On day 58 of a 62 day flowering cycle I noticed a small bit of PM spores on a couple lower limbs. I decided to chop the crop whille the pm was only showing in a few lil spots.
While chopping the crop down I payed real close attention so I could spot and remove any buds with pm forming on the leafs. I found about 4 leafs with pm dust(about half a dime size spot) on a total of 6 plants. I found a few buds that were attached to the leafs that i had found pm allso had a lill pm forming on them, so i clipped off the entire bud and discarded them with the leaf material.

I trimmed all the buds real close leaving no leaf material. I understand that PM can still take hold and spread as the nugs are drying. I also understand that wind spreads the spores around so I turned all my fans off and now only the scrubber/exhuast is on. So heres my question: My temps were at 75 F/ 50% rh, i flipped my a/c on to bring the temp down to 69 F/ 40% humidity. I figure the lower the humidity the harder it's gonna be for PM to spread, but I'm also worried that with no airmovement in the drying process might cause other molds. So whats the best option for me in your opinion?

I've talked with a few people that have battled pm before and they tell me since it wasn't an abundant amount of pm and just a little bit that i found, I chopped everything away, trimmed the buds real close etc. that I shouldn't worry about it and it'll be fine, but they also reccomended no fans just incase. I may be worrying about nothing but i've never dealt with this before and i can't find any info on the net reguarding controlling the spread of pm during the dry cycle.

M

MIway

lowering the temps isn't such a good idea, as pm likes the ranges you mentioned... 69-75.

bump the temps to 80 to reduce the spread, but after a few days of drying, doubtful anything is still germinating & spreading.

basically, what is... is.

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

i have lightly sprayed down my drying plants with dechlorinated water and 3%h2o2, a 1 to 4 ratio, in that order. i use tap water because of its high PH. i put an air stone in a bucket with about 1 gallon of tap water and bubble for an hour or so. then ad the water to a spray bottle with some h2o2, and spray the problem areas. hope that helps

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
green cure (potassium bicarbonate) for the win

get a fungalor bomb for your grow area and a bottle of physan 20

before you do anything set off the fogger in your grow area - wait a few hours then start to dismantle everything in the room - then everything needs to be disinfected with the physan

get all new circulation fans, power strips and a new carbon filter - clean every inch of every surface

think about how and why you got pm - high (or even very low) humidity, poor ventilation, not enough circulation, letting buddies in the grow, plants from outside places not quarantined etc and fix that

Top Bottom