PM infested smoke

• Thread starter HannaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have had PM in the past and got rid of it myself. I learned a trick from CAPO use silica when feeding your plants, helps in many ways. Smoking that shit is for the young

mal

silica is not a cure for PM, thats a very misleading statement and by my account its not really a good preventative. My grape stomper cuts were getting fed protek silica as the manufacturer recommends and my room still got infested.

and I think thats fucked whoever neg banged DrGreenGenes

D

DIYSTupid

I wanted to ask this same question. First, what EXACTLY does your mold look like? On mine, I see a few white dots under the microscope that look very similar to the thc glands, except they're clearly white dots with a tiny stem that you can't see, so it looks like a few white dots here and there floating. Is that what yours looks like?

I been smoking mine too unknowingly and have been feeling unusually strong anxiety.

But like you, I too have personal life issues too so not sure what's the blame.

I am convinced it is not 'weed' in general but rather this mold.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I have a paper on this site about Powdery Mildew. I always say, "don't get it in the first place." Then I say, "get rid of it as quickly as possible."
Powdery mildew is usually restricted to the leaves of cannabis. There are two different fungi that cause Powdery Mildew:
1. Sphaerotheca macularis
2. Leveillula taurica
Both produce lots and lots of conidia, and spread by the slightest breeze to sites of secondary infection. Losses increase as plants mature.
Symptoms: Early-raised bumps or blisters on upper leaf surfaces. From these areas the powdery mycelium arise. Mildew can remain isolated in irregular pustules or develop all over the entire leaf. Leaves soon look like they were dusted with flour. Infected plants remain alive, or they prematurely yellow, brown and die. If the disease runs its course, black specks (fungal cleistothecia) appear in the powdery mycelium.
You need magnification of at least 80x power (100x would be better). Conidia and cleistothecia and L. taurica conidiophores emerge through stomates of the leaf.
Powdery Mildew affects the leaves not the buds.
If you have any fears, put your bud (s) in your oven for five minutes at 302 degrees F. This will kill: fungus, mold, microorganisms, spores.
My best recommendation is that you not have mold or mildew or any fungal disease in the first place..........................
I read this on another site..hope this help....

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I've seen my friend take a bucket of water/h2o2 solution and dunk his buds like stated above with the green cure. It seemed to work great, you could see a thick film of pm floating on top of the water afterwards.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

^^ that's what jorge Cervantes said too. I got a bit of pm right now and like said in the other post the pm affects the leaves so I worry more about the trim than the buds never seen it on my buds.... but the spores are the problem but they also only grow when conditions are right. wet and damp for extended periods of time that's the only way I ever get it high humidity for too long. spores are everywhere already just dont want to expose yourself to a face full of them cause the chance the are gonna take is higher. but if anyone with bad immune sys then I would be very picky and wash buds.

L.Burna

L.Burna

Buds with powdery mildew definitely taste bad and leave your throat very dry and scratchy!! Powdery mildew is the worst thing I have ever had to deal with... Every other problem was easily taken care of. No spray will kill it!! You spray your plants down with nasty ass stuff and the powdery mildew comes back in a week or two!! Best thing for me was just spraying them with water high in ph, lower rh, and fans!! Lots and lots of fans!! Got powdery mildew within the last year, 6 weeks in flower today and no PM. Go with more of a sativa strain to increase light and air flow!

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Jorge Cervantes has been growing weed for many moons. I am going to go with him on this. I used the hydrogen peroxide spray and the 2 plants that showed sign of mold are fine this morning. I sprayed them down again and I am going to continue my flower. I am in my 4th week. Oh and in response to you can't kill it oh yes you can as it is a common mold and its every where. I am going to do the wash when I harvest and the weed will smoke just fine. Now I am just growing my own meds but I am gonna smoke this shit because the only reason that there are complaints about the so called bad smoke from a grower, its like a psychological thing. I am sure that some on here like myself have bought street weed that has had God knows what...Forget about it...I am smoking my shit.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I harvested one of the buds from an infected plant last night. I dipped the bud in the peroxide solution. let it dry over night on my heater vent. I rolled it in with a little good weed and smoked the shit. VOLA!!! Not a problem and I have asthma...HELLO!!! now I don't think I got high from the bud, it was the weed I mixed with it but it did not effect my breathing. Addressing the question of whether it has some emotional or Physiological effect of course it does all drugs do . THEY AMPLIFY WHATS ALREADY GOING ON IN YOUR DOME!!! So don't try and blame the weed for being crazy as fuck in the 1st place. I am a nut and I am proud of it ask my neighbors...LOL

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Dried a whole bud in oven and smoked it... HELL NO ia msaving this shit its good at 4 weeks I am fucked up...lol

L.Burna

L.Burna

Jorge Cervantes has been growing weed for many moons. I am going to go with him on this. I used the hydrogen peroxide spray and the 2 plants that showed sign of mold are fine this morning. I sprayed them down again and I am going to continue my flower. I am in my 4th week. Oh and in response to you can't kill it oh yes you can as it is a common mold and its every where. I am going to do the wash when I harvest and the weed will smoke just fine. Now I am just growing my own meds but I am gonna smoke this shit because the only reason that there are complaints about the so called bad smoke from a grower, its like a psychological thing. I am sure that some on here like myself have bought street weed that has had God knows what...Forget about it...I am smoking my shit.

You can kill it on walls and floors but Your plants are infected... Once they have it they will always have it. You can clean and disinfect all you want but if your room isn't in perfect conditions it will be back!! Like Arnold.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
You can get it out of your mothers with one dose of eagle 20.
You can also spray your cuts when they are small.
Haven't had pm for years, but I dont take in other peoples cuts either.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've done the H2O2 thing, before I ever saw Jorge's video on it. Works great.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I am growing in a tent and I have used bleach in the tent and cleaned it put my 3 plants back into the tent and I am finishing this grow. I will however take the tent down and dunk it in a bath of Borax and go on from there. I have paid attention to humidity and I think that as long as my tent was at 36 to 40 there was no problem. Now given that all of the varying accounts online say that it's every where and that it can exists in dry or wet temp then by GOD there must be something you can feed that will kill this shit. EVERYTHING CAN BE KILLED and I am going to keep searching till I find out how to prevent future infestations..I have read that the bud is not effected by the mold but it can weaken the plant enough for bud rot to set in. There is also the debate of whether it effects the buds and on and on and on. I also noticed that those growers that have those 95 degree plus temps don't have this shit. So I plan to let my tent drift in the high temp range during flower and make the room as dry as a bone yard. I am only going to water once a week and very sparingly and slowly let the plants meet their end . I read that limiting the nitrogen uptake and raising the ph might halt the infection long enough for me to harvest my crop. Oh hell yes I am. I am going to use some 91 Alcohol and make hash out of this shit but only BUD ROT will make me shit can my weed. Fuck powdery mold and mother nature that heartless cunt..LoL;)

L.Burna

L.Burna

I am growing in a tent and I have used bleach in the tent and cleaned it put my 3 plants back into the tent and I am finishing this grow. I will however take the tent down and dunk it in a bath of Borax and go on from there. I have paid attention to humidity and I think that as long as my tent was at 36 to 40 there was no problem. Now given that all of the varying accounts online say that it's every where and that it can exists in dry or wet temp then by GOD there must be something you can feed that will kill this shit. EVERYTHING CAN BE KILLED and I am going to keep searching till I find out how to prevent future infestations..I have read that the bud is not effected by the mold but it can weaken the plant enough for bud rot to set in. There is also the debate of whether it effects the buds and on and on and on. I also noticed that those growers that have those 95 degree plus temps don't have this shit. So I plan to let my tent drift in the high temp range during flower and make the room as dry as a bone yard. I am only going to water once a week and very sparingly and slowly let the plants meet their end . I read that limiting the nitrogen uptake and raising the ph might halt the infection long enough for me to harvest my crop. Oh hell yes I am. I am going to use some 91 Alcohol and make hash out of this shit but only BUD ROT will make me shit can my weed. Fuck powdery mold and mother nature that heartless cunt..LoL;)

From what I have read powdery mildew is an infectious disease... No way to kill it, but we can prevent it from reoccurring... Create some negative pressure in that tent by exhausting more and you should be good.. The addition of fans will be a great help. Seamaiden has said that this PM shit can even occur in humidity levels as low as 30 percent.. And I've seen it!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That may work indoors, but out...? Not so much! The real key to preventing PM from fruiting, in my opinion, is to shoot for optimum health in your plants. How to get there is a complicated discussion.

The problem with E20 are the other ingredients, and the fact, not fancy, that it causes resistance specifically because it is a single site mode of action fungicide. PM can and has evolved around the myclobutanil, ask some apple farmers if you're unsure. I've done a thread on it that I think still exists here.

I'm still working to find anything that discusses disease or other negative effects from smoking anything with powdery mildew on it. I cannot. My stance at this point is that the 'cure' very well may, in many instances, be far worse than the disease. If anyone has any papers discussing this, I'd love to see them.

Top Bottom