Pm mold or thrip damage help to identify
Pm mold or thrip damage help to identify 2
Pm mold or thrip damage help to identify 3
Pm mold or thrip damage help to identify 4
Pm mold or thrip damage help to identify 5
Pm mold or thrip damage help to identify 6
Hey Everyone
Thanks in advance for your help
I'm trying to figure out a problem. First thing I'm hoping to eliminate is if this is PM mold or not. I don't really think it is but am trying to be thorough. The only reason I felt it may be PM is because of the darkness of the leaf before it shrivels and dies away. They also end up with the rust as well. I'm using RO but add plenty of Cal-mag
I have seen pics of Thrip damage that appears to be like rust from nute deficiency as well. Said to be from the plant being in poorer health and not uptaking nutes properly. Is that true as well.
How much damage do these Thrips cause. They are new to me.
I grow in Promix and don't have high humidity. Mostly in the 45-55 % range. I never see the white power spoken associated with PM either. So with low humidity and no powder, I think PM is not the issue. But maybe those pics will help you kind folks to lend an opinion.
Now onto my better hunch. I found what is either a Springtail or a Thrip nyph on various leaves. So doing my best to identify it thru the forum here and other internet sites I came to some conclusions. After researching it a bit I see that Springtail's can hop/jump and are found down in the water or on the dirt if rubbed or watered. I CAN'T FIND ANY NEAR THE SOIL OR IN IT. I can't get one to jump either. Just also to mention I see zero flying any where in any of my tents. But did find the little buggers on some leaves here and there. I really had to look pretty good to find them as they are not on every leaf. But yet the whitish damage can be found on many leaves . So I'm only saying that they are not everywhere like in the thousands. But there must be enough that they do damage.
so back to my theories on Thrip or springtail.
Pointy back end = Thrip Springtail = rounder
Clearish white = Thrip
No jumping = Thrip
Damage and whiteish leaf damage
Black shiney POOP spots on leaves near damage...
Everyone seems to say Springtail's are really harmful or don't do this kind of damage ??? Help
NO bugs in soil or water.. I looked pretty hard and disturbed the eath. Seem to be on the leaves only = Thrip

The last pic is a leave from the veg tent with the whitish marks seen from Thrip damage... I think

Totally gratefull to anyone who can enlighten me.

Maybe it's is so obvious it's Thrip damage I look pretty dumb.

shoestring

shoestring

Yup its thrips. I got em too. Wierd cuz ive had thrips before and they usually are on the top side of the leaves and leave a tell tale silver streak like dried snot and/or white blotches/streaks like mite damage only bigger. But they can attack the leaf from the underside iam finding also. The damage starts out looking like white or off green/white little bumps on the topside of the leaves. Then you will get long tears in the leaf in a pattern with the leaf veins. Little brown/tan magotty bastards are on my underside of my leaves just hiding and jamming away!!! Look real good with your trusty microscope cuz like me you can blame this tearing on wind damage from fans or nutes/ph. Best rest assured its thrips. Monterey garden spray usually works. Sum bitch!!!

SexOG

SexOG

Thrips..I hate thrips!

Hit hard a few times in the past. Not too hard to get under control once u realise they're there at least.

shoestring

shoestring

Yeah no where nears as bad to eradicate as the two spotted mites, broad mite , russets, and root aphids. I just made a foliar concoction of monterey garden spray, azamax, and sticky surfactant and dosed my veg plants real good. Topside and underside. I even got my males of strawberry fire alien and chems that iam putting outside for pollen collecting in the fall. Tommarow morning iam hitting the flowering room with my headlamp and sprayer soon as lights shut off. Its not a.bad thrip throwdown. Ive had and seen much worse but iam 4 weeks in on tables 1&2 and wondering why my flowers of sour are not fattening up as usual. Got 6 more weeks to go though so we will see. I will take a hit but it wont be significant. Oh iam gonna follow up another spraydown in 5 days too. I want them bastages gone!!!

SexOG

SexOG

Mites are tough because they aren't usually affected by insecticides. What's toxic to an insect isn't always toxic to a mite. I'm thankful I've only had to deal with spider mites so far..

The Hippy

The Hippy

Thrips were eliminated very easily with a DR Doom Insecticide bomb. NO more THrips. Easy to get rid of them. I haven't seen any in months and months.

md1010

md1010

It is thrips. Deal with those on my Gladiolus. The little black dots are their shit. The white spots are the damage done by them.

The Hippy

The Hippy

Well I don't know that. I just know the doctor doom stuff got rid of then completely and they have not returned.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I wouldn't fuck around. The thrip can cause mag lock on flowering plants cause they go to soil

Top Bottom