• Thread starter SmokinDogCujo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/06/florida.marijuana.bust/index.html

Marathon, Florida (CNN) -- It's usually the bad guys who leave ransom notes, but in the Florida Keys, it was the cops who tried it -- and it helped them bag a suspected marijuana grower.

Police say a man called a phone number -- left anonymously by police after they confiscated some marijuana plants -- in hopes of getting the plants back. Instead, the man got arrested.

Monroe County sheriff's department special investigations detectives said they seized six large marijuana plants from a vacant, wooded lot, in Marathon, Florida, after they were tipped off by a citizen. Detectives left behind their own version of a ransom note, hoping to get a response.

"Thanks for the grow!" read the note, which included a phone number. "You want them back ? Call for the price ... let's talk."

Col. Rick Ramsay of the sheriff's office said detectives "were laughing to see if somebody was dumb enough to call back."

About 20 minutes after the note was left, the phone rang, and a man asked what he would have to do to get the plants back, police said.

"They were shocked this guy called. They negotiated back and forth over a price, and finally settled at $200," said Ramsay.

Detectives met the man on a nearby street corner, and he allegedly paid $200 without knowing who he was paying.

Police said a 48-year-old man was arrested on charges of cultivating and selling marijuana as well as possession of drug paraphernalia. Ramsay said officers confiscated a ledger book that contained detailed information on the growing operation including "when he planted, fertilized, watered, and harvested."

"He even named the plants. One was TNT, and another was Diesel," Ramsay said.

M

Mr.LovaLova

They charged HIM with selling mj? The cops are the ones who sold him his plants back. How would that work, could they get brought up on trafficing charges? Yea Florida sucks.

B

big pin100

U gotta chalk shit lik that up what the fuck wrong with that guy
That's the risk we tak with it outdoors

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep...I couldn't believe the guy called to try and get his plants back!

S

SSHZ

Stupid at 48 years old........ I expect this kind of crap from kids but at almost 50????

R

redog

lapse of common sense

I could see it happening to a lot of people.
All the effort going into a grow, plus the money involved.
Add love and affection for the "girls" and anticipation of a decent harvest.Then one day you show up and nothing left but a note.Maybe if the guy had thought about it for a day instead of knee jerk reaction to deal with the thugs.
I think it's absolutely criminal of LEO to pull crap like this.
Have you noticed there are more and more busts going on lately?And ol' blu gum Obamas says he's relaxing efforts on petty MJ use.Sounds like more BS from big brother in my opinion.

0MEGA

the cops are lucky he didnt whip out a gun and kill them and take his plants back. lol
after all he didnt know they were cops, and most people dont fuck around with thier plants.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

any1 living in florida knows how draconian the marijuana laws are... trafficking mary jane gets u 5 years down here. knowing that, there is no way any1 with common sense would expose themselves for 5 fuckn plants. that guy was just a tard! i chalk it up 2 natural selection... hate he had 2 get arrested 4 his stupidity tho -Keepz

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Law enforcement is not stupid and basically they can employ any underhanded, unethical, even illegal tactic they wish and get away with it in some places. It's not "fair", but that's the way it is. That's why we pay such big bucks for legal counsel. You're best off doing that even before you order a seed. Sad that in the modern US, you need an attorney just to live your life. Cover yer butt!

F

FairyDust

I can't decide what's worse... the stupidity of the grower or the police.

Top Bottom