Police seize 60 marijuana plants in Van Buren County; caretaker didn't have all the required medical

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
11477092-large.jpg

Police seized 60 marijuana plants from a residence in Van Buren County on Friday.

GENEVA TOWNSHIP, MI – Police seized 60 marijuana plants from a residence in Van Buren County on Friday.
Police conducted an investigation on a subject manufacturing marijuana in the 66000 block of M-43. Detectives noticed a large black tarp in the back yard, concealing what was believed to be a marijuana grow, according to a news release from the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office.
Police obtained a search warrant after a Michigan State Police helicopter flew over the area and observed a large marijuana grow surrounded by chicken wire. Police seized 60 marijuana plants. The caretaker of the plants possessed medical marijuana cards, but didn't have all the required paperwork for the number of plants he possessed, according to the release.
A 48-year-old man and a 42-year-old man, both from Bangor, were not arrested, but charges for manufacturing of marijuana will be sought at a later date, according to the release.
The incident remains under investigation. Once completed, the report will be forwarded to the Van Buren County Prosecutor's Office for review and requesting charges against the men.
Police ask anyone with information to call the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office at 269-657-3101, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-342-7867 or Silent Observer at 269-343-2100.

K

kolah

This is why I say that staying under 99 plants (and so-called federal prosecution) is still not safe. The pigs will take anything they can get. I love how the pricks trump up the charge by calling it, "manufacturing marijuana."

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If it wasnt a trumped up charge they would have arrested them for sure!They put on that big show to embarass you in front of your neighbors and to harass you to the point of giving up.

K

kolah

Their use of the word "manufacturing" makes it appear as if the growers are cooking up meth or something. It's just more pysche-op terminology to deceive the sheep...and to make it appear as though the pigs are the good guys keeping everyone safe from the "dope dealers" who are harming all the children.

It is not uncommon for cockroach pigs to tear down and destroy all legal documents that would support the growers as we found out that to be true in a recent case here in CO (as in the Elisa Kapplemann case...where she fought the case and came out with a sweet not guilty verdict)

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
In Michigan once you break the law by one plant or a few grams and your caught.....they charge you as if your not legal at all. If you arnt legal, all it takes is one plant or over 4 ounces and they pretty much always tag the manufacturing/ distributing charge on there....those two Charges are one in the same here. I'm surprised those two guys weren't arrested. If that took place in the county I live in they would be in jail waiting to go in front of a judge to see what there bail rate is...or if they will even get a bail.
I got my house broke into like 6 years ago and the cops were called. They said the smelt bud and got a warrant at 2am. They found sme cash and roughly 8 ounces throughout the house and over 100 pieces of paraphernalia. I was arrested immediately and sat in jail for a few days before I saw a judge. They gave me manufacturing/ distributing for that shit.....those dudes should be glad they weren't fucked with more. Don't get me wrong....nothing about bud should be illegal ever but how the cops are in this state, they will pretty much always treat it as if it was cocaine lol....Michigan cops are fuckin jokes ~Smf~

K

kolah

The article says "charges are to come at a later date."

Maybe they have no reason to charge them with anything....unless they fudge things. Cops are trained to lie and do it often. Dunno.

517kush

im not sure why anyone in the medical mj community would start a large OUTDOOR grow without the proper paperwork. you would think that would have been the 1st thing done before anything. but... it sux when anyone gets caught up

C

cheech

Even if they did have 5 med cards, they still would have been busted for not complying with 'plants kept in a locked and enclosed area'. So basically to have a good legal defense you'd have to be in a completely enclosed green house to have an outdoor grow in MI.

Maybe that's why they had that door there? lol.

funkysmoker

funkysmoker

In Michigan once you break the law by one plant or a few grams and your caught.....they charge you as if your not legal at all. If you arnt legal, all it takes is one plant or over 4 ounces and they pretty much always tag the manufacturing/ distributing charge on there....those two Charges are one in the same here. I'm surprised those two guys weren't arrested. If that took place in the county I live in they would be in jail waiting to go in front of a judge to see what there bail rate is...or if they will even get a bail.
I got my house broke into like 6 years ago and the cops were called. They said the smelt bud and got a warrant at 2am. They found sme cash and roughly 8 ounces throughout the house and over 100 pieces of paraphernalia. I was arrested immediately and sat in jail for a few days before I saw a judge. They gave me manufacturing/ distributing for that shit.....those dudes should be glad they weren't fucked with more. Don't get me wrong....nothing about bud should be illegal ever but how the cops are in this state, they will pretty much always treat it as if it was cocaine lol....Michigan cops are fuckin jokes ~Smf~
YOUR NOT LIEIN THERE , IN MAY I WAS PULLED OVER WITH SOME WEED WITH A PATIENT THAT WAS WET SO IT WAS A LIL OVER WEIGHT AND I LOST MY BUSSINESS CAR HOUSE EVERYTHING THAT I WORKED FOR YEARS FOR , AND THE FUNNIEST THING ABOUT THE WHOLE DEAL THE PIG SED TO MY FACE IS " YOU THINK WE DONT WANT OUR END" THESE SO CALL PEACES OFFICERS ARE NO MORE THAN FUCKING TRUE CROOKS . STEALING WHAT PEOPLE TAKE TIME OUT OF THERE LIVES TO WORK FOR AND MAKE HAPPEN IS TEN THOUSAND TIMES WORSE THAN GROWING SOME HARMLESS PLANTS FUCK THE POLICE .

funkysmoker

funkysmoker

Even if they did have 5 med cards, they still would have been busted for not complying with 'plants kept in a locked and enclosed area'. So basically to have a good legal defense you'd have to be in a completely enclosed green house to have an outdoor grow in MI.

Maybe that's why they had that door there? lol.

haha yea ill give the assholes that these guys were kinda asking for trouble , but none the less these mother fuckers "police " are not respecting our rights as humans. They let us get so far just to tear us down , I still have a hard time be leaving these cops are humans . I think most or all of them are government clones , programmed to fuck other people . FREE THE PEOPLE AND THERE WEED!!

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
YOUR NOT LIEIN THERE , IN MAY I WAS PULLED OVER WITH SOME WEED WITH A PATIENT THAT WAS WET SO IT WAS A LIL OVER WEIGHT AND I LOST MY BUSSINESS CAR HOUSE EVERYTHING THAT I WORKED FOR YEARS FOR , AND THE FUNNIEST THING ABOUT THE WHOLE DEAL THE PIG SED TO MY FACE IS " YOU THINK WE DONT WANT OUR END" THESE SO CALL PEACES OFFICERS ARE NO MORE THAN FUCKING TRUE CROOKS . STEALING WHAT PEOPLE TAKE TIME OUT OF THERE LIVES TO WORK FOR AND MAKE HAPPEN IS TEN THOUSAND TIMES WORSE THAN GROWING SOME HARMLESS PLANTS FUCK THE POLICE .
I hear that man. I had to buy back my house for 10% of the value of it lol....I only laugh because it was so fucking stupid its sick. Now I know all the things not to do and how to play here games. You go thru court on multiple felony charges and you learn Ll about the "game" the court really plays and how deals are made behind closed doors. I "donated" a large sum to the local police pention and it put me on good grounds with the state......my 3-5 years prison time went down to 36 months probation. Well, that and having the best attorney in state for drug crimes. I Fuckin hate local and state law enforcement and am always the first one to say fuck the police when I see a cop. Sorry to hear you had to go thru all that bullshit like I did man. Fuck them

T

THegrowshow

you gotta admit the situation is very fucked up but if that is their idea of a locked enclosed facility thats pretty funny

T

THegrowshow

i mean i could just reach my hands in there and grab a nice juicy bud and roll up a fattie

Latest posts

Top Bottom