poll: how often do you typically medicate

• Thread starter El Cerebro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How frequently do you typically medicate? (check 9 for edible forms)

• constantly (chain smoker, vaporizer implant, IV)

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • every 1-2 hours

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • every 2-3 hours

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • every 4-6 hours

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • less consistently but 2-3x per day

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • only upon waking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only in the evenings, or before sleeping

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • infrequently / as-needed / situational

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I ingest it through the GI tract and that's a different kind of data

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I don't use cannabis (but I am involved with it medicinally or please don't answer poll)

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

poll: How frequently do you typically medicate?

This is a private poll so your username will not be shown in the results, but feel free to elaborate in the thread of course. There's a selection for ingested medibles, but this poll is more to examine use of shorter-acting forms like inhalation, also including sublingual and topical administration.

If your usage tends to vary a lot, please select either 'as-needed', or a choice relative to the time periods you are symptomatic and using cannabis for relief.

Thanks for answering this poll, looking forward to some discussion..

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Thanks for posting. I typically ride between the 1-2 and 2-3hr brackets depending on pain level, and can stretch it longer if using concentrates (often half as frequently).

On bad days I would be in the constant category too if not for oil/wax, major time and quality-of-life saver.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

And no value judgements of course, guess I just assumed since this is the med forum. We all do what we do for our own reasons, no need to defend, justify, etc. Even those who aren't compelled to say anything, please at least vote in the poll if you took time to read this.

YaaMon

YaaMon

Probably about every 1 to 2 hours, but this often can change due to constantly being busy and on the go haha.

johnursery

johnursery

to keep my colitis from flaring up i usualy just need to toke 2x a day but it depends on the strains and it depends on how stressfull i am (stress can cause flare ups) durring flare ups i smoke every couple hours and have gone back into REMISION!!! w/o having to go on prednisone! im working on 2 strains right now, a PTSD strain and an Insomnia strain but after those ill work on somthing for my colitis, gotta save my millitary brothers before i work on my own strain

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Yeah, interesting how adrenal stress can really affect the homeostatic balancing act of the endocannabanoid system. I took a restful several week mini-vacation at home once, and dosed heavily with oil/wax/hash until my tolerance was so high that even the best flowers were like candy. This is really where I discovered the deeper therapeutic use of cannabis, including major GI benefits. I know somebody with chron's/ibs and he says a strong inhaled oil dose can calm flareups quickly. Personally I think ingesting is also a great way to help the GI tract over the long term. (I don't have a lot of time for prepping edibles lately, so just eat leftovers from lower-temp vaping, which is also great for sleep and rheum pain.)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I medicate all day everyday :banana1sv6:

Must spread rep before giving to Ken again, etc. Yeah that's the benefit of eating it eh? Trying to get on that better myself, for less of a rollercoaster effect. Of course the beauty of inhaled meds are you can titrate much more easily, and in real-time (not enough, have a little more). If you can tolerate the effects of ingesting, and once you get the dosage dialed, man it must be nice to maintain constant blood levels.

For those interested in this, be sure to check Ken's kief capsule thread.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Oh, and the almost 300 people who read this an didn't vote are missing out on free +rep from me ;(

K

kolah

AS NEEDED :)

...some days not at all, but every night for sure.

I also enjoy a day or two off now and then. To each his own though.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

been giving kolah too much rep lately, blah blah

Been hearing a lot of talk on 'tolerance breaks' lately. I can't really handle that due to pain, and this factors into what genetics I use too. Heavy med users often need strains that don't build tolerance fast or have defined ceiling. Changed things a lot for me compared to back when I didn't know any better, wish I knew more, still testing.

Might sound crazy, but even as enjoyable as periodic refresh can be, I find having to medicate so frequently can get tiresome sometimes. Might experiment a little with transdermal administration when I get time..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
this is the 1st time ive seen this thread

I medicate all day everyday :banana1sv6:

Hey brother from another mother...lol
I like to wait an hour or two after waking up to start round 1, but from there on out, it's on! I find mixing the varieties keeps me getting baked/medicated/ripped/high in 1-3 rips! I take really large rips though, the kind I can feel fill up my lungs & stomach almost, it feels like atleast..lol
And I need a few of those when I'm roaring, typically a .4gram goes down with each mobius use, that prob occurs every 30min-2hrs depending on what activity or work I'm engaged in and who is visiting...lol
Still gotta say, 1 rip will do the job, 2 makes it settle in a bit and 3 rips and I'm fully medicated!

M

mrhouston907

I medicate constantly. I use it for a couple Med reasons, and use a couple different strains throughout the day to achieve desired effect. Sativa during the day, indica at night.

MMMG

MMMG

Yea I medicate constantly as well. If I'm awake I'm not far away from a pipe. Constant pain=constant smoke. And baba mentioned something that is key, mixing up your smoke. I've noticed I build up a resistance to a type of strain more than just to smoking in general.

mack 10

mack 10

every few hours, usually.
Love that wake an bake,
Set's my mood for the day(a good one:))
Mack

Top Bottom