Pollen blowing in the wind problems

• Thread starter swede1950
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swede1950

I live in an area that has cannabis/hemp growing in every fence and field for miles in every direction. This spring and summer I pulled all the male plants on my property thinking the females would not bear seeds. At first it seemed like it was going to work and then the wind blew for several days and everything went to seeds.

Does anyone have a suggestion - other than moving to another location? I was thinking of trying to find a strain that would allow the flowers to mature before the wild plants have time to release their pollen. Of course there is always indoor grows but I would rather grow in a remote area of my property if possible.

R

Rolln J

round up...

yeah that sucks - not sure how you could get around that unless you built an outdoor green house that was sealed well and had hepa filters on all the intakes.

T

TheBeak

I agree with RJ.

Put a plastic greenhouse over it, with an exhaust and a filtered intake. You could probably make do with a pc fan or two. Just make sure they're not getting wet, possibly by putting them in some sort of box.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

That does suck. wish i had a suggestion for ya bro but i'm drawing a blank

K

Kush-breeder

I say search you property, find em males and kill them!! or find a place far away from where you suspect these males to be, ideally in a big thick patch of weed so the pollen will be stoped by the weeds. Then you plant a shit load of pine trees between you grow and where the males are.

O

oldtimer60

And that illistrates the problem I have legalizing hemp, I say it would ruin all the good stuff around it for miles.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what about trying longer flower strains we had some mouie wouie this year its still outside in New england it didnt even start flowering until like the 25th of sept. or go with iranin short season its supose to be a decent yeilding auto flowering strain it gets done by early-mid july. water kills pollen also maybe spray down your plants daily... might help?

someone should make a chemical that stops a plant from getting knocked up. it would solve alot of problems

Top Bottom