Pollen chuckin for seeds grow

• Thread starter Indicas4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Indicas4me

Going to try to get alot of seeds without alot of effort.These are under 3 shoplights in a computer box.I grew buds using fluorescent lighting before but never did a grow specifically for seeds.This is my first attempt at breeding for an early outdoor strain,as these clones were from my earliest plants last year.Anyone have an idea how many seeds I will get,if not we should find out how many a plant produces?

Pollen chuckin for seeds grow
Pollen chuckin for seeds grow 2
T

tattoojim

i use a artist brush to paint pollen on lowers ,so i can save tops to smoke. 1 male can drop enough pollen to make thousands of seeds.

I

Indicas4me

Theres 4 males and 5 females,and that seed count sounds good cause I want alot of seeds.Better to have to many than not enough.I put alot of males in hoping 1 or 2 were winners of there strain.Theres 4 clones and one female from seed,and 2 clones each are from different mothers.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Yeah if you're doing an all out seed grow then what you're doing is fine bro, that many males hitting the females will create an awesome playing field when going through the beans you will have a full rep of the strains diversity with an open pollination than just using one male.

I

Indicas4me

Yeah if you're doing an all out seed grow then what you're doing is fine bro, that many males hitting the females will create an awesome playing field when going through the beans you will have a full rep of the strains diversity with an open pollination than just using one male.

Yep I was looking around the past couple days for an answer onhow much the male influences the structure of the seedlings.And one breeder claims alot will take more to the mother side,so hoping they retain there early flowering trait.Because the males were not tested for that trait or any for that matter,but they all looked good and made sure of that at least.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Some males can influence tons of traits, it just depends on how dominant it is.
Since they (the males) haven't been tested be sure to take notes on the growth traits of each and pics of the parents, then compare the offspring to them.

JAWS

JAWS

id say thats overkill but should get you a nice genetic mix for-sure, ahh those males are all the same and the same as the FEMALES correct??...

you can over POLLENATE which means you will get a lot of un-usable seeds but you will still get plenty to work with...

ahh may i ask why your runing so many males?...
peace:bong2:

I

Indicas4me

id say thats overkill but should get you a nice genetic mix for-sure, ahh those males are all the same and the same as the FEMALES correct??...

you can over POLLENATE which means you will get a lot of un-usable seeds but you will still get plenty to work with...

ahh may i ask why your runing so many males?...
peace:bong2:

Genetic diversity,thinking that if I only picked one or 2 what it they both were inferior.This is my strain that ive been growing multiple years with seeds from missed males in "gorilla" patches.Never had to breed because I always missed a male in at least one patch yearly or bi-yearly,producing plenty of seeds.Just was getting low because of the messed up couple years due to bad weather conditions for growing.I have got alot of seeds now but they are older and I haven't tested there germination rates,this will guarantee fresh/viable seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom