Pollen Collection

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

So this project started out with about 150 F5 Chem Ultimas (SFV OG X Chemdog D) from Matt Riot. We are going to work on this generation together and this is some of my work.

That being said its hard to run males in a commercial MMJ center for obvious reasons so when i cannot risk the pollen floating, this is how i collect it...

out of about 60 males 6 SFV phenos, 6 CHem phenos, and 6 hybrid phenos were chosen for the "collective pollen" tanks, and in the last 2 tanks were 5 select males.

Everything was sterilized with ISO and then cuts were placed in cups of water like cut flowers. After the lid was placed over the top the tanks were put under t5s were they should stay healthy for 2-3 weeks while each branch drops its pollen... Yummy.

Males1
Males2
Males3
Males4
Males5
Males6
Males7
aleYarok

aleYarok

they live like that for 3 weeks?????
wow
straight water? seems like you'd have to feed em something

soopy

soopy

And some fresh air?

I have a nice male that I have flowering for pollen collection. In the past I've just flowered the male alongside some females. This time I have to collect it. What's your pollen storage method?

Looks good, nice set up.

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
wow

Thats how I sex my babies too. No need to turn back the whole plant, just take a branch.

~Lem

aleYarok

aleYarok

And some fresh air?

I have a nice male that I have flowering for pollen collection. In the past I've just flowered the male alongside some females. This time I have to collect it. What's your pollen storage method?

Looks good, nice set up.
check out a thread by logic on a male isolation chamber

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats exactly how I do it if cross pollination is a worry. I actually just finished up a breeding using this method for collecting the pollen. Works just fine. I only use one male per container though and I think this method is best used on a proven male. If its a male I have never worked with I like to flower them out completely with a full plant under good lighting to get a good idea of their full potential. Nice thread

J

JCashman

very nice methods, will have to consider this, but am having the hardest time finding my desired stud :(

JC

L

lizardsss

DS, I can't PM you so I have to post here. It is Chris from your old stomping grounds. Want to chat but heard you changed your number. PM me your email or call me if you still have my number....

L

LikemindS

Very Nice DS! So thats how you did it :) ... just found this thread ...
Helll yeah man AWESOME WORK!

phenotyper

phenotyper

wow

Thanks DS as always for sharing your methods.

To ask again, dobyou open them up? How do you prevent contamination when getting fresh air in there? Anything in the water besides sm90?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Thanks DS as always for sharing your methods.

To ask again, dobyou open them up? How do you prevent contamination when getting fresh air in there? Anything in the water besides sm90?

The water causes too much moisture in the tank, we do not use it any longer.

Top Bottom