Pollen from a female turned male - useable?

• Thread starter ziagong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ziagong

ziagong

First grow, grew a great 24k plant. After harvest I placed the pot outside with just what was left after cutting. It started to grow again so I moved it back into the tent and babied it. it now has grow back to about 10 inches tall but has nothing but pollen sacks. no sign of female, it looks 100% male. I moved it back out, i have only one other plant in the tent and it has been pollinated on purpose so it no threat. Can (or should) i harvest and collect this pollen? I need pollen and this 24 produced solid 8 (out of possible 10) buds.
Or will this pollen basically produce hermis if i use it?

TY

TSD

TSD

No such thing as a female turned male, it probably hermed out from stress. It may have the herm gene and that will be passed on in the pollen... I personally wouldn't intentionally make seeds with herm pollen because that ups the chances those seeds will produce herms... but that's your call. I'm not a breeder, that's just my two cents, maybe one will chime in with some better info. @growsince79 ?

growsince79

growsince79

No such thing as a female turned male, it probably hermed out from stress. It may have the herm gene and that will be passed on in the pollen... I personally wouldn't intentionally make seeds with herm pollen because that ups the chances those seeds will produce herms... but that's your call. I'm not a breeder, that's just my two cents, maybe one will chime in with some better info. @growsince79 ?
Was the plant some of the most potent and best tasting bud you ever saw? If the answer is no, then don't use it.

ziagong

ziagong

Throw a pic up brother
Male plant

Madmax

Madmax

Be fooked.and i thought id seen it all...you could collect it and store it and try it out on another plant just to find out if you had a place where you could grow it on its own.but i wouldnt rely on it.

ziagong

ziagong

Be fooked.and i thought id seen it all...you could collect it and store it and try it out on another plant just to find out if you had a place where you could grow it on its own.but i wouldnt rely on it.
Right? it looks 100% male. Being my first grow i had 3 strains - 24K from beaver seeds and a couple from unknown breeders they claimed as blackberry and og kush. The BB was male, the og was i would grade 6/10 and the 24 was/is 8/10. I ended up pulling 2 plants that were males, one Bb and the other 24. i wish i had kept the pollen from the 24 since it turned out decent. I have no pollen now so that is why i asked.

Top Bottom