Pollen viability???

• Thread starter mamaherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mamaherb

I have been having an ongoing problem with my ladies being pollinated. I am pretty quick to catch it and usually just cut the tops that have turned. Really early on ( 3 weeks into flower) I am seeing the pistils turn brown and preliminary seed formation again. I am woking with stable genetic this round but definitely had some pollen in my room last round. (had some sour-OG. herm on me). I flipped less than a week after cutting down my last crop. What I am wondering is how long is residual pollen viable for? As soon as I noticed the pistils browning I sprayed with Dutch masters reverse but I am unsure if it will stop the transformation. I used it last round when I saw little seed and it stop the development in the tracks. If there is still viable pollen in the room my effort will be useless...right? I am ready to chop the room and clean every nook and cranny. I just can't find a consistent answer on the viability/life of pollen. Any feedback helpful. Thanks........

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're worried about pollen in the room, spray it down with water, that makes the pollen inviable. Most folks who are working with breeding have more problems keeping pollen viable than just about any other issue I can think of, it just doesn't seem to last very long and MOISTURE is its enemy!

Spritz down the girls, ought to stop it. Spray the surfaces, nooks and crannies with plain old water (or if it makes you feel better you can add a small amount of bleach). If you flipped less than a week after chopping the room with the hermie, then there's a very good chance there is/may have been viable pollen in the room.

I'm planning on trying some 2yo pollen on some F2's this year. We'll see if it's still good.

G

googolplexs

Strange I missed this thread earlier, but I'm having some of these seed problems, I had a question as to how long pollen lasted, and I just remember about them finding pollen on those thousands of years old mummies, I truley doubt that it would still be viable, but as i think about it, I am quite sure that it is good for years and years.
Now in the room I am having problems with, it has been washed down with bleech and it has been 4 or 5 years since it had male flowers, so I wonder.
I was also wordering how these breeder do it.
Not to get off tto topic, but it seems this white woman was atfically isemanated with her husband sperm, well she had a white baby and a black baby, twins. It seems they used the same test tube twice and did not clean it out well enough. If they can't get it right with human babies, I wonder how many misstakes occur in the seed biz, not many I hope. Have your pure breb off with a mongre. Oh and I have no concern as to baby color.

But I have seeds also the plants are 6 feet tall, have about 2 weeks to go.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jesus! When I was pregnant with my first boy (by a very white man, I mean he GLOWS he's so white) I used to have these nightmares that the child came out black and no one would believe me that I hadn't been screwing around. Kid came out lily white, btw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom