pollinating a single bud????

• Thread starter wpg_breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wpg_breeder

i need some suggestions/techniques for pollinating a single bud of my jack herer with the saved pollen of black domina????

B

bonbonbondia

Take the female plant, move it somewhere away from any other plants and away from any fans/circulating air. Take a paint brush or your finger or a pipe cleaner and brush some pollen onto the bud. Leave it for 15 minutes or so, then take a spray bottle and lightly spritz the other buds. Label that bud/branch (I use a ziptie around it). Then return the plant to the grow room.

I would suggest doing an entire branch as opposed to a single bud.
For best results repeat every few days for two weeks.

W

wpg_breeder

will this give me single seeded nugs or will it ruin a whole plant

B

bonbonbondia

will this give me single seeded nugs or will it ruin a whole plant

Your question was how to pollinate a single bud. That's what I detailed. :) If you mean "single seeded" as in a single seed from that one pollinated bud, probably not. That pollinated bud is gonna produce a few seeds -- hopefully I would think.

You are moving it away from any fans or air ciculation so the pollen does not get blown onto other buds. Also, water kills the pollen which is the reason behind the spritz of the non pollinated buds.

But like I said, I would go ahead and pollinate an entire branch so you aren't relying on a single bud node.

Stinkytent

Stinkytent

I know this post is old but what a rude person before me just making things literal. You can pollenate one branch yes just put a plastic bag over the rest of the plant and have the one branch with open access also no fans or any of that

Top Bottom