Pollinating Autos with Photos on Purpose

• Thread starter lordbuddkitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lordbuddkitty

lordbuddkitty

Can you breed the lowrider / ruderalis out of an autoflower?

Scenario: My old seed guys kinda p'ssed me off, so now I have a new seed guy. He hooked me up with some rather nice pollen, including some DJ Shores Blueberry pollen from a photo-period.

I grow mostly autos in my humble 2x4 Spider Farmer tent for now, so that I can run a perpetual grow without a light change. It's not ideal, but I'm poor <shrug>. Now, I just so happen to have a 4-pack of Blueberry Autoflowers laying around which claim to be "Lowrider" and "DJ Shore Blueberry".

The question: If I grow one of those autos out to flower, and I pollinate a DJ Shore Blueberry Autoflower with DJ Shore Blueberry's pollen from a photo, will I get, as I hope, a slow-flowering auto with a higher THC content and a cleaner Blueberry terpene profile?

Or am I thinking baked again?

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Autoflowering genes are recessive, meaning that the recessive autoflowering genetic trait is not expressed in the first generation. Thus, autoflowering varieties are the result of backcrossing in order to stabilize the automatic behavior.

if you cross auto with photo you should get a mix of auto and photo seeds.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Can you breed the lowrider / ruderalis out of an autoflower?

Scenario: My old seed guys kinda p'ssed me off, so now I have a new seed guy. He hooked me up with some rather nice pollen, including some DJ Shores Blueberry pollen from a photo-period.

I grow mostly autos in my humble 2x4 Spider Farmer tent for now, so that I can run a perpetual grow without a light change. It's not ideal, but I'm poor <shrug>. Now, I just so happen to have a 4-pack of Blueberry Autoflowers laying around which claim to be "Lowrider" and "DJ Shore Blueberry".

The question: If I grow one of those autos out to flower, and I pollinate a DJ Shore Blueberry Autoflower with DJ Shore Blueberry's pollen from a photo, will I get, as I hope, a slow-flowering auto with a higher THC content and a cleaner Blueberry terpene profile?

Or am I thinking baked again?
Yes it's called a "fast strain" in the industry

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Why don’t you just flip photos to flower on your own? Why do you want to give control of when to flower to the plant? In my opinion, you should be putting pressure on the plant to perform! Not the plant putting pressure on you to perform!

Last edited:
lordbuddkitty

lordbuddkitty

Autoflowering genes are recessive, meaning that the recessive autoflowering genetic trait is not expressed in the first generation. Thus, autoflowering varieties are the result of backcrossing in order to stabilize the automatic behavior.

if you cross auto with photo you should get a mix of auto and photo seeds.
Cool, that's probably ok. Again, mostly just fun and self-education. But it would be cool if I get some killer flower out if it ;)

Top Bottom