Pollination Problem! Help!

• Thread starter tristan09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tristan09

Currently im growing two sets of plants in one giant flower room. I pull down 8 every month, 16 total in the room. I had bad male plants contaminate the first crop, and the next two after that. I just chopped 8, left 8 in there. im waiting to put my next set of veg in, should i wait till the rooms completely down, or would I be safe waiting two weeks so itd be week 1 / week 7? they've been constantly cross contaminating with the weeks at 1/5 (1/5, 2/6, 3/7, 4/8). I read they get pollinated around week 3? any help would be great this is killing me right now

MW7945

MW7945

If you're worried, give everything a good washing down. It doesn't take much pollen to get things going.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

The flowers that get pollinated early on will develop ripe seeds if they continue on to the end of the flowering cycle. Anywhere theres a white hair, it can be pollinated. Once enough flowers are pollinated, the energy starts going into growing a seed. It will still keep budding, but slower.

Pollen remains viable for an ungodly long time. Pollen from Egyptian tombs has still been viable - end even much, much older. So, ideally, you'll want to clear that whole room out when you can and completely clean and disinfect every single inch.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The flowers that get pollinated early on will develop ripe seeds if they continue on to the end of the flowering cycle. Anywhere theres a white hair, it can be pollinated. Once enough flowers are pollinated, the energy starts going into growing a seed. It will still keep budding, but slower.

Pollen remains viable for an ungodly long time. Pollen from Egyptian tombs has still been viable - end even much, much older. So, ideally, you'll want to clear that whole room out when you can and completely clean and disinfect every single inch.
agree,everything,lights and id even go as far as a new outter filter,,but if you want problem gone ,scrub everything,finish the plants you got and go hard with the bleach,,if there is dust still in there you are transfering it while walking in room and on your clothes

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

agree,everything,lights and id even go as far as a new outter filter,,but if you want problem gone ,scrub everything,finish the plants you got and go hard with the bleach,,if there is dust still in there you are transfering it while walking in room and on your clothes
yup. You have to treat it like it's an infectious disease

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

yup. You have to treat it like it's an infectious disease
agree ,thats why i do all my breeding,chunking,what ever it called these days in a tent on back porch,give um couple days out there and wash the shit out them ,dry um,put back in flower room,,hadnt had one pollinate other plants yet,,that tent easier to clean than a room,lol

Top Bottom