Pollination Question

• Thread starter wdcf2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wdcf2

Its time to breed, I have my pollen, and I have selected my females to use it on....

Unfortunately I only have 1 room. So I have followed another's instructions and the females I have not selected for breeding are currently taking a bath in the rain (so they get nice and wet just in case they come in contact with pollen it wont be viable). The ones for breeding are about to get pollinated.

So here is my question, since I only have 1 room, obviously when I go in it, to water or whatever tomorrow, the pollen on the plants I selected for breeding will more than likely be kicked up into the air and may come in contact with other plants that are pollen free....

So I was wondering after about 24 hours time can I soak the plants I selected for breeding with water? Or does the pollen need to be on those plants longer?

peacock.gif

~WDCF

Thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can do that, but what if you just move the plants you wish to pollinate out of the room, pollinate, let them set for a day then spritz and put them back?

waayne

waayne

wdcf2 you can use a Q-tip or small artists paint brush to apply the pollen to select colas,this will minimize the probability of accidental
pollination occurring.I always label the branch's / cola's I'm pollinating so they are easy to find after harvest, and so I can keep accurate
records on all the crosses......

You can spray the plants after 24 hours to destroy any stray pollen......

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

I agree with Waayne. Take em out to be safe and do use an instrument to deliver pollen if you aren't trying to hit the whole plant. Unless you want an ass load of beans, try one or two branches like in the books!

JAWS

JAWS

yup just pull your girls out to the bathroom and apply the pollen by hand leave in the tub/shower over night, spray heavily the next morning and place back into your grow area....if this is not possible then your ging to need to isolate your pollenated females in some way BEFORE you place them back into the flower area, if not you will get unwanted plants with beanage..
peace:)

feline eyes

feline eyes

i think moving the plants to another room to pollinate makes the most sense

Latest posts

Top Bottom