Polyhybrid hunt: OGKB and GG4 hybrids

• Thread starter meadowsweet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meadowsweet

meadowsweet

•New State, New House, New Garden•

Hello all. I'm BRAND NEW to the farm and pretty new to forums and whatnot, so I figured I'd jump right in with contributing and start a little journal on my room. My wife and I moved to oregon and just bought out first home(!) and I finally just got around d to finishing up my little personal garden (I'm also an ommp caregiver for two MS patients with their own personal gardens) and thought I'd share. So thank you in advance for any and all insight, criticisms, support and all the other rad stuff that seems to come along with this rad online community of lovely people. I'll start posting pictures of my set-up and the few little plants we've just got started (3 in veg and 3 in bloom) very soon! ✌️

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

Now onto some details:
Room: 7'6" x 7'
Lights: two 600w Gavita Pro E-series
Climate: 10k BTU window A/
Medium: Mills Nutrients 90-day charged Cork Soil

Strains:
VEG: OGKB x OG (from seed) x3
BLOOM: Gorilla Glue #4 x (Animal Cookies x Fire Alien White) x3

Just finally finished getting the room set-up and dialed in; this is my first proper cycle since my wife and I moved up north to Oregon. A whopping total of six plants right now that I'm trying to sort out keepers from. I prefer running 3x3 trays of smaller plants with a trellis which really satisfies my OCD tendencies, but until I find a keeper or two from these small runs, I'll be growing these out in NC 5's for their test runs. Short 6-week veg on the Girl Scout Glues, and I just put them into bloom about 4 days ago. Really, really loving the Mills/DNA super soil I got a few bags of. Texture, water retention, aeration, nutrient load, etc. all seem to be pretty spot on with it. I'll start posting pics to get caught up...

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

OGKB hybrid seedlings right after they broke ground. Two didn't make it, not really sure what happened there. Just the way it is...

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

Which takes us to day 14...

N°3 (runt):

N°1:

And N°2 which really caught my eye for whatever reason:

And a close-up on a leaf from N°2 from last night:

And that's where I'm at with the OGKB polyhybrids so far. I'll update on the GG4 polys in bloom later this evening...

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

So then on to the Gorilla Glue polyhybrids, the "Girl Scout Glue" plants. These are a cross of Gorilla Glue #4 (female - verified) x (Animal Cookies x Fire Alien White). I was anxious to get my garden started up again and was short on space at the time so I only ended up germinating 5 of the seeds. 1 threw balls at like day 15 or something ridiculous so I chucked him, and ended up with four that I took to around week 5 when I culled one male (don't really have the space at the moment to grow out a male and stabilize the genetics) leaving me with four pretty distinct plants at week 6. All plants were topped twice and are now in third day of bloom in NC 5's in Mills super cork soil. Backing up a little bit here are some fan leaves from the different plants from week 6 of veg:

GSG N°2
Seemed pretty "middle of the road" growth-wise nothing really stood out during veg, but she stayed consistent throughout. Really took to being topped well and branched out fast. Stayed middle of the pack for all of veg:

GSG N°3 - the biggest of the ladies and threw the biggest leaves and the tallest tertiary nodes after being topped repeatedly. Displayed the least amount of mutation during veg (even node spacing, symmetric leaves, etc.):

GSG N°4 - I was most excited about this one. Stinky in veg, extremely vigorous and branching, weird mutant leaves, and of course, turned out to be the male. Wish I had a space to properly grow out males, but alas not yet:

GSG N°5 - the shortest and prettiest girl in veg, she has been a pleasure to grow thusfar. Loved her multiple toppings and put out big secondary branches. Tied her multiple tops down for a bit and she filled out nicely, quickly and evenly. Really hope she performs as well. In flower as she did in veg:

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

The three ladies were the first on the new flower room and I put them straight under one of the Gavita 600w lamps for about 4 hours before their first 12 of dark to acclimate. I've got the Gavita's about 34" away from the canopy and they seem to be loving it so far. They're in NC 5's full of Mills Nutrient's cork-amended super soil (which I love) in a 3'x3' table with trellis set about 20" above the soil line. I'm really counting on the Gorilla Glue to make them stretch quickly. into the trellis so I can start bending tops ASAP. I'm trying to be conservative with canopy height a little as I've never grown under a Gavita before and want to prevent any bleaching of tops getting too tall. That said, I'm only running the Single-Ended Gavitas (and only 600w at that) so In actuality I should be fine. I'll throw a second layer of trellis up as needed (makes me miss running full trays and soil beds of smaller plants under a trellis. Soon enough...). As great as the Mills soil is, these girls got a little leaf clawing in veg which I misread as N toxicity (thought I was feeding them too much kelp at 2.5ml/gal. ha). Realized the working with the Mills soil means I had to up my CalMag significantly. They all came out of it just fine though. Just now reaching through the canopy. I should be weaving branches under by Monday.

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

All I know if i turn my phone horizontal they come out straight ...verticle there side ways ..
@Medusa yeah I figured out too that if you pull the pictures from "Photo Stream" instead of "Camera Roll" (on iphone) they come out straight too.

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

Ha I hear you, it's scary how natural and intuative kids are with technology these days!

meadowsweet

meadowsweet

The Girl Scout Glues in bloom are finally filling in the trellis and I figure I've got a few more days of weaving branches before I let them take off and add the second layer of trellis.

When it's all said and do e I should have about 4 or 5 large tops per square on this layer. Also trying something a bit different this time and instead of supercropping to manage canopy height, I've been weaving fan leaves onto the trellis to secure the tops down. Seems to be working pretty well so far as it doesn't slow them down at all and the leaves manage to unwind themselves after a day or so

And considering it's only day 10 of bloom, these plants have really taken off quick in the Mills 90-day Cork Soil. Threw them directly under their own Gavita too about 36" away and they didn't skip a beat either. Really looking forward to seeing their flowers start developing soon

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looking good in there. Tuned in for the show. Been wondering how that cork if working for growers.

O

Organicyumyum

yo man, who made those Girl Scout Glues? Im about to run the Gorilla Glue #4……thought this was a new strain, can't believe there are already crosses being run.

Top Bottom