polyploidal seed question

• Thread starter kd0afk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kd0afk

I read this tonight and had to pass it along. In this thread.I want to focus on the section on polyploids.

To sum up the section on polyploids it is the treatment of seeds with the alkaloid colchicine which is found in the bulbs of a plant I can't remember the name. A polyploid is a plant with twice as many chromasomes so it grows bigger. My question to anyone with breeding knowledge, would that trait of polyploidism pass to the seeds it produces? Could you make a super polyploid with eventually 16 times the chromasomes? Seems pretty cool that it can be do e and I know how I am going to germinate my next crop.

G

Green Supreme

Colchicine is scary and this technique has been around for years. Now don't you think we would have heard of many different polyploid strains if it was a good idea? Just sayin. Peace GS

click80

click80

jorge remarks on this in the bible, im pretty sure he said cannabis not being either predisposed to throwing off these seeds and/or they do but with none of the positive results that have happenned with other plant species

homebrew420

homebrew420

There has not been any conclusive studies to determine the effectiveness of this seed treatment. You can spray the plants you are breeding with. If it didn't kill them they would surely be mutated. I personally would love to try this. Colchicine is a VERY potent mutagen, dangerous stuff to say the least. I remember in the mid late 90s High time had printed photos of someopnes grow twho claimed the used this technique, in some way. They were growing variegated plants! White flowers on them bitches!! That was truly a sight to behold.
I searched the net for those pict to no avail.

Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom