Pondmaster 5 pump leaking?

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donkdbz

So got my diy yourself undercurrents set up and filled both systems and all the uniseals are fine but my damned pumps are leaking.

I have 2 500ghp mag drives used inline and they are leaking out the 4 screws that hold the intake face on. I took one apart tried to reseat the gasket and same shit again.

They are still under warrent of course but if this is comman with danner mag drives. Just wondering if I should silicon em up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't seal them up, m'self. It's been a long time since I've had to use many pond pumps, but it's not common in my experience. I can't see how the technology would have gone backwards in the past 10 years.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
send them back you try to "REPAIR" them and you'll void your warranty

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's not always true, many pumps are designed to be serviced on site by the operator.

D

Donkdbz

Damn hydro store only had one replacement available so they order 2 to swap out for me I just hope the seals are good

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They don't carry repair parts in the shop? WTF? They should have replacement impellers and seals at the very least.

S

Snafu

personally i would stay away from danner products for this very reason, they have seal issues and add lots of heat into your water.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
That's not always true, many pumps are designed to be serviced on site by the operator.

True if you are servicing the pump with "OEM" (original equipment manufacture) :pimp:parts and not macgiver-ing shit like using silicone on the pump housing,

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
personally i would stay away from danner products for this very reason, they have seal issues and add lots of heat into your water.

true also i have the first gen ezcloner 120 came with a danner mag- drive pump, i burnt it up always fought temps in the res and ended up buying a 1020gph mag drive pond pump from home de-pot for 80 bones that was three years ago and its been on almost 24/7 no heat no issues and is similar in shape to the danner

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
True if you are servicing the pump with "OEM" (original equipment manufacture) :pimp:parts and not macgiver-ing shit like using silicone on the pump housing,
Ok, you got me there. True dat.

Top Bottom