pool chem' s

• Thread starter toledobudfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toledobudfarmer

i used a ph down from my pool stuff to lower the ph in my water. will this be ok ? i noticed that it said it was dry acid it has a high sodiom count im not sure what to do ?

D

D9420

i used a ph down from my pool stuff to lower the ph in my water. will this be ok ? i noticed that it said it was dry acid it has a high sodiom count im not sure what to do ?
not sure on that one
but i would just hit up a fish store and get some PH up and down and a tester there very cheap.

H

hygrade

the pool stuff will work,sodium bisulfate probably.i used only that for months and got way better results with hydro ph down once i switched.too much extra sodium for the plants,but it will work until you can get something better

D

darookie2000

If your pool stuff is sodium based, you're going to build up salt which is going to poison your plants if you don't flush frequently. Apple cider vinegar and baking soda would probably be safer ways to regulate pH if you can't get a hold of a proper plant pH kit.

I

ismokepot

I tried using it years ago and it ruined a crop. I never used it again and wouldn't recommend it. Remember, it's highly concentrated and used to adjust hundred's/thousands of gallons. In a 20 gallon water container, you may need a 1/4 teaspoon or something like that. Go slowly and carefully.....

Top Bottom