Poppin' a few seeds from THCBay

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

My Lapis are on par with everything else, lollipopman. Hardly no stretch in flower.... they were 18" tall or so when I flipped em and they're about 2 ft now. I'm telling myself I'm in week 5....cus I know when I flipped em but they were slow to show and get with it so the first few weeks weren't what I'd consider "bloom" like I would if they were clones.
Definitely gonna kick out a few nice nugs if the swelling continues...and it will.

Everything is starting to come out of the tailspin from the supersoil mix. I'll take some fan leaf pics tomorrow and show what happened....it set a few back, fer sure....curled leaves, Mg looking splotches, brown edges/tips...etc. Eiither way...I think I'll use something else next go...IF I do soil at all. LOL. (spoiled on REAL yields since going to hydro)

I'll try to get some more pics up

s h

sky high

sky high

It's a jungle in thar.....

I'm thinking another week or so for Lapis #2. As you can see...even with the hps glare she's gone a beautiful shade of mauve/purple. The other 2 phenos are green...but FAR more stinky/dank/pungent...so time will tell if "purty" makes any difference or not. I'm lookin' for the dank >whatever< color it arrives in. To be honest, pheno #5 is the bushiest and stankiest...

Lapis
lollipopman

lollipopman

i think mine grows 1/2 inch wide and 1mil tall a day...

lollipopman

lollipopman

man those lapis are beautiful, cant wait to see how mine comes out...

sky high

sky high

A few thoughts

I regret using the supersoil mix right out of the gate with new genetics rom seed. All of these plants struggled...some worse than others. I saw all sorts of stunting and lockout along the way. It's hard at this point to know if what i see/smell on these plants will be any sort of true representation to the clones that follow.

The Lapis were all fairly similar. All went purple (nothing else in the room did). All a fairly dank smelling...but #5 ended up being the one that I'm taking onward for another look-see because it has an extra depth all around....a pungent spice of sorts....I've yet to peg it fully.

The Chemo OG above is the frostiest of the bunch.....however...it has very little smell.
Time will tell how it hits/stones but i'm not holding out too much hope for a huge taste fest....

The Skunk IBL F2's from HazeVentura did well and made some impressive colas even with the stress of the supersoil.....though they are not skunky whatsoever. I couldn't peg the smell myself....hitting on a slight "wine" smell and something else I couldn't place..... but when my wife smelled it she said "i smell cheese...something exotic". It's definitely a strange but pleasant smell...with an overall sweetness....a bit like a light whiff of floral or neroli. I APOLOGIZE for not taking any pics....tese were fairly burned looking until i timmmed it all of and exposed the very nice colas underneath. I'll try to snap a few dried bud shots in a few weeks.... but we are excited to flame this and see what the hell this is gonna taste like. LOL.

Preservation Dude Haze (G13/HP x Grapefruit haze) show absolutely no indication of skinny leaves/haze. If it picked anyhting up from that side (IMO) it may be the way it appears it will stack buds on the stem. these were small and could have used far more light...but all of them made a nice central cola and branched out stemes than nugged profusely. By the time we chopped these we'd smoked a big bowl of scissor hash and trichs and I got 3/4 way done before i realized I didn't snap a pic. Dopey me....
I'm taking plants #2 & #3 forward for another look...

My Cherry slyders went south due to the supersoil...forming mostly foxtails and false seed pods and little bud. I'm hopeful the clonesd will shine...but these ended up in the hash pile and I only saved enough for a few good fatty's to check it out it pissed me off so badly. LOL.

My drying room is cool this time of year so i'll probably smoke on these the first time around christmas or so. If anything stands out after all the stress i'll be suprised...but hey...we shall see.

s h

sky high

sky high

All of these went 75 days from the flip. I think the "from seed' aspect made it all take longer. I would guess that the lapis will take 55-65 days from clone. I had a hard time winding em down with the supersoil....barely any amber trichs. I needed the room though...

true grit

true grit

Shoot looks like the cold weather did real nice for the Lapis though!! Real bummer that supersoil caused so many headaches this run for ya, it always sucks when things get off to a bad start.... you end up with that "what if"....but at least you got some cuts to throw in buckets this round!!

Which ones will be going in the new vert set-up? Any cuts off these ladies?

Can't wait to see some dried purple shots and some smoke reports off these and the vert room! Have you started puffin any from the vert set-up?.... I keep forgetting where the other log is! lol.

Btw the SD IBL's are coming along, got one fat leaf and one medium size leaf and the SD S1 is very similar to the med. leaf and is very vigorous.... I mean cranking. I'll get some pics up manana.

sky high

sky high

Yo bro!

I'm 99.9% sure the purple in the lapis is genetic and not from cold temps. Out of 13 plants only the 3 Lapis turned....all were in the same (sucky, LOL) soil....same room/etc.

Following your lead...I have all of the plants in this grow represented in an 8 plant grow I'm gonna do in 18 gal pots of coco with about 4800 watts of vert.

The Pres Dude Haze #3....the Lapis #5 and both Skunks are destined for the bucket system here. They are FINALLY taking off after 3 weeks of struggling with the cold...

Fingers crossed on the SD's. those and the OGx SD could be big fun if they play out well!

rock on!

s h

true grit

true grit

Ahh so! So going with big time coco in the vert room this round? Sounds kickass and will probably get ya much bigger plants than what I'm rolling with. Anxious to see big coco, as thats some mad space for roots....

So which set-up will retain the buckets? I remember you saying you were gonna drop to 6 buckets for the next run...is this getting swapped for the big coco gals?

Definitely found a few keepers this round- as in nice bushy but not too lanky girls. Though it does look like one of my lankier Hazey Jones (casey jones leaning) will be the biggest yielder, but she's like freakin 4 ft. tall almost on top of the 18g pot. Definitely only using 15 and 18g next run.

Yeah the SD's have at least another 4-5 weeks of veg to go, so they should be freaking monsters. The OGxSD are coming along quick as well and just got dumped in 2g pots. Hoping for all fem and if so this should be a dank ass SD, OG, and Straw White run come end of January....

sky high

sky high

the coco pots are at a second locale. (sky looks in air...whistles innocently...)
A friend kept bugging me to set something up so I told him it was "all or nothing".... LOL.
I hope I blow his mind.... heehee. So far he tells me they grew over a foot last week alone....so when they hit 3-4 ft we're gonna flip em and stand back....

true grit

true grit

Wowsers!!! That will be some massssssive dank if you're flipping at 3-4ft!! Tell him since you set-up we need pics!! lol.

I'm working on setting up a few micro grows for some folks and practicing some scrog for em while I get em dialed in...should be fun. Helping out folks has never been so rewarding! Thank God for Ammendment 20 and the state of Colorado! We can share our passion finally! Oh yeah and try all sorts of dank in the process!! lol.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Hey SkyHigh, this was a great grow diary. I'm guessing those meds pack a punch. Which one is the best high?

sky high

sky high

Heya altitude. I kinda slacked on this..... but such is life.

A quick rundown:

All in all..."OK" meds in this group but once again (my curse, it seems)...nothing *truly* special for my needs/wants.

The Lapis is beautiful pot. Purple/green/gold/red hairs...lotsa frosting.... but not a lot of taste. high wise...she does pack a punch...but again....without something special on the taste end to "call' me back it's all the same.

Skunk IBL- No roadkill here. Not sure why it was named Skunk...it's sweet/floralish... probably the best tasting of the group...but not tasty enough. Average potency. Good yield.

Chemo-OG - Some lemon taste....but nothing like the other kushes i've tasted. Average buzz.

Preservation Dude Haze- Reminds me a bit of Al Walker...kinda generic..... smelled better on the vine than dried. With G13/HP x Grapefruit Haze as the make up I hoped for far more all the way around.

Shakin my head here. Growing is fun but wow...i've been through A LOT of seeds in the last few years and haven't found one true keeper... (Oh, Jah...PLEASE give me a keeper)

I'm over count with the clones from these plants so I'm thinking it may be time to play it safe and try something else rather than plodding along in so-so land with the knowledge that none of these are truly what I'm looking for.

Dammit...where's the off-the-hook tasty headies in this huge mix of genepool mediocrity? Any CO folks got a line?

Back to square one.......

s h

true grit

true grit

You need to pop that SFV BX my friend....now thats tasty headstash. I've got those SD's cranking, along with SSSDH, and the classic Headband....we'll get something dank rolling soon.

I'd agree though, if the clones aren't what ya want- play it safe, gift 'em, and pop more beans.....

sky high

sky high

I'm tryin not to be depressed and simply pull the damn plug on everything and take a break, grit. I have enough pot to last a fuckin year as it is, (can't sell it since the influx of new "patients" hit) and I'm getting tired of searching for the GRAIL that doesn't seem to be there....

Maybe we can hook when yer SFV is done 'cus I'm at the point where I think I need to check out the smoke and THEN pop the seeds. Too many crap genetics out there to wade through 'em all to find the gems....and to be honest...I don't believe the claims or descriptions of the seeds bein' sold anymore.

uggghhhh...

sky high

sky high

And to be fair/respectful to those who made the seeds I have popped along the way...I'm limited to small runs as a med patient so it's hard to find 'the one" in a single pack/etc. Possibly with larger populations I would have more luck honing on on what I'm looking for.

onward, through the fog....

s h

Top Bottom