Popping bag seeds worth it?

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I’ve had incredible bag seed. Also, not. Mostly, not. You may get lucky and find the new Lemon Cherry Gelato. You may also just be perpetuating herm prone genetics that will forever yield mediocre seeded bud.

C

chitownglass

Run it and see what happens. Worst thing that could happen is you will end up with a ton of good weed that has some seeds. Some of the darkest strains were from random bag seeds. Just sayin... run that ish son!!!

P

Putthataway

I like to toss a variable into my grows. I am by no far even an intermediate but I love tossing in a random seed I had for like 20 years. My first one I had this thing with pink hairs instead of red. She was short bushy and not aesthetically pleasing as the other plants. She would basically ruin your night or day. Give you a weed hangover. Seeds are fun.

Bilber

Bilber

So I got a bunch of Apple Fritter seeds from a bag.

Are popping these seeds worth it? I dont want to risk having any weak genetics that would have any chance of bringing pest.
Great question @Siz ....

For sure run it....
Run it and see what happens. Worst thing that could happen is you will end up with a ton of good weed that has some seeds. Some of the darkest strains were from random bag seeds. Just sayin... run that ish son!!!
This is exactly my thoughts ^ .......

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

So I got a bunch of Apple Fritter seeds from a bag.

Are popping these seeds worth it? I dont want to risk having any weak genetics that would have any chance of bringing pest.
Just pop em all and observe them pickout the good ones and throwout the bad ones or do what you want with them

Im currently growing seeds from a hermie auto and theyre turning out fine no herming so far they are a little funny sometimes but makeup for a greath experiment

My opininon: Try em out

Siz

Siz

I’ve had incredible bag seed. Also, not. Mostly, not. You may get lucky and find the new Lemon Cherry Gelato. You may also just be perpetuating herm prone genetics that will forever yield mediocre seeded bud.

I can get cuts of the new lemon cherry gelato. Good strain ?

I tried flower but it was mid grade

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

I've got seedlings going now from a green crack that was hit with pollen from an autoflower. Not sure what kind of freak it will turn out but it'll be fun. I keep them in 1Gs so it's easy to toss them if they turn stupid

Estukay

Estukay

Between my friend and I, over the last 7 years of growing outdoor, the 2 best plants were from bag seed. We have also had some bag seed that wasnt anything special.

We have been buying seeds every year as well and growing 5-6 plants each per year.

If the weed the that bag seeds came from was really good it is definitely worth trying.

Top Bottom