Portable A/c with Co2...Problem?

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

So I am 2 weeks into flower and ready to start my C02....one obstacle I have just noticed is I have a 12,000 btu protable A/c. I am running a cap 4 controller with 20lb co2 tank. The a/c has a 4" hose ran to a window where it vents out hot air.

Now this being a sealed room I am geussing if I dont make any mod's my ac will be sucking out all mt co2 enriched air blowing it outside.

I noticed on the back of the a/c there is 2 big square inlet vents. The one on top has a washable filter, the one on the bottom just has a big aluminum radiator looking coil.

I am assuming the one on top with the filter is the one that sucks air in to cool the room, and the bottom one is maybe the one that sucks the air in and blows it outside. Is this correct?

If it is should I build a sealed box around the bottom inlet and use some dryer hose to suck air in from outside some im not wasting co2?

I appricate any advise.

D

DazedNconfussed

Also...time for a newb question since I have you here, Is the Co2 tanks and Co2 you can get from welding supply stores the same as the over priced C02 tanks you get from the hydro store.

Hydro store wants $150 for a 20lb tank, and nearly $40 bucks for an exchange....welding supply wants $100 for 20lb tank and $19 for exchange.

D

DazedNconfussed

Another idea I had....could I rig an intake line (the intake that sucks air through the portable ac and blows it ouside) from high up along the ceiling in my grow room....Sucking my hot air out and since c02 is heavier then air, the co2 would stay low and not be sucked out???

Just another idea?

SupaM

SupaM

Also...time for a newb question since I have you here, Is the Co2 tanks and Co2 you can get from welding supply stores the same as the over priced C02 tanks you get from the hydro store.

Hydro store wants $150 for a 20lb tank, and nearly $40 bucks for an exchange....welding supply wants $100 for 20lb tank and $19 for exchange.

DNc, the tanks , and gas(CO2) available at welding supplies is the same. I researched resources locally, and found everyone cheaper than the grow stores.
Fire safety supply stores refill/exchange them here locally as well. Same gas marked up price. I found a 20lb tank on Craigslist for $40. Hope that helps.
All the Best!

D

DazedNconfussed

Hey, thanks bro...yeah...i got my tank for $100...refills are only $15 from the welding supply store....hydro store was like $35 for a refill...but hey, geuss they have to make something for luggin the tanks around.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey, thanks bro...yeah...i got my tank for $100...refills are only $15 from the welding supply store....hydro store was like $35 for a refill...but hey, geuss they have to make something for luggin the tanks around.

No, that's just price gouging, pure and simple. The hydro stores have the suppliers bring the filled tanks to them, and that same supplier grabs the empties for the next go-'round. They generally do it once or twice a week. I get gas for less than $10 a refill... you might mention to the hydro store OWNER, not their counter flunkie, that you'll do more business with a reputable outift that charges fair prices than a gouger getting whatever he thinks he can get away with.

Ask me about cheap nutes sometime, I'll fuckin' blow your mind. Thanks again, Snowblind!

As far as your AC setup goes, you have two hoses for this reason; one goes into the back of your AC unit to cool the compressor coils you see in there. That should be the one with the filter, so the coils don't get grubby. The other hose takes the hot air from the coil back out of the room. Your AC unit shouldn't be pulling air from the room to be cooled, or that would just defeat the purpose of the AC unit, right?

By the way, if you live someplace where the humidity is low, add a swamp cooler- as it adds humidity, something the plants like anyway, it will also cool the air due to an effect known as 'latent heat of vaporisation'.

Top Bottom