portable ac disposal?

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I recently, like a dumbass, purchased a non working a/c unit off of craigslist. I was wondering what is the proper protocol for disposal?(Of the air conditioner not the body of the duchebag who sold it to me)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sometimes they will have free recycling in your area for electronics, fridges, tvs and the like

otherwise you can take it to the local dump and they charge a fee and dispose of it properly - last time I took a fridge in I think it was like 25 bux

hiboy

hiboy

set it out on the curb, some homie may come and claim it
h

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea juss put in on ur curb.. Some Tweaker will spot it & think he can fix it.. Funny thing is the tweaker will prolly really fix it.. Damn tweakers

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Tweakers will either fix it or strip it for copper, either wy it gone..lol

Tex

sky high

sky high

It should fit well in the front seat of the car the cat owns that you bought it DEAD from.

just drive by and toss it in through his windshield and be done with it

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

what a dick that guy is, selling a broken ac...
I like sky high's idea :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Remove the refrigerant chemical freon properly from the unit. It is illegal to allow freon to enter the environment, and so the chemical must be removed by a freon recovery machine, which must be operated by a certified professional. If you are not certified to operate a freon recovery machine; contact scrapyards, recycling plants and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) companies to learn if they can remove the chemical for you.

J

Jsän

Remove the refrigerant chemical freon properly from the unit. It is illegal to allow freon to enter the environment, and so the chemical must be removed by a freon recovery machine, which must be operated by a certified professional. If you are not certified to operate a freon recovery machine; contact scrapyards, recycling plants and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) companies to learn if they can remove the chemical for you.

yeah i read that part Motherlode. I guess i, ass-u-me(d)<lol> that if the ac wasnt working, then the freon had long evacuated the system.

probably a bad idea to assume shit,.
you wont get as much from the scrap yard for the unit if its not broken down.
but you will be safe and compliant.

hiboy

hiboy

I was thinking of that movie office space and also my personal experience with them,
im having these feelings again with my frickin cell phone now
h

A

ataxia

i feel your pain brotha ... I bought an ac a year ago for 500 .... it broke on me the other day 2 weeks after the year long warranty.
I want to take it back to the store and throw it through their window.
now i had to drop from 12K btu to an 8k btu... my grow is in shambles right now.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i feel your pain brotha ... I bought an ac a year ago for 500 .... it broke on me the other day 2 weeks after the year long warranty.
I want to take it back to the store and throw it through their window.
now i had to drop from 12K btu to an 8k btu... my grow is in shambles right now.

heres a trick I have used to buck the bullshit warranty system

it only works if you can still buy the same model ac unit or a very close facsimile

especially if you can get it at a big chain store (best buy, home depot) because most of the people working at those places dont really give a shit or check that closely

just buy a new one - clean up the old one - stick it back in the box and take it back just under 30 days from when you got it and get your money back

insist its a piece of crap and you dont want another but your cash back

now you have a new ac and the 500 bucks you spent

your welcome! :icon_animal26:

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I do that with my playstation 3 I've got 3 new ps3 in the last year this way for free because I didn't pay for the first one any way lol gotta love walmart they'll take back any thing fuck you could take back dirty dipers to that store lol I Dnt know how that shit got in there must of Ben there when I bought it lol.

A

ataxia

heres a trick I have used to buck the bullshit warranty system

it only works if you can still buy the same model ac unit or a very close facsimile

especially if you can get it at a big chain store (best buy, home depot) because most of the people working at those places dont really give a shit or check that closely

just buy a new one - clean up the old one - stick it back in the box and take it back just under 30 days from when you got it and get your money back

insist its a piece of crap and you dont want another but your cash back

now you have a new ac and the 500 bucks you spent

your welcome! :icon_animal26:

thank you. I think i'll get on that asap!!

Top Bottom