portable AC useful in this situation?

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Hi Farmers :)

I grow in a small storage room in my apartment and have no ability to damage external walls so i cant open a hole out unfortunately for cooling purposes.

I have exhaust, intake, and closed loop cooling for lights.

Temperatures reach 28-29C max at lights on.

If i put a portable AC like this one

into my room. and put the exhaust hose into my kitchen and the intake in the room with the unit. Will this provide any cooling of the room other than equalising it with my kitchen room temperature? (which is effectively what my fans do already.)

If i understand correctily, the heat difference between the grow room and kitchen is all that cools the air using refrigerant? or is this like a fridge...and can make this really cool?

Thank you for your time and knowledge

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
You could put the ac cool out near you room intake and then you would have the ability to exhaust all the hot air from the ac out of a kitchen window or something without any smell. If my buddy was right when he explained my AC unit to me then it bows the hot room air over coils and then all the heat from the ac operation is what is exhausted. hope that makes some sense..just had some durban poison..:)

J

johndeere

Ive not seen a double exhaust model before, I have owned a single hose which if both hoses on that model are exhaust I wouldnt waste my time or money. To do it right what you want is a dual hose system that has an intake as well as an exhaust.Otherwise what these exhaust only units do is take ambient air from directly inside the room,cool it and send it back out while sending tons of hot air out of the exhaust. You cannot exhast this into your kitchen unless you want it to be 100 + F.
These are very expensive POS's that are energy hogs and cease to function above 80-90 F. Before you spend alot of $ on a huge dissapointment do some research on the different types as they work on hugely different levels, both mechanically and results given. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioner 4.4 has the pertinent info. Good Luck

Top Bottom