Poss Spider Mites

• Thread starter jerkchicken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jerkchicken

Hey guys,

I think I possibly have spider mites, hoping not of course and if I do there's not many and I only have 3 weeks left so remain hopeful! Possibly not though...

I have spots on my leaves but they're not close together like on pics I've seen researching, they are spaced out, only on certain leaves and they're slightly indented from the bottom, like brail (not sure that's spelled correctly, for blind people to read!). I have inspected the undersides of the said leaves and can't see anything with the naked eye, I will use a microscope tomorrow when I borrow one off my mate. They have been there for a few days now and I don't seem to notice any more popping up, at least not at an alarming rate, would they normally spread quickly? The temp has been getting low at night (about 13-15 C), which I know they don't like. I don't want to take humidity above 50% (where it is now) as I've had mold in the past and was pretty costly!

I did overfeed them slightly before, had N toxicity I think, had the claw but not burned leaf tips, so backed off the food of course. Could that cause what I described?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

J

jerkchicken

The humidity has been climbing at night though, around 60-70%

dogznova

dogznova

Mites are easy to spot.. Look on the bottom of one of the leaves that have the spots.. Mite spots on the leaves are tiny but many. Anyways look under the leave and look down the center vain.. It will have the eggs. The eggs look like white powdery stuff, usually accompanied by little black or red spots some where around the white powdery stuff.. The black or red spots are the mites.

You should see no powdery stuff, red or black dots.. Good luck

J

jerkchicken

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate the help. I can't see anything under there with just my eyes, no magnification. Also, the spots are quite big and few and far between, maybe say 5 to 10 on each leaf affected. I'll try and get some pics uploaded tomorrow but haven't got a camera and don't trust smart phones for shit with all this cloud nonsense! Any ideas for big indented spots? I know this is probably difficult without pics!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate the help. I can't see anything under there with just my eyes, no magnification. Also, the spots are quite big and few and far between, maybe say 5 to 10 on each leaf affected. I'll try and get some pics uploaded tomorrow but haven't got a camera and don't trust smart phones for shit with all this cloud nonsense! Any ideas for big indented spots? I know this is probably difficult without pics!
Could be a P deficiency or something and if it's not mites your golden at this stage. Best of luck.
Peace

J

jerkchicken

Cheers mate! I hope so, they looking frosty and stinking! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

J

jerkchicken

I've had a look at P def and think you're onto something there! The leaves are reddish-purple, which looks lovely but does seem to point to that from what I've just read. Its Devils Harvest Strawberry Sour Diesel from fem seeds and when you look at a pic on their website it has the same coloring on the leaves exactly so I didn't think anything of it. Maybe they had p def too haha! Shall I just increase my PK booster I'm using slightly?

I really do appreciate the help guys, this site is awesome!

dogznova

dogznova

Yep, you will have no problem seeing the eggs (powdery looking crap) underside the leaves on the main vein with a naked eye. If no crap underside of the leaves your good.

The larger spots.. Could be anything, but mites are tiny little spots.

Like shroom said you'll be fine till the end..

Get a pic up tomorrow if you can, there is a wealth of knowledge here at the farm.

dogznova

dogznova

The leaves are reddish-purple, which looks lovely but does seem to point to that from what I've just read. Its Devils Harvest Strawberry Sour Diesel from fem seeds and when you look at a pic on their website it has the same coloring on the leaves exactly.

bro your golden lol

J

jerkchicken

Will do, I'll borrow a camera and get some up. Thanks again and good night! I'm getting into bed now with a nice big joint and my book :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom