Possible bud rot

• Thread starter Sup3rnov4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

Hey guys so my plant has been through hell but has made it to week 7 of flowering.

It's an outdoor grow and the weather has been very very humid the last week and alot of mist/dew in the mornings.

I checked on my plant this afternoon to look at the trichomes and they are all milky with one or 2 amber.

The issue is I noticed a single brown sugar leaf on her and when I went to grab it the leaf turned to mush.

I'm thinking it's the onset of bud rot should I crop her now and throw away the bud that had the leaf ?

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

thanks, guys I left her overnight to see if I was just being a dick, As expected the same bud was developing another brown leaf so removed it and cropped the rest wish me luck.

117435723 1357812207749009 4983420825784529529 n
117445018 2614314155486040 1251645993257563685 n

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

Think I'm going to loose the lot every branch has developed discoloration in very small patches :/

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Can you circle the spots you're talkin about, cuz unless I missed it I'm not seeing bud rot in any of your pictures

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If you have spotty bud rot (which I don’t see in your pics) you don’t have to chop your whole branch or whole plant. Snip out the patchy bud rot areas and stay vigilant for more patches. Sometimes you can let 50% or more of the buds mature with selective bud rot chopping.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

my first-time harvest so no idea lolView attachment 1014764

I experienced bud rot on my first grow which is almost done. This does not look like bud rot, your initial description sounds like bud rot though, make sure to remove those sections of the bud (brown, leaves turning to mush) plus a bit extra to make sure you get it all.

When my first harvest was drying I had a bit of bud rot come back at the edges of leaves and some parts in the centre, make sure you take a close look when trimming, the bud rot leaves had dark brown discolouration, where it was a bit more humid (closer to the centre of the bud) it will be a bit fuzzier, it should be easy to spot because it looks distinctly different from the good bud.

Sup3rnov4

Sup3rnov4

I experienced bud rot on my first grow which is almost done. This does not look like bud rot, your initial description sounds like bud rot though, make sure to remove those sections of the bud (brown, leaves turning to mush) plus a bit extra to make sure you get it all.

When my first harvest was drying I had a bit of bud rot come back at the edges of leaves and some parts in the centre, make sure you take a close look when trimming, the bud rot leaves had dark brown discolouration, where it was a bit more humid (closer to the centre of the bud) it will be a bit fuzzier, it should be easy to spot because it looks distinctly different from the good bud.
Thanks for the response it's all dried now and in cure. The discolouration was where the stalks had dried either side of the node and the node still held a little moisture. Just gutted I couldn't take her the whole way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom