possible changes coming to MT law

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hello fellow Montana medicinal farmers. I am writing to urge all of you to get out and vote this november and make sure that the legislators that you vote for are pro medical marijuana or we could find ourselves looking much like one of the east coast cities: much more unnecessarily strict legislation enacted by people suffering from extreme paranoia. Please get out and vote and save our program, it truly is at stake, one of the first Republican agendas is to repeal the mmj act and start over with much more regulation. While I welcome certain regulations, it is certain that these people are into giving us something much worse than what we are going to need.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Thanks for the link Chalwa.......its too bad more people from Mt are not on this site like Californians, or Coloradans.

M

MTgrower

Thanks for the link Chalwa.......its too bad more people from Mt are not on this site like Californians, or Coloradans.

Dude, have you looked at the population differences between those states? We have less than 1,000,000 people in the entire state! The LA and Denver metropolitan areas alone have almost 15,000,000 people. Kind of explains why we can't represent like states with cities that dwarf the population of our entire state. No?

hotRod

hotRod

the Montana folk have grown a lot on this site
which is perfect.

We need a way we all can communicate together and be one loud voice and that is what this forum will provide. Hopefully more folks join in on the fun here.

FLB

FLB

I'm getting close haole. It's not the age that matters. It's the voice of one verses the voice of masses. Which is louder?

M

MTgrower

Any of us over 40? Not sure how loud our voice will be if we're all relatively young males.

Over thirty here, but that has no bearing on anything. The faster that Jason Christ is removed from the scene, the better. Hopefully his latest threat to bomb the verizon store will end him up in prison for some time. I hope they hit him with domestic terrorism charges and send his dumb ass to a CIA blacksite. Hopefully his dumb ass will try to defend himself in court again. I really don't like that guy. How the fuck did he come to represent "the movement" here in MT. Embarrassing.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Dude, have you looked at the population differences between those states? We have less than 1,000,000 people in the entire state! The LA and Denver metropolitan areas alone have almost 15,000,000 people. Kind of explains why we can't represent like states with cities that dwarf the population of our entire state. No?

Whoa buddy, what i was saying some time ago was simply referencing the lack of activity on this thread, which has changed significantly since then. Comparing populations is a little ridiculous as that would seem like common knowledge to me. Again things have changed.

As far as jason christ is concerned, he really does no good for the medical scene in montana. Had he been more conservative about his approach, as opposed to flamboyantly smoking his large pipe in front of cameras, the mmj movement would be in a much better position, undoubtedly! At the very least his legacy, if you will call it that, will make the average Montanan have an extremely difficult time obtaining a medical card, and at worst he may be responsible for the repeal, if one happens.

M

MTgrower

Whoa buddy, what i was saying some time ago was simply referencing the lack of activity on this thread, which has changed significantly since then. Comparing populations is a little ridiculous as that would seem like common knowledge to me. Again things have changed.

As far as jason christ is concerned, he really does no good for the medical scene in montana. Had he been more conservative about his approach, as opposed to flamboyantly smoking his large pipe in front of cameras, the mmj movement would be in a much better position, undoubtedly! At the very least his legacy, if you will call it that, will make the average Montanan have an extremely difficult time obtaining a medical card, and at worst he may be responsible for the repeal, if one happens.

Didn't mean to come off with any attitude. Christ does no good for anyone on any level. He is such an embarrassment as a human being, let alone as a champion for marijuana rights. Something he claims but could not be further from in reality. Hopefully the bomb threat will remove him permanently.

I'd love to smash that pipe. Pretend to be down with him and ask for a pull, then.... Oooops. So sorry I dropped that dude. I hope sucking on that lame pipe wasn't your trademark or anything.

M

mountainman21

Over thirty here, but that has no bearing on anything. The faster that Jason Christ is removed from the scene, the better. Hopefully his latest threat to bomb the verizon store will end him up in prison for some time. I hope they hit him with domestic terrorism charges and send his dumb ass to a CIA blacksite. Hopefully his dumb ass will try to defend himself in court again. I really don't like that guy. How the fuck did he come to represent "the movement" here in MT. Embarrassing.

I am surprised that he has not gotten his ass kicked by some pissed off parent, when he decides to light up in front of their kids...I agree it is embarrassing to have society think of him as the face of medical marijuana, when really its the folks that are providing medicine as the law provides that should be the many faces of medical marijuana..any one of the guys that got fired from Stone Container and now is able to keep his house because of this movement..people that actually grow medicine and don't feel the need to break it out whenever and where ever.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Didn't mean to come off with any attitude. Christ does no good for anyone on any level. He is such an embarrassment as a human being, let alone as a champion for marijuana rights. Something he claims but could not be further from in reality. Hopefully the bomb threat will remove him permanently.

I'd love to smash that pipe. Pretend to be down with him and ask for a pull, then.... Oooops. So sorry I dropped that dude. I hope sucking on that lame pipe wasn't your trademark or anything.

yeah i'd like to smash that pipe!

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Here is an article from the Missoulian on Dec. 25th.

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/article_7565f16c-10b1-11e0-8dbf-001cc4c03286.html

In it Gov. Schweitzer says ,to state legislators, if it doesn't create jobs, he doesn't want anything to do with it.

From the article: If your proposal doesn't create good jobs for Montana, don't bother.

"This is priority No. 1, priority No. 2 and priority No. 3," he said late last week. "Does it create higher-paying jobs in Montana? If it doesn't create higher-paying jobs, then why are you proposing this? ...

This may be key for us. If they want to regulate the medical marijuana laws in this state, we can argue the amount of lost revenue and jobs that will surely come.

The medical marijuana network is not just caregivers and patients. Think about the other businesses that will suffer if the noose starts to tighten.
Glass Blowers, Head Shops, Grow Stores, Snack Food Sales :giggle.

Legislators need to be reminded of the revenue potential for allowing this fledgling MMJ experiment work it self out.

hotRod

hotRod

Jack
thanks for the link and good read

we need to use this forum to organize
and spread information to each other
good job

hotRod

hotRod

maybe we all need to write letters about job creation
and to ad to the list Jack

-caregivers
-growshops
-head shops
-glass blowers
-North western Energy must LOVE us !!!!!
-Electricians
-Hardware stores
-Accountants
-Banks opening business accounts

the list goes on .....................

FLB

FLB

I have to add to this one......

northwestern energy
lumberyards
ranch and supply stores
landlords and their commercial properties
carpenters
plumbers
hvac techs
northwestern energy
realtors
attornies
doctors
even our local, state and fed government.
Did I say North Western Energy? haha

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Excellent additions.

These are the people we need to inform of how legislation would effect their business. In addition, they would add to the majority voice contacting reps.

hotRod

hotRod

WOW
nice FLB great additions

great points Jack

I wonder if all these folks even have a clue that
if Helena makes too many changes it will effect everyone

M

MTgrower

I have to add to this one......

northwestern energy
lumberyards
ranch and supply stores
landlords and their commercial properties
carpenters
plumbers
hvac techs
northwestern energy
realtors
attornies
doctors
even our local, state and fed government.
Did I say North Western Energy? haha

You guys forgot to mention TRIMMERS!!! Created a whole new job title! Fine trim work at good speed is an art. Just like production fly tying. And if you have production fly tying experience, trimming is an easy transition.

By the way, any word on any changes?

J

JimBob

You can check the status of the bills and actually look at what the bills themselves say here

http://laws.leg.mt.gov/laws11/LAW0217W$BAIV.return_all_bills

Latest posts

Top Bottom