Possible Duds

• Thread starter Peacefreedom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peacefreedom

Peacefreedom

Hey guys so I got some clones from a friend. The Clones were rooted in Connected rockwool cubes. When I went to separate them the roots were grown into each other's cubes really bad. There was definitely some root ripping action. I feel like since then the Clones just haven't shown any signs of vigor or Real Recovery. My environment is pretty good temperatures between 74 to 77 on the canopy with 50 to 70 humidity. I've definitely been taking it very easy on the nutrients and using Fox Farm Sledgehammer to flush occasionally every two weeks or so. My feeding schedule is as follows one-third strength Big Bloom 1/3 strength grow big 1/3 strength Cal Mag 1/3 strength kelp me kelp you and every two weeks a Mendocino honey feeding for microryza. I only have one plant that I grew from seed and it's the best one. My question is at this point am I wasting my time to continue to flower the dudded Clones. Should I just maybe you try to sell the plants or give them away and start over? The only bit of Hope I've gotten so far is that I do a technique called double potting where I just cut off the bottom of the pot and set it on top of another one and super duct tape it so the bottom soil can't shift from the top pot and damage roots. When I did this all my dud plants had amazing roots. It looks like Donald Trump's comb over of white fuzzy Harry roots of the bottom of each 3 gallon grow bag. More Roots more fruits but I'm not seeing anything at the top as far as vigorous growth goes. Should I wait and see if things turn around or just cut my losses? The seedling I grew is the last photo at the bottom so I feel like I'm doing well and maybe it's not me so much it's the plants being dudded.

Possible duds
Possible duds 2
Possible duds 3
Possible duds 4
Possible duds 5
Possible duds 6
Possible duds 7
zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

From my experience dud and bugs are synonymous
Even for awhile after they are gone

Peacefreedom

Peacefreedom

I pH to 6.5 and my run off has been 6.2-6.6, I also have a cheap burpee ph and soil fertility meter and it says 7.0 which is what ffof I believe is supposed to be amended to. You know what I have had the worst bug attacks as well. I used neem then organicide and then Captain Jack's bug off or whatever the one that is bacteria based. I have been pretty good at cleaning and spraying around the plants and walls even their containers. My next move was lady bugs when I flip to flower.

P

PharmHand

Could be from the sprays too. Too much neem or anything oily can gack out your stomata almost suffocating your plants which would slow the flow of water, calcium and other minerals. Doesn't explain why the seedling looks ok tho. I feel like calling them duds and icing them is a cop out.... You can pull em through you got this bro lol

Organikz

Organikz

you will not get much growth vigor from an hps light. during vegative state you need blue light spectrum such as metal halide. I run CMH through both. looks like you're watering a bit too much.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I'm wondering if a top soil dressing would help, or some kind of nutrient boost. Maybe put those into larger hard pots and cut the sides of they are not reusable with a
super soil mix. Can the water keep up with the roots? Maybe flush with water... MH will help your plants in veg stand up a little more. They like that spectrum of light during those hours..But if that's what you have to work with, I would suggest making more room for the roots and getting proper nutrient levels. Top soil is more of a temporary band aid. Also you could trim some of the stuff out of the middle areas to provide some ventilation for the plants.

Peacefreedom

Peacefreedom

I did wash them one time it's been a couple weeks though. I've sprayed them twice in the month once with neem once with organocide and when I say I've sprayed them with Captain Jack's it was the pots and floor. My goal was just to try to cycle through the three different sprays so none of the bugs started building up immunities to whatever said product. The roots are going insane. My seedling I'm watering her right now has been blowing up with roots. I mixed at least a half gallon of Coco in the ffof. The top soil was already choked out with roots that I dressed just last feed so I dressed her again.... I always breakup what I can with out damaging top roots before I water and it was solid with roots to the point where it doesn't even want to drain well and no breakup was possible. I feel I haven't over fed because I've even noticed some possible phosphorus deficiency in her and nitrogen deficiencies in the duds. At least that's my guess as to what the purple stems to the leaves has been caused by on the seedling and light green on the clones. I know it is possible I could have had some light burn however I turn the lights down to what most people with gavitas recommend without light movers and mine are on movers. I'm half tempted to frame a wall in the middle of my grow room and flower the ones that look half-decent and just start over on the other side. This definitely has been a lesson. Number 1 never send a friend to go get clones that isn't a grower. Number 2 never buy clones always make your own. And 3 if you are looking for a specific strain by the seeds from the breeder that has a good reputation.

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

you will not get much growth vigor from an hps light. during vegative state you need blue light spectrum such as metal halide. I run CMH through both. looks like you're watering a bit too much.
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on this forum, and that is a very high bar.
You shouldn't be posting like an authority, if you really have no idea what you are talking about.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on this forum, and that is a very high bar.
You shouldn't be posting like an authority, if you really have no idea what you are talking about.
U kinda go around just finding things to disagree with? I mean, your right, but I do see a patern in your posts... Not trying to Dr Phil you, but you seem a little negative aura around you :(

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

U kinda go around just finding things to disagree with? I mean, your right, but I do see a patern in your posts... Not trying to Dr Phil you, but you seem a little negative aura around you :(
Well, I guess if the mods don't actually know about growing someone should be calling out the bs

fatawa

fatawa

Not trying to Dr Phil you,
tell em doc.lmao.jk @EventHorizan is my boy..i veg with hps too..no lack of luster i promise you.i hav mh too in i actualy c better growth hps n veg.mh does seem to make it branchy if you dont train but if u got a strong pimp hand try hps n veg...wont b disapointd

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well, I guess if the mods don't actually know about growing someone should be calling out the bs
But first off YOUR not a mod, and some of the things you ARE wrong on, and its not up to you to join this site a month ago a self appoint yourself the growgod and bringer of knowledge. And even if you were, there is a lot more professional, and mature way to get your point across which brings in to question your motives. Are you trying to help and guide or just tell ppl they are stupid?
Understand?

fatawa

fatawa

Break it up u 2....lmfao.love the name satanstaint.lmao.the guy who had the question fixd his problems so no worries fellas.

fatawa

fatawa

,u gotta realize we got people from u.k. too who dont get to use hps/mh as much cause of there electric bills.nobody is versed on everything..with that being said he earned that lil well known farmer tag u kno..i like the confidence im young n cocky too but if u ever run into a jam in u hav a question yur closing doors that r normaly open to u..u kno.

Latest posts

Top Bottom