possible effects?

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

while trying fimming for the first time i made a mistake clipping some of the foliage off of the lateral buds. if anyone has experienced this before what could be the possible effects for making this rookie mistake? thanks in advance.

catdaddy

catdaddy

these are the only two that i messed up and i am not sure should i get rid of them or wait to see if the will bounce back. here are a couple of pics to describe what i am talking about.

IMG 0074
IMG 0075
hiboy

hiboy

your soil looks to wet
stick em right under some flouries
h

A

Alien Abductee

^^^ what he said.

If it was mine, id transplant into something bigger, hit it with some super thrive, thow it under some 6500k cfls or an led and see where it goes. I've grow out plants in much worse condition and they have been fine. As long as it has 1 growth site and roots, the plant will try to grow. Even if its a side node, it'll continue off a branch if it has too.

catdaddy

catdaddy

i watered them this morning that's y it probably looks so damp but your sharp eye is dead on and i will cut back on the watering from now on. thanks.

catdaddy

catdaddy

^^^ what he said.

If it was mine, id transplant into something bigger, hit it with some super thrive, thow it under some 6500k cfls or an led and see where it goes. I've grow out plants in much worse condition and they have been fine. As long as it has 1 growth site and roots, the plant will try to grow. Even if its a side node, it'll continue off a branch if it has too.

thanks. i wasn't too sure if that was a good idea (im a newbie to the fullest) being in the condition that they are in. however i will give it a shot and see where it goes from there.

as for the watering i have drainage holes at the bottom so when i do water i water until i see water coming from the drainage holes. once again thanks for bringing the over watering factor to my attention.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Looks like the food was 2 strong maybe.. Or the soil was 2 hot with lots of nutes.. I wouldn't kill them juss yet.. When I see crazy things happening I always give a good flush & start over with less nutes.. But if I were u I would juss flush with plain water till it comes out clear.. I'm betting the water drains out the bottom like the color of tea cuz the nutes r so strong in the soil..

catdaddy

catdaddy

i don't know about that goo. when i fed them at 1/4 strength they were good it's when i fimmed them they start looking like that but you have a better eye than me when it comes to this so i don't disagree. you always stared me in the right direction so i will flush and see how they do then transplant after that. thanks

i would strongly agree with the transplanting factor because the cups are only a little over half full of soil and been in there going on three weeks.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

The reason I said that is cuz look at the leaves curled down 2 the dirt it kinda looks like there starting 2 claw.. What kind of soil r u using? If it's soilless or coco I would feed 1/4 strength.. If ur in soil there way 2 small 2 start feeding them.. The soil should have enough nutes 4 about a month.. In soil juss plain water for 3-4 weeks..when the leaves curl down it's like the plant is telling u what's wrong there saying the problum is down there look down.. But I could b wrong.. U would no what u did 2 them not me.. U could b rite.. I juss always always start with a flush when ever sumthin goes wierd on my plants..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If the issue is cuz u chopped them a Lil wrong there juss trying 2 get there selves back on track.. They should grow rite past this.. I juss said flush cuz a Lil flush won't hurt 1 bit & it's a good starting point.. That's juss what I do.. I'm sure they will b ok..

catdaddy

catdaddy

i will definitely flush, it wouldn't hurt to start fresh. thanks everyone for the help.

catdaddy

catdaddy

4days after flush and 2 days after transplant. wanted to hit them with some root builder but wasn't too sure if that would be a good idea. looking for some solid advise so please shoot all ideas that come to mind. thanks in advance.

IMG 20111007 00135
IMG 20111007 00136
IMG 20111007 00137
IMG 20111007 00138
IMG 20111007 00140
IMG 20111007 00141
IMG 20111007 00142
IMG 20111007 00143
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Looks pretty good.. I would juss let them go juss like ur doing 4 about another week.. I would let them get some new growth 4 a min b4 I tryed 2 push them juss yet.. If u do want 2 try 2 push some root growth go super super light on the mix maybe 1/4 strength.. If u got a ppm meter juss hit them super light maybe 250 ppm 2 start.. But I really wouldn't push them quite yet there barly juss snapping out of the stress rite now.. I would let the soil dry out & the roots will build when they look 4 water.. If u got Roots XL or rapid start hit them with that would b ok full strength 1.1ml. Per gal. Of water.. I'm not sure about other stuff cuz I've never used anything els.. That's y I say wait another week.. But roots xl & rapid start r super low on nutes so that's y I say it's ok 2 use now.. Juss make sure the nutes r super low on "N'" rite now.. There's lots of "N" in ur soil rite now..good luck

Top Bottom