Possible nute burn?? Gorilla glue auto please help

• Thread starter GD1576
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GD1576

GD1576

My first grow and quite frankly I panic at the first sight of a problem. Really want to get it right. So she’s just beginning to flower and I noticed slight yellowing on the tips of the leaves but only on my tops. She’s In coco feeding daily GH flora series along with cal mag; water PH 5.7-6.0; ppm just under or about 600. Runoff is about the same. Don’t have a medium ph tester looking to get one tomorrow. Wondering if I should flush and start feeding again after a day or two.? Thoughts, advice, other remedies? Any help is welcomed. Thanks!!!
Few pics of what she looks like.

Possible nute burn  gorilla glue auto please help
Possible nute burn  gorilla glue auto please help 2
Possible nute burn  gorilla glue auto please help 3
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Things look pretty good to me. I'm not sure if your PPMs are too high, but I'm sure that someone will chime in. It doesn't really look like nute burn, but I'd give it a 1/4 or 1/2 strength fertilizer dose and see if it helps or if you see any adverse reactions to the feeding. Remember that older laves won't recover, and that plants only need a certain amount of feeding and anything over that amount increases your chances for problems. It's much better to underfeed than to overfeed and much easier to correct.
Keep up the good work. FWIW, what is the Rh of your grow area? It could be something as simple as low humidity... I have had the same brown tips until the Rh increases from the combined effect of the other plants transpirations. Dry winter air can often cause your humidity to drop, especially if you have warmer temps in the area. A strong ventilation system can sometimes cause too much dry air to be drawn in too, which was my problem, using a furnace blower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Personally looks like some heat issues and underfeeding. Think you should be watering 3 or more times a day at this stage

GD1576

GD1576

Things look pretty good to me. I'm not sure if your PPMs are too high, but I'm sure that someone will chime in. It doesn't really look like nute burn, but I'd give it a 1/4 or 1/2 strength fertilizer dose and see if it helps or if you see any adverse reactions to the feeding. Remember that older laves won't recover, and that plants only need a certain amount of feeding and anything over that amount increases your chances for problems. It's much better to underfeed than to overfeed and much easier to correct.
Keep up the good work. FWIW, what is the Rh of your grow area? It could be something as simple as low humidity... I have had the same brown tips until the Rh increases from the combined effect of the other plants transpirations. Dry winter air can often cause your humidity to drop, especially if you have warmer temps in the area. A strong ventilation system can sometimes cause too much dry air to be drawn in too, which was my problem, using a furnace blower.
Hey thanks for the feedback. I don’t think I have an RH problem. I’m ranging between 50%-65% RH. However my temps do swing quite a bit. Having a hard time dialing it in but I think it’s still within acceptable ranges. Lows of 68 degrees but as high as 84. Tents in an storage room and I had to Bring ac into the room, but room isn’t insulated (I live in south fla in case your wondering why I pump ac in Jan). Anyhow, I’ll take your advice and maybe cut back a bit on the nutes. Thanks again!

GD1576

GD1576

Personally looks like some heat issues and underfeeding. Think you should be watering 3 or more times a day at this stage
Really under feeding? Definitely possible as I feed once daily and as I mentioned before my temps do swing a lot. Counter intuitive to what I thought the problem is, but I know nothing. If I even knew that I knew nothing that would be something but I don’t. Thanks man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Really under feeding? Definitely possible as I feed once daily and as I mentioned before my temps do swing a lot. Counter intuitive to what I thought the problem is, but I know nothing. If I even knew that I knew nothing that would be something but I don’t. Thanks man
Coco needs to stay saturated not like soil. More watering does not equal more food. It equals more oxygen and a stable root zone and also flushes out the media

If you were in soil it would be completely different. I understand you are a new grower but coco is not soil and if you treat it like soil your going to have issues.

600-800ppm and start feeding 3x a day with a good amount of runoff like 20% you will find it doesn't take much after you get it fully saturated. You want to stay over 90% saturated preferably over 95% the more often you water the better growth you will see within reason.

GD1576

GD1576

Coco needs to stay saturated not like soil. More watering does not equal more food. It equals more oxygen and a stable root zone and also flushes out the media

If you were in soil it would be completely different. I understand you are a new grower but coco is not soil and if you treat it like soil your going to have issues.

600-800ppm and start feeding 3x a day with a good amount of runoff like 20% you will find it doesn't take much after you get it fully saturated. You want to stay over 90% saturated preferably over 95% the more often you water the better growth you will see within reason.
noted! And thanks again.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hey thanks for the feedback. I don’t think I have an RH problem. I’m ranging between 50%-65% RH. However my temps do swing quite a bit. Having a hard time dialing it in but I think it’s still within acceptable ranges. Lows of 68 degrees but as high as 84. Tents in an storage room and I had to Bring ac into the room, but room isn’t insulated (I live in south fla in case your wondering why I pump ac in Jan). Anyhow, I’ll take your advice and maybe cut back a bit on the nutes. Thanks again!
I feel ya I’m in central Florida humidity is problem with out the ac .

Top Bottom