Possible nute burn or deficiency?plants may die. Looking for help.

• Thread starter Greenmon23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

@Greenmon23 — I had this while adjusting to LEDs. I believe you have light burn related to a magnesium deficiency.

LEDs create a big demand for Mg in the plant, and the lower leaves — the ones the plant strips of Mg to feed to the growing points — burn like that.

Add 1 tsp/gallon Cal/Mag or epsom salts to your irrigation water with every watering.

The other posters are right about you not watering correctly. Note how your soil is damp in the center, near the plant, but not along the edges of the pot? Roots will NEVER ENTER DRY SOIL. The soil around the edges of your pot are just there for show right now. They're not helping the plant. You may also be overwatering the part that is wet, but I'm not sure about that.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
I'll say this......Pay Most Attention to the Newest Growth....You Cant Fix the Damage done and its not that severe......
Remove leaves as they die off but the new growth is ALL that counts at this stage...ya feel me?
Relax......your already on your way to being Ok...your new growth looks ok yes?.....If so...chill out and let the Plant grow....hope that helps

Pot is a Top Down plant guys....Meaning Top growth is New growth....Lower growth is Oldest and reserves and storage....Basic Botany folks...
If the Issue was still continuing the New growth would be Damaged Now....
A mistake at this point would be trying a bunch of stuff and make it worse for no reason.... just my 2 pents tho...gl
FOE20

Last edited:
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Sooo many ppl put their seedlings into a soil that is far too strong for such little.baby plants. Ive read and commented on atleast 10 posts about coast of maine soil slightly burning seedlings. This is why I started with a happyfrog mix and then about 21 to 30 days later I transplanted into a stronger mix into larger pots...no issues as far as nute burn at all what so ever.

Chlorine is no bueno, the flouride isnt a good thing either. You can grab a filter that will extract that nastyness and just attach it to the focet or the water hose. I did this, makes things easier and faster...i then just put the water into a pressure sprayer and mix in 1 bottle of spring water to add the minerals back into the water so that it isnt completely stripped of the stuff the plant needs to grow.

At this point the damage is done, you can most likely save em and make it a decent grow but cant burn em with nutes or fuck up the watering schedule anymore.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
so you guys think he killed um yet?....heh
FOE20

Top Bottom