Possible pollinated plants

• Thread starter KOZMOZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KOZMOZ

Hello,recently noticed some male flowers on a dutch passion bluberry plant that was 3 weeks into flower.My question is if the garden gets pollinated and produce seeds,are the seeds worth growing?

I did pull the plant down the second I noticed the male flowers.believe it or not out of the several years that I have been growing I have never before seen a male flower until now.(just balls)

hopefully these plants are not harmed.

johnursery

johnursery

I wouldnt grow the seeds, most growers consider this trait a real nuisance, however some people do and it defy's logic IMO, plants are looking great by the way!

K

KOZMOZ

thanks for the quick reply,ya i will def not grow these out,thats why i need to buy regular seeds instead of feminized,theres always something to learn in this game.
thanks kozmoz

joeca1i

joeca1i

can't see any male flowers on those pics.If you only get 1 flower pod that pops out on the stem,or a claw,it shouldn't be a problem.If your getting more then 1 or,a bunch of male flower pods poppin out in the bud,I'd get rid of it.

johnursery

johnursery

i dont want to scare you off of feminized seeds, alot of breeders will eliminate this trait before making there feminized seeds and then its not a concern

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the pistils all look ncie and white still i dotn see any pollination happening. was it just a single bannana you saw? was it open?

K

KOZMOZ

yes,it was only 1 single male flower,I constanly monitor the room for issues like this,things are filling in nice,no problems so far.
thanks everyone for your help.

2DogWalker

Koz,

I recently had a pollination in my room (never could find the single flower) but the pistils really started to turn fast, (I am new to medical growing - So I didn't know, or pretend to) and after some research and putting together logic it was definitely as the pollen was hitting them they would orange up and dry out, before they were due to change.... From my first experience, this is what I would advise to look for in terms of the pollen spreading to the other ladies. Best of luck, way to be vigilant and catch that little bastard bro!!!!

Best
2Dog

Top Bottom