Possible problem

• Thread starter jaimars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaimars

jaimars

It’s day #32 for my girl and honestly I can’t tell if the leaves with yellow are the same ones and just got bigger or if the yellow is spreading! What’s causing my leaves to look this way? I want to make sure she is healthy for flower.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yellowing is often caused by low levels of Nitrogen. What, if anything, are you feeding it? Too much food can cause similar issues, as can wayward Ph levels, but in general, a plant will get lighter green when starting to need nitrogen and the leaves can yellow and die if it is deficient enough.

jaimars

jaimars

Yellowing is often caused by low levels of Nitrogen. What, if anything, are you feeding it? Too much food can cause similar issues, as can wayward Ph levels, but in general, a plant will get lighter green when starting to need nitrogen and the leaves can yellow and die if it is deficient enough.
It hasn’t had a feeding yet I transplanted it into fox farm ocean forest soil with extra perlite on June 6 and I’m letting it use up those nutrients but I have the fox farm liquid nutrients for feedings......I have her 1ml/gallon of cal mag a couple days ago

jaimars

jaimars

It look hungry because the roots aren't fully recovered since transplant. I always raise the light a bit after transplant for a few days.
So you think I should give her a feeding? The first photo is her on transplant day she needed watered and transplanted bad....the other photo is of her 9 days ago!

B858588A 9D64 4F7F B790 50833F1E8CA1
3CF8CBB4 767B 43CE B06A D4FA9C8223EC
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It hasn’t had a feeding yet I transplanted it into fox farm ocean forest soil with extra perlite on June 6 and I’m letting it use up those nutrients but I have the fox farm liquid nutrients for feedings......I have her 1ml/gallon of cal mag a couple days ago
If you planted it in Fox Farms, you probably don't need to feed it anything as it already has nutrients mixed into it. It could be your plant's reaction to being put into a fairly hot medium. Once the roots grow in some, you will probably see some recovery but be careful when feeding until you know how much stuff is left in the soil... a PPM/EC meter to measure the outflow will work well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How are you watering these? Can you describe it fully every little detail.

After 10 days it's not transplant shock it's something you are doing and I have a feeling it's how you are watering.

Also those plants in the video could use a little pruning or atleast some airflow through the canopy at this point

jaimars

jaimars

If you planted it in Fox Farms, you probably don't need to feed it anything as it already has nutrients mixed into it. It could be your plant's reaction to being put into a fairly hot medium. Once the roots grow in some, you will probably see some recovery but be careful when feeding until you know how much stuff is left in the soil... a PPM/EC meter to measure the outflow will work well.
your talking about measuring the run off?

jaimars

jaimars

How are you watering these? Can you describe it fully every little detail.

After 10 days it's not transplant shock it's something you are doing and I have a feeling it's how you are watering.

Also those plants in the video could use a little pruning or atleast some airflow through the canopy at this point
before i was afraid of over watering and i was giving her half a gallon when the top soil dried out of distilled water but the other day after advice i gave her a gallon and a half my humidity has been high 68-75 since.....i dont really know what details to give just pour evenly around and about half inch from stem

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

before i was afraid of over watering and i was giving her half a gallon when the top soil dried out of distilled water but the other day after advice i gave her a gallon and a half my humidity has been high 68-75 since.....i dont really know what details to give just pour evenly around and about half inch from stem
Saturate the entire media so you get a little runoff( don't need alot of runoff in your media just a bit) Then let it dry well before watering again. It's very common for growers to think overwatering is to much water but that's not the case. Overwatering is watering to often. If you partially water you can end up with dry spots and uneven soil density in the future. IMO you should saturate the media and give it time to dry before watering again.

mancorn

mancorn

The fabric bags are nice, but difficult to transplant from. So not uncommon for growers to go into big fabric (as opposed to going from a couple smaller pots). But this makes watering much harder to regulate. With your size plants, they’d normally be in a 1 gallon (nursery, which is really .7 gallon) and wouldn't come close to using 1.5 gallons of water. You'll need to run a fine line between giving a good soaking and watering too often. I'd only water out a little past your drip line at this point and not soak the entire pot (which in your case might take a week or so to dry out).

edit:most certainly take Aqua Man's advice on not doing a lot of small waterings, however.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Saturate the entire media so you get a little runoff( don't need alot of runoff in your media just a bit) Then let it dry well before watering again. It's very common for growers to think overwatering is to much water but that's not the case. Overwatering is watering to often. If you partially water you can end up with dry spots and uneven soil density in the future. IMO you should saturate the media and give it time to dry before watering again.
+1 regards OD.

jaimars

jaimars

thank you so much you have been a big help everytime!

jaimars

jaimars

The fabric bags are nice, but difficult to transplant from. So not uncommon for growers to go into big fabric (as opposed to going from a couple smaller pots). But this makes watering much harder to regulate. With your size plants, they’d normally be in a 1 gallon (nursery, which is really .7 gallon) and wouldn't come close to using 1.5 gallons of water. You'll need to run a fine line between giving a good soaking and watering too often. I'd only water out a little past your drip line at this point and not soak the entire pot (which in your case might take a week or so to dry out).

edit:most certainly take Aqua Man's advice on not doing a lot of small waterings, however.
ok thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom